SPFL/Celtic release statement on sky and virtual tickets.

‘As Celtic go for ten in a row’

Tell all the tims you know
It'll never be 10 in a row
You might have got 8
You didn't get 9
So you'll never get 10 in a row.

WATP

Fucking pathetic all round.

I’ll repeat my comment yet again - either the fucking cabal running the show up here needs to go, or we do. If we continue to bend over and take it then this might well be my last season as a season ticket holder. I’m fucking scunnered. Cheated on the park and unable to lay a glove on them off the park.
Totally agree, it's getting infuriating why the Club haven't spoken out,the while thing is a carve up and quite honestly,if we could join the English league I'd jump at it. Surely the Club must act,they must've seen the tiar quote. The whole lot need chased.

Dont understand the 'im not paying this on top of my season ticket' shouts. Its common sense the club will be giving this to season ticket holders.

I hope we get a half decent commentator in.

Of course it's common sense, but not really indicated anywhere. I hope you're right.

what happens to BT's money for the 2019/20 games that weren't completed then?
That is most likely the usual playing with words. Trying to make it sound as if ALL liabilities have been dealt with and not only sky. Even then, as mentioned by another poster, sky will likely only be satisfied with a sufficient uptake in the scheme.

I can't imagine the club will ask season ticket holders to pay again.

We will need clarity as to who the new money goes to.

If it goes to the club...great. if it goes to the SPFL then they can take a flying feck to themselves.

I'm so sick and bored with the bullshit of Scottish football. Run by cnuts who suck all the joy out of the game and who do the bidding of one rancid club.

The club needs to go to war with the corrupt cabal. They need to take this charade to court and expose them all otherwise what's the point? It's a joke.

Shambles after shambles, when will it end? More to the point when will the majority of people in the game start to do something about it.

RTV will continue to get my money, nothing to Sky and I get BT free with a phone contract already.

I reckon what will happen is the 48 games sky choose will be exclusive to sky and you’ll need a sky sports subscription. This likely covers all our away games plus the old firms at Ibrox and 2 more home games.

The remaining 14 home games will be live on RTV free of charge along with any away games sky don’t pick to season ticket holders

F--k you Doncaster, not a penny of my money will go any wherever near this vertual piece of shite.

As for the reference to the scum, you can get to f--k with that also The season hasn't even start and their are falling over themselves to install them as champions.

Despicable bastards each and everyone of them.

Seems the Sheep are rolling it in to existing STs sold:

“Cormack, who was part of the SFA/SPFL broadcast sub-group looking into the idea of live-streaming games and has previously vowed to give the 6,000 fans who have bought Pittodrie season tickets so far “full value”, said: “AFC welcomes the Sky deal brokered by the SPFL. Given the current circumstances we find ourselves in, it is an excellent deal and we really appreciate Sky’s constructive, partnership approach.

“From the outset our commitment to supporters has been to deliver full value for our season ticket holders. Under this deal, AFC will be able to offer virtual access to season ticket holders for all closed-door home games and will continue to work with our colleagues at fellow Premiership clubs to explore potential arrangements to show away games.”

Given that Cormack was on the broadcasting sub-group doesn’t say much for the wording in the statement.

Laughing at the ‘resume’ bit on the OP

No. Those that didnt hand trophies to teams that hadnt won them are resuming.

The SPFL is not resuming

You could sit and rant about this shower for days on end.

Surely that’s not real. I know the SPFL’s obvious impartiality isn’t at question but surely they didn’t actually write that guff about Celtic in an official document whilst trying to get fans of all clubs to buy some shite virtual season ticket!?

Seems the Sheep are rolling it in to existing STs sold:

“Cormack, who was part of the SFA/SPFL broadcast sub-group looking into the idea of live-streaming games and has previously vowed to give the 6,000 fans who have bought Pittodrie season tickets so far “full value”, said: “AFC welcomes the Sky deal brokered by the SPFL. Given the current circumstances we find ourselves in, it is an excellent deal and we really appreciate Sky’s constructive, partnership approach.

“From the outset our commitment to supporters has been to deliver full value for our season ticket holders. Under this deal, AFC will be able to offer virtual access to season ticket holders for all closed-door home games and will continue to work with our colleagues at fellow Premiership clubs to explore potential arrangements to show away games.”

Given that Cormack was on the broadcasting sub-group doesn’t say much for the wording in the statement.

So was James Bisgrove

Broadcasting and Innovation (Chaired by Neil Doncaster)

NameClub / Organisation
James BisgroveCommercial & Marketing Director, Rangers
Dave CormackChairman, Aberdeen
Ron GordonChairman, Hibernian
David HamiltonScottish Government
Kerry KeenanHead of Marketing and Multimedia, Celtic
Kieran KoszaryExecutive Director, Falkirk
Gregg McEwanHead of Marketing & Commercial Operations, Kilmarnock
Rod McKenzieSPFL Legal Counsel
Chris RawlingsCommercial Director, Scottish FA
Andrew SinclairHead of Partnerships, SPFL
Duncan SmillieDirector, Partick Thistle

Terms of reference:

1. Production
    2. Transmission methods
    3. Broadcast and content opportunities: online streaming (UK and overseas); associated payment platform(s)
    4. Virtual season tickets and other innovations
    5. Radio
    6. Club channels/broadcast partner interaction
    7. Blocked hours

While obviously understandable, I'm gutted that we will start the season playing in an empty Ibrox - this season more than any other we could do with the crowd right behind the team.

