SPFL/Celtic release statement on sky and virtual tickets.

It looks to me like sky will have nothing to do with the season ticket virtual stuff. Looks like they will just allow clubs to show the other games in the UK via RTV

Got to be this. And Rangers will include it for season ticket holders.

This really does need to be clarified by the club right now.

Missed 5 home games on this season's ticket and get a £25 voucher.

Shell out for next season and you don't know how many games you are actually going to see in the ground.

If we have to pay extra for RTV or any other platform to see closed door home games I have had it.

Can the club come out and just say no thank you, we will sell our own digital ST package be easy to negotiate a fee with the other 10 clubs for away games. I'd happily have a blackout for 2 games at the piggery if it fucked their sky sponsorship
I suspect not mate. The bargaining is done by the spfl.

What I *would* love the club to do is to come out and say they are tired of the game in Scotland being run in a non-transparent manner for the benefit of a select group of individuals and their interests, and that they would invite any other clubs across the UK who are feeling disenfranchised To contact them to discuss a way forward that would allow them to play football in a fair and transparent structure.

The statement does not mention how the coverage of the games will work, the article previously suggested that they would be streamed on the clubs websites but do other spl teams even have the set up needed to stream live games? Maybe they will make the games available through the sky website or red button.

Devil is in the detail but I would not be surprised if sky show all our games as part of the deal

The reports have all said it is giving the top club clubs rights to show the games on their own platforms/streamed by the clubs. the games are not going to be on Sky, who will have their 48 games as agreed in their deal mate.

I would think that if distancing has to be enforced, stadium will only be a third full, so it's to allow the people who can't take up their season ticket to still watch the games? Just a guess.

Fucking pathetic all round.

I’ll repeat my comment yet again - either the fucking cabal running the show up here needs to go, or we do. If we continue to bend over and take it then this might well be my last season as a season ticket holder. I’m fucking scunnered. Cheated on the park and unable to lay a glove on them off the park.

Why has this upset you so much?

I suspect not mate. The bargaining is done by the spfl.

What I *would* love the club to do is to come out and say they are tired of the game in Scotland being run in a non-transparent manner for the benefit of a select group of individuals and their interests, and that they would invite any other clubs across the UK who are feeling disenfranchised To contact them to discuss a way forward that would allow them to play football in a fair and transparent structure.
I like that, Could get a bit of groundswell down South with the Championship sides being treated as lepers, no consultation over the restart and the EPL sides pushing for no relegation even when the season is completed.

Surely this cant be legit? They are actually trolling us now. It's like living in the fucking twilight zone.

I’ll make no bones about it, if Rangers TV gives me the games I’ll be subscribing to that. If it doesn’t, I’ll be finding ‘alternative’ means to watch the games that don’t involve Sky.

But ... the majority of Scottish Clubs didn’t want an independent investigation into the corrupt bastards they are happy with the way the Scottish Game is run.
Corrupt to the Core.
Rangers TV will be getting my money.

So there was a liability, its been spread out across the new deal, but that's still money the clubs are losing out on presumably?

This really does need to be clarified by the club right now.

Missed 5 home games on this season's ticket and get a £25 voucher.

Shell out for next season and you don't know how many games you are actually going to see in the ground.

If we have to pay extra for RTV or any other platform to see closed door home games I have had it.
did we not all know of these risks when we bought our ST for this year? i cannot see any club charging double on top of an ST to view it

Why has this upset you so much?
Actually.... that’s a good question.

On the face of it some sort of deal for fans to be able to watch BCD games seems sensible

Maybe the fact that it has the scums fingerprints all over it though, whilst we sit in a corner pissed off with everyone after another failed attempt at bloodying their nose has got something to do with it.

This whole scenario was predicted a month ago on here. We owe Sky money after the rush to call the league, therefore we bend over and give them the rights for next to %^*& all to cover it up.

Just forked our £700 for a season ticket. Alread lay sky the best part of £200 a month for tv, broadband and mobile. And now we might be expected to pay yet more to see our team compete in a league where we know the odds are already stacked against us.

Damned right I’m upset.

That reference to celtic in the statement is outrageous! What is the need for that. They're trolling us now

So there was a liability, its been spread out across the new deal, but that's still money the clubs are losing out on presumably?
You have to think so, unbelievable and I hope we have something to say and do about it

The statement does not mention how the coverage of the games will work, the article previously suggested that they would be streamed on the clubs websites but do other spl teams even have the set up needed to stream live games? Maybe they will make the games available through the sky website or red button.

Devil is in the detail but I would not be surprised if sky show all our games as part of the deal
they won't be on sky. sky will get their 48 games and that is it. sky will be giving the SPFL the go ahead to air the other games elsewhere. their contract atm is exclusive rights for the UK, hence why RTV is only available abroad. sounds like sky will waive this part of the contract to allow clubs to recieve ST money.

If the mhanks don't charge for it, we'll presumably follow suit at least.

That puts other top flight clubs in an awkard position, doesn't it? Let's face it, regardless of what club anyone supports, ST holders forking out extra money to see games they've already paid to attend is a joke.

And given this is supposed to be offering clubs a chance to make up additional revenue they'll lose, it seems inconceivable that none will charge for it.

