SPFL/Celtic release statement on sky and virtual tickets.

So people pay completely different prices for season tickets to get home matches free? What do they actually get for their season ticket money? Are non season ticket holders allowed to purchase this.? If so then why buy a season ticket? What happens to RTV.? .What finance does the club get other than forcing people to buy season tickets ? What if you bought multiple ones in a family.? Are you now paying multiple season tickets for one virtual one? Why should someone in a prime seat pay the same for someone in a cheaper one for the same thing?

What a complete mess.

Because if the club didn't take in any season ticket money they would go bust or not be able to make any signings.

People are signing up on the understanding that there is a pandemic which means they might not be able to go to games for a while. Watching the games on RTV until we are allowed back in the stadium is the best you are going to get out of it.

If you don't think that is worth it then don't buy a season ticket.

Through the platforms we already pay for not spfl Tv ad see others have commented on the impartial statement. I haven’t read yet as am using my phone just now

There is no SPFL TV mate. Any platforms you already pay for are unaffected. This is about season ticket holders being allowed to see the home games on RTV.

So people pay completely different prices for season tickets to get home matches free? What do they actually get for their season ticket money? Are non season ticket holders allowed to purchase this.? If so then why buy a season ticket? What happens to RTV.? .What finance does the club get other than forcing people to buy season tickets ? What if you bought multiple ones in a family.? Are you now paying multiple season tickets for one virtual one? Why should someone in a prime seat pay the same for someone in a cheaper one for the same thing?

What a complete mess.
Do you have a suggestion or just a moan?

What does that mean? Only those who renew can watch the matches? What about people who buy ST's after the renewal period?

It means that if we sold 49,000 season tickets last season we can't sell any more than 49,000 of these "season passes" this season.

I imagine the rest will be able to pay on a game by game basis.

Do you have a suggestion or just a moan?
No other consumer would put up with this rubbish. It’s taking the piss out of loyalty.
Because if the club didn't take in any season ticket money they would go bust or not be able to make any signings.

People are signing up on the understanding that there is a pandemic which means they might not be able to go to games for a while. Watching the games on RTV until we are allowed back in the stadium is the best you are going to get out of it.

If you don't think that is worth it then don't buy a season ticket.
i won’t be. I can’t afford it but I would have been able to pay for a reasonably priced subscription. That’s now a non starter.

I've paused my sky sports subscription. It will remain paused until the golf majors start in the autumn. Media (if it were unbiased) should be asking the terms of the liabilities lost finishing the season early and quantify the loss of 5 years of sponsorship revenue which has been glossed over in that statement. The reference to a historic 10 titles in a row should leave us in no doubt Sky sport's agenda for next season. Hopefully RTV is available next season as I would rather pay money directly to the club than fund Crocker, Walker and all the other mentally challenged lickspittles.

No other consumer would put up with this rubbish. It’s taking the piss out of loyalty.

i won’t be. I can’t afford it but I would have been able to pay for a reasonably priced subscription. That’s now a non starter.

Who is taking the piss out of loyalty?

If you aren't getting a season ticket why don't you just pay game by game if you want to watch them?

Apparently the number of virtual season tickets are capped at the number of season tickets sold the previous season. Utterly ridiculous and will mean thousands of fans miss out.

Apparently the number of virtual season tickets are capped at the number of season tickets sold the previous season. Utterly ridiculous and will mean thousands of fans miss out.

Surely there'll be an option to buy game by game though?

is Rangers giving this to our own season tickets fucking these bastards from getting any money off Rangers supporters

Now is the time to go to court, about the corrupt spl that will throw everything up in the air. Sky will shit themselfs

Whatever the SPFL say will be lies. They can't help themselves. Still got BT to pay off, but not mentioned. If no one goes to court on this shower, we may as well chuck it.

So after forking out £500 to renew my ST,I need to buy a package for the streams at home?Sorry but they are getting f uck all more from me. An absolute pisstake.

why doesn't everyone in this thread that is bursting blood vessels with rage wait a couple days and see what happens? what usually happens is that people jump the gun and make an arse of themselves for no reason.
It’s the fact that these 19th Century Terrorist bastards have been mentioned in that so called statement that tips me over the edge.
What is their reasoning for mentioning them in the first place.
For that reason alone sky can gtf

SPFL/Celtic deal....devil is in the detail, suspect Sky will take a cut of pay per view as part of their recompense for season 19/20 curtailment.

Rangers don't own the rights to broadcast it themselves and if that is the only way then fine

BTW James Bisgrove is part of the broadcast working group on this

What a complete mess.

No offence meant here mate, what exactly do you expect to happen?

There is no SPFL TV mate. Any platforms you already pay for are unaffected. This is about season ticket holders being allowed to see the home games on RTV.
just the way the replies sound that the spfl wanted us to sign up to something. happy with RTV for season ticket holders :)

Have i got this right, clubs will get less tv money for this new deal to cover the money the spfl owes back to sky?

Fans of other clubs will have to buy a season ticket and a virtual one to see there teams home games? So there paying out more money.

Doncaster lied several times when he claimed tbe spfl did not owe tv companies money back?

Still no mention of the money owed to bt sports?

We pointed this all out in our dossier to the other clubs and they laughed at us?

Why mention 10 IAR at all in a statement about a TV deal?
I wont be buying an extra package from anyone when I've paid for my season ticket. I just hope there's more than one camera in the ground or it'll be like watching Sportscene in the 70s.
To rub our noses in it about the tainted 8.75
They can shove themselves so far up their own jacksies they turn inside out.