How can they sell virtual season tickets for a league when they don't even know how many teams will be in the league. Farcical.

Aberdeen also not charging their St holders.
We will say likewise , and then we will charge the non sts

I don’t get why the announcement would specify that VSTs can be sold to ST holders if actually it’s going to be free and then sold to general public?

I don’t get why the announcement would specify that VSTs can be sold to ST holders if actually it’s going to be free and then sold to general public?

I think you overestimate the writing skills of the idiots running the SPFL. Too busy getting sentences in about tainted titles to proofread the rest.

Looking again I still think this might just be a case of the original statement being terribly worded (shock horror).

Limiting the ‘virtual ST’ to only holders of a ‘physical ST’ would be basically turning away free money and would rely on people being willing to buy things twice potentially.

Don’t see why logically they wouldn’t open it for all and even perhaps be available (at increased per game cost) on a game by game basis for non-ST holders.

I was thinking their logic may be that the game being behind closed doors means only ST holders are being stopped from watching it so only they would need to be accommodated.

I was thinking their logic may be that the game being behind closed doors means only ST holders are being stopped from watching it so only they would need to be accommodated.

Possibly but that completely ignores any single game supporters which for some clubs could be a reasonable amount on any given match day.

Then you have a club like Hamilton who I’m sure said weren’t selling STs at all this year? Just seems odd.

I think you overestimate the writing skills of the idiots running the SPFL. Too busy getting sentences in about tainted titles to proofread the rest.

A bit too specific a statement for me to just be miswritten by so many outlets now to be honest.

Just hope this is a short term measure and we can get back ASAP.
The idea of paying £500 odds for RTV for the season isn’t very appealing but obviously we are at the mercy of an unknown entity in covid-19. As long as the club follow suit and give ST it for free then it’s needs must at this time

5-CF695-A2-356-B-4-DC8-8987-B419-E62-C3044.jpg

8-EEAEF47-7-AAA-41-B5-A158-C9-A7-FCD8-C3-FA.jpg

So Rangers were correct all along there were liabilities and that 10 iar part straight from his boss

They forgot to sign it off with “Hail Hail” at the bottom. :rolleyes:

I can’t see how this will work punters won’t buy individual tickets , you just need to have one between a number of mates/relations and all can watch it example myself my son my brother and my 2 nephews we only need one ticket between us to watch matches on tv

As said all ST holders should get the games at Ibrox for free, otherwise this is taking the piss.
Not too worried about the away games as I will get a dodgy stream from somewhere, I'm not giving my money to any other club if possible.

While obviously understandable, I'm gutted that we will start the season playing in an empty Ibrox - this season more than any other we could do with the crowd right behind the team.
Maybe it will help some of our ballless wonders since they won't feel the "pressure"and will be more like a training game.

As said all ST holders should get the games at Ibrox for free, otherwise this is taking the piss.
Not too worried about the away games as I will get a dodgy stream from somewhere, I'm not giving my money to any other club if possible.
Give them nothing mate. Not a brown penny.

I have sky at home but I deleted the sports channels. Unless it’s free they can phuck the phuck off.
same. %^*& sky. have papped every channel down to the bare minimum package until i'm eligible to cancel my contract next month. absolute load of shite, never watch it. garbage.

Did you miss the poison coming from the stands after the new year???

It might suit some of these players.

Sky opening a big can of worms for themselves here legally. If they themselves are getting refunds/special deals because games weren't played then they will almost certainly be getting requests for refunds from millions of customers who didn't get the promised product they signed up for.

Interesting times ahead methinks ...

Fucking pathetic all round.

I’ll repeat my comment yet again - either the fucking cabal running the show up here needs to go, or we do. If we continue to bend over and take it then this might well be my last season as a season ticket holder. I’m fucking scunnered. Cheated on the park and unable to lay a glove on them off the park.
I've just had my last one. The next step is that Rangers fans will be asked to take a knee to Celtic fans and apologise for calling them paedo 19th Century Terrorist bassas :oops: We are officially under the mentally challenged jackboot.

Sky opening a big can of worms for themselves here legally. If they themselves are getting refunds/special deals because games weren't played then they will almost certainly be getting requests for refunds from millions of customers who didn't get the promised product they signed up for.

Which is why they had payment pause but still give access to the channels

probably covered by the pause in sports payments

F*** the SPL F*** Sky F***Doncaster F*** the tims F***Scottish football F*** TLB F*** Rob Webster F*** Virtual football...
*not in any particular order

Back