SPFL-Doncaster- Lawwell, has it all gone away ?

defender

Nothing on the first page and presumably nothing in the rhags so is their usual tactic of waiting for everyone to forget and move on working ? The nearer we get to August 1st the more chance everything gets buried and forgotten. Is the 'arbitration' scheduled for this week ?

Anyone know if the spfl furloughed staff have returned to work , I’m guessing there’s loads to do re hearings and the new season

I can see chaos ahead as the start of the season is postponed.

I'm hoping it's delayed. I don't want to start another season with the people in charge of our game remaining in place.

Yes, it'll be a pain in the arse as we all want to see the team again and yes, it might cost us some money too but I'm fucked if I want to have to play in these people's bent league.

I may well be in the minority here. However, our boards words " The Status Quo will not remain"... filled me with hope back then......now, the days pass with no action to back the same words up....Hence, I have to wonder if that statement was designed to light a fire under the forthcoming Season Ticket sales.

I may well be in the minority here. However, our boards words " The Status Quo will not remain"... filled me with hope back then......now, the days pass with no action to back the same words up....Hence, I have to wonder if that statement was designed to light a fire under the forthcoming Season Ticket sales.
Alternatively I'd hope the club are waiting and will strike if and when the time is right.

The club don't need to play any sort of mind games with the fans to sell season tickets. So I'm not sure why this would even come into your thinking.

I expect nothing to change, nothing to happen and for everything just to go on and be forgotten.

To expect anything else in this rancid backwater is mental.
Sadly, it is likely that you are spot on. It would require a large number of clubs to bring about a change and most of them seem happy to sit on the fence.

There has always been a fierce competitive spirit in Scottish football, and a healthy amount of dislike between some teams, but tempered with respect and humour.

Right now, that does not exist. Even some of the diddy clubs, who are not involved with either of the Old Firm, are at each other's throats.

I would venture to suggest that the climate within Scottish football has never been worse than it is right now. Does anyone disagree with that?

The blame for that lies fairly and squarely