Reckon that’s going to have to come in a legal battle, not something we can resolve in an instant unfortunately
It's been two months mate and now they're trolling us. Club has failed and let down the fans who have to take it.

Are you on the wrong thread then?
No im on the one where the SPFL look forward to 10 iar. And with the club looking like being too cowardly to do anything about it that's what will happen.

It's been two months mate and now they're trolling us. Club has failed and let down the fans who have to take it.
It’s not been 2 months. It’s not yet even been a month since the decision was taken to end the season.
We have no idea what the club are or aren’t doing in the background, unfortunately it’s a wait and see

It’s not been 2 months. It’s not yet even been a month since the decision was taken to end the season.
We have no idea what the club are or aren’t doing in the background, unfortunately it’s a wait and see
I'm talking about the Dundee vote mate. The criminal, illegal, corrupt vote that allowed the resolution to pass. Should of went to court and got an injunction against it then. Once again owned off the pitch and cheated on it and %^*& all done about it. Sick of it.

Surely there'll be an option to buy game by game though?

I could see an argument for game by game for home games against the dross like hamilton etc, but there is no way Sky would allow us to have unlimited virtual tickets direct to the club for games v the mentally challengeds or additional home games they show towards the end of the season.

However, If we then have the opportunity to get say, 100,000 virtual tickets to a home game, the diddy clubs that are on Sky when we come to town will kick off that they dont get the chance to punt virtual tickets to all in our support.

Whatever way you look at it, there will be a limit to virtual tickets and it will likely be the capacity of the ground (assuming it goes to a game by game basis)

Not went through the full thread but I have already re-newed my season ticket and joined MyGers. I would be very unhappy if I had to pay for a virtual season ticket in order to stream matches.

Not went through the full thread but I have already re-newed my season ticket and joined MyGers. I would be very unhappy if I had to pay for a virtual season ticket in order to stream matches.

Your season ticket renewal will be the virtual season ticket.

5-CF695-A2-356-B-4-DC8-8987-B419-E62-C3044.jpg

8-EEAEF47-7-AAA-41-B5-A158-C9-A7-FCD8-C3-FA.jpg

So Rangers were correct all along there were liabilities and that 10 iar part straight from his boss
Any Rangers fan paying for Sky is funding Celtics league challenge. It's that simple. You are a tim if you fund this. Be honest with yourself.

Any Rangers fan paying for Sky is funding Celtics league challenge. It's that simple. You are a tim if you fund this. Be honest with yourself.
There will be many a bear, rightly or wrongly, buying a Sky sub for the single fact they want to watch their team. There are plenty among us that don't get involved in the politics and shenanigans, it's a bit of a stretch to say they're a mentally challenged

5-CF695-A2-356-B-4-DC8-8987-B419-E62-C3044.jpg

8-EEAEF47-7-AAA-41-B5-A158-C9-A7-FCD8-C3-FA.jpg

So Rangers were correct all along there were liabilities and that 10 iar part straight from his boss
So it has come to this, I really thought that this document was a clever 'wind up'. However, upon closer examination, I discovered that this was genuine, kosher and authentic.
My first reaction was one of genuine anger and then upon reflection a stoic acceptance of how things are now in Scotland. I feel ashamed that I as an older Rangers supporter meekly accept this shite. There was a time not so long ago when I would have outed my rage and demanded action. Maybe it is I am too old to bother and maybe it is just that in these terrible times, football as a sport has lost much of its significance.
The sad thing is that the poets have won as much as it pains me to say it. You can imagine them chuckling with laughter when they put that shite together. Everything is now based upon them winning the league and hence 10 in a row. They are utterly obsessed by that single thing, they are also deliberately building this up to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I don't give a f&ck if I am honest, but despite what may happen, I will NEVER lay down to the mentally challengeds. Let them have their cheapened trophies and pikey life style, after all, we are come-what-may the people.

That is contradictory. It can't make the club extra revenue if they do the right thing. They're only offering to ST holders according to what's been released. If they give us it for free - which they should - they make nothing extra.

I'd hazard a guess that RTV will see a significant surge in paid subscribers next year. Driven by international bears and also non-ST holding bears who could be in NI and England that want to have a quick trip abroad.

With this in mind along with the 50k ST holders viewing, RTV are investing in their infrastructure to ensure it can handle such a surge in numbers.

And Tom Commentator invests in some refreshed banter.

There will be many a bear, rightly or wrongly, buying a Sky sub for the single fact they want to watch their team. There are plenty among us that don't get involved in the politics and shenanigans, it's a bit of a stretch to say they're a mentally challenged
It's not politics and it's not the same old debate, it's entirely new. This SKY carve up is designed in detail to support the awarding of the title this year and next to Celtic. If you still buy Sky now...you are supporting Celtic winning.

It's not politics and it's not the same old debate, it's entirely new. This SKY carve up is designed in detail to support the awarding of the title this year and next to Celtic. If you still buy Sky now...you are supporting Celtic winning.
I'll repeat the same answer

Will the diddy clubs want a share of virtual games at Ibrox and the Paedodome? Our games will be shown live at their grounds on sky. So what they will be selling is a virtual season ticket for games like Livingston Hamilton. I’m sure they’ll recoup the infrastructure costs of that no bother!
so how will the diddy clubs make out of this with only small season ticket numbers and no rangers fans to finance their season

Back