SPFL chief Doncaster could’ve crowned Celtic champions and safely ignored Rangers & Hearts legal threats writes Provan

“ Legal threats from Rangers and Hearts could safely have been ignored.”

And there’s your standard mentality of the Scottish football pundit. The nearest challenger to the title could just be ‘ignored’.

Why even have a competition in the first place?

Who’s to say Septic wouldn’t have had a disastrous spell to match ours after the winter break.

Makes me sick.

He must think it's the same idea as being fined for parking too long at a supermarket!

Provan really is a detestable little c unt. Ridiculing and insulting people like his comments actually carry any weight. Also making sweeping references as to what the SPFL can and cant do. A first rate clown of a man.
The tragic part of all this is this waste of space is getting a salary out of this tripe

One thing I am utterly sure of is that Davie Provan knows the square root of %^*& all about what is going on.

”Instead, Doncaster has become a hostage of Uefa’s big five leagues who need to complete their fixtures.”
So, peace process thinks We don’t need to complete anything, we just give them the title. What’s the point in any competition then? Scottish cup next? They got it last year so just give them that too?

well there was little point in playing the league cup final. The officials deciding that Offside doesn’t apply for three players and goalkeepers can advance off the line before a penalty is struck.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster has a simple relationship with Uefa.

When the men in Nyon say, “Jump!”, Doncaster asks, “How high?”.

The latest edict from Uefa’s Aleksander Ceferin has left him twisting in the wind.

Ceferin is threatening to withdraw next season’s European places from associations who call their leagues on current positions.

You can bet that was Doncaster’s intention. Even more when Belgium set the precedent by declaring Club Bruges as Pro League champions.

With the null and void route never an option, crowning Celtic would have brought him some grief, but nothing he couldn’t have handled.

Legal threats from Rangers and Hearts could safely have been ignored.

Prize money would have been dished out, clubs could have started shifting season books and corporate boxes for next season and the start date for the next television contract would have been unaffected.

Instead, Doncaster has become a hostage of Uefa’s big five leagues who need to complete their fixtures.

Trust me, if England’s Premier League has to play remaining games on the moon, they’ll get it done. There are 760 million reasons for that.

That scenario will leave most Scottish clubs on life support until the game re-emerges.

The government’s job retention scheme is their only hope of getting through this. Heaven help the lower leagues.

Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy wants our Premiership clubs to follow Germany’s lead, where Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are among the Bundesliga elite weighing in to help troubled rivals.

Good luck with that, mate. Right now it’s every man for himself as coronavirus tightens its grip.

When that scary Chief Medical Officer revealed we’d be in lockdown for at least 13 weeks, club accountants would have been jumping out of windows.

Stenny shouldn’t count on a thin dime from the Premiership. Currently twisting the arms of players to accept wage cuts, top-flight clubs won’t be giving their lower division cousins a second glance. Their only priority is avoiding administration.

The idea we’re still going to have 42 clubs by the time the virus puts its jacket on is fanciful. Scottish football is going to look very different.

And right now the survival of our full-time clubs should be front, centre and back of the agenda. They are the ones who bring in the TV money, the crowds and sponsors.

While we’re at it, is this the right time for the Scottish PFA to be playing hardball?

Yeah, I know some clubs see this as an opportunity to welch on contracts and get dud players off the books. But how are clubs meant to meet the wage bill if this shutdown gets lengthy?

Aptly-named Elgin chairman Graham Tatters says his club will go bust in a few months without wage cuts. But despite getting the agreement of the dressing room, they’re still waiting on the PFA’s approval. Potty.

Down south, the players’ union is taking a good kicking for advising Premier League players to resist pay cuts. We even had St Gary of Lineker demanding players get their hands in their pockets.

Predictably, politicians have formed a queue to slaughter the EPL’s big earners. Chief among them was nonentity chairman of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport committee, Julian Knight.

Grandstanding in Westminster, Knight rounded on the huge salaries saying: “It sticks in the throat. This exposes the crazy economics in English football and the moral vacuum at its centre.”