I wonder if Sky will charge the clubs for the rights to stream all games on club TV channels, therefore get their monies owed back through the fans rather than the clubs directly.
And that reference to the bheasts is a fuckin joke. Get the details of what's going on here out to the fans today Rangers, letting these scum set the agenda as per is not acceptable.

Dont understand the 'im not paying this on top of my season ticket' shouts. Its common sense the club will be giving this to season ticket holders.

I hope we get a half decent commentator in.
people just jumping the gun and getting angry. it's pretty common on FF, posters read one angry post then take that as gospel and join in on that. last week's episode was about the fake letter about extending the transfer window. 6 pages of rage and not one piece of analytical thinking.

I wonder if Sky will charge the clubs for the rights to stream all games on club TV channels, therefore get their monies owed back through the fans rather than the clubs directly.
And that reference to the bheasts is a fuckin joke. Get the details of what's going on here out to the fans today Rangers, letting these scum set the agenda as per is not acceptable.
Sky have paid for 48 games. they will still get those games. they will now allow the other games to be open up to fans via channels so that clubs can charge ST money. if sky don't do this, the clubs they want to show on their 48 games will go but.

why doesn't everyone in this thread that is bursting blood vessels with rage wait a couple days and see what happens? what usually happens is that people jump the gun and make an arse of themselves for no reason.

Sky have paid for 48 games. they will still get those games. they will now allow the other games to be open up to fans via channels so that clubs can charge ST money. if sky don't do this, the clubs they want to show on their 48 games will go but.

But they wouldn't have to pay out the £150m on the agreed deal if the league couldn't fulfil its fixtures and, would again be entitled to recompense on top. I also seriously doubt that outwith the 4 matches between us and them, they'd struggle to replace the audience figures of SPFL matches moving forward.

I don't think Sky would lose a great deal if Scottish football went bust.

Rangers as well as other teams, will be allowed to sell a season ticket for home games.

If you're a season ticket holder for next season, I would imagine Rangers will deduct the cost from the money you've paid for a physical season ticket. What options Rangers put forward for the remainder of your cash will be interesting. Although the idea of using that money for your next season ticket might seem like a good idea, we usually use season ticket revenue for running costs etc, so we'll more than likely already spend it throughout season 20/21.

I'm sure Rangers will confirm what options you have shortly.

Rangers as well as other teams, will be allowed to sell a season ticket for home games.

If you're a season ticket holder for next season, I would imagine Rangers will deduct the cost from the money you've paid for a physical season ticket. What options Rangers put forward for the remainder of your cash will be interesting. Although the idea of using that money for your next season ticket might seem like a good idea, we usually use season ticket revenue for running costs etc, so we'll more than likely already spend it throughout season 20/21.

I'm sure Rangers will confirm what options you have shortly.

going by us getting a 25 quid voucher this season i would imagine the virtual season ticket is all we will be getting for our money for the games we cant attend.

But they wouldn't have to pay out the £150m on the agreed deal if the league couldn't fulfil its fixtures and, would again be entitled to recompense on top. I also seriously doubt that outwith the 4 matches between us and them, they'd struggle to replace the audience figures of SPFL matches moving forward.

I don't think Sky would lose a great deal if Scottish football went bust.
its only games including us and them that they pay the £150m for. we need teams to play against therefore they are accommodating scottish football not dying on its arse whilst still getting exactly what they paid for when they offered the new contract. they obviously think that they make good enough profit on the 150m over however many years. they have lost a lot of business of late, losing the scottish contrct could mean the vast majority of scottish customers are lost.

For those of us already subscribing to Sky sports through Virgin package ,how will this work?
I bet they'll do a channel with multiple games and you'll click the red button to select which game you want to watch. Or, they may just introduce multiple PPV channels! ridiculous way to run anything.

I think Rangers will give it free to those with ST and my gers memberships inc the RTV package. If they give it as blanket gesture to all ST holders I’d be delighted with the club, I don’t think we can justifiably charge twice. Hopefully there will be a strong uptake on the virtual ST option also for those who cannot get a ST for whatever reason and the club gets a turn out of it.

Another crap deal from a man who has a history of crap deals. SPFL now in debt to Sky as Rangers outline. A virtual season ticket should have been the least on offer. Christ fans of all team will have paid for those games already via season tickets. The to them is nothing short of propaganda.

going by us getting a 25 quid voucher this season i would imagine the virtual season ticket is all we will be getting for our money for the games we cant attend.

James Bisgrove already acknowledged a few weeks back that a full season would be dealt with differently.

This specifically states it can be sold to season ticket holders, does that mean no public sale of this virtual ticket?

Given they read it the same time as us, a bit of leeway should be allowed

I know what you’re saying mate but either Robertson new this was coming, in which case we’re complicit in it, or he didn’t know it was coming, which is arguably worse.

Do we know if all the money is getting pulled or if individual clubs will get to keep their own virtual season ticket money?

Cant see Hamilton making much money from it for example, where as demand for our games will be through the roof.

This specifically states it can be sold to season ticket holders, does that mean no public sale of this virtual ticket?

Looking again I still think this might just be a case of the original statement being terribly worded (shock horror).

Limiting the ‘virtual ST’ to only holders of a ‘physical ST’ would be basically turning away free money and would rely on people being willing to buy things twice potentially.

Don’t see why logically they wouldn’t open it for all and even perhaps be available (at increased per game cost) on a game by game basis for non-ST holders.

Back