Couldn’t agree more, but it turns out Knight once authored a guide on how to avoid paying income tax. You couldn’t make it up.

Presumably, Knight is blaming high rollers like Harry Kane. The argument goes that if Kane and team-mates agreed to wage cuts, it would keep Tottenham’s cooks, cleaners and groundsmen in a job during the shutdown.

I get the moral argument, but why should players stump up for clubs who have millions in the bank? Why should they part with the folding stuff when the company’s shareholders are contributing the middle of a doughnut?

It’s reckoned Kane’s contract sees him pay the thick end of £4million a year in tax. Without that kind of contribution the government could not afford a jobs retention scheme.

In contrast Spurs owner Joe Lewis is a billionaire tax exile.

Remember, this is a club who found £800m for a new stadium while announcing profits of £113m two years ago.

Why are they getting taxpayers’ cash to pay wages they can well afford?

At a time a place in the EPL is worth a minimum £100m, why is this league getting a taxpayer subsidy when clubs in the lower divisions are lying with their throats cut?

Bet you don't pay a penny to get into any games or buy a pie at half time ya wee jumped up piece of shite Fcuk right off

Against my better judgement I decided to read it. Complete horsesh*t from top to bottom. As expected!

I thought he might have reduced his alcohol consumption after Archer passed away.

Seems I was wrong. Prick.

He really wants to be this generations Gerry Mcnee

Problem is the mainstream media is done and no one will take him seriously the amount of sh1te he slavers week in week out.

Legal advice from Davie Provan. About as useful as financial advice from Chris Sutton or childcare tips from CFC. Sadly predictable, borderline illiterate garbage from one of the usual suspects.

Am I missing something? Are Club Bruges not uncatchable the way that the Belgian league system is set up?

No they have a playoff system where after regulation 30 games all the points are halved and the top 6 play each other home and away for the title and 2 champions league places. They still had 11 games to go in their season

Provan is best Ignored and articles like that will continually appear given its hollicoms choice of paper.

their agenda is so transparent,and we all know their narrative would be the complete opposite if we were in front.

As much as it would be poetic justice if the season was null and voided thus scuppering that mob’s tainted run I am inclined to say go ahead SPFL and give that shameless shower of shit the thing and bang the final nail in the coffin of this corrupt farcical set up.

If this happens it really should be the end of line for us remaining in Scottish football and I honestly wouldn’t be sad to leave this bullshit behind for pastures new...it seemed so unlikely an option previously but this current crisis could mean big changes lie ahead in the game but at the end of this if we are going to continue our participation in the SPFL Rangers FC must not accept Celtic being given a title they haven’t mathematically secured. THAT is not on and I’d have to say that would be me finished with Scottish football full stop.

Theyre all coming out in their droves desperate to make themselves relevant. Everyone of these aresholes are best ignored.

So Celtc get the title because they say so and the SPFL will just have to deal with it and any legal challenge brought by Rangers and or Hearts in a court of law is simply to be ignored?

Jump the dyke Provan has summed up his rancid pay masters perfectly. They arrogant beyond belief and think they can do what the hell they want in Scottish football and the courts!!!

So Celtc get the title because they say so and the SPFL will just have to deal with it and any legal challenge brought by Rangers and or Hearts in a court of law is simply to be ignored?

Jump the dyke Provan has summed up his rancid pay masters perfectly. They arrogant beyond belief and think they can do what the hell they want in Scottish football and the courts!!!
Was typing noticed this and it saved me the bother .

We need have no worries about any intended action by the SPFL.
The President of thre SFA Mr Rod Petrie will not tolerate any shennanigans by them.
He has previously said. "This re-affirms the view of the board that the sporting integrity of the SPL is of paramount importance."
He can simply withdraw any club's footballing licence, if they fail to comply with "sporting integrity."
It will be interesting to see how Mr Petrie handles the dilemna he is likely to be faced with very soon.

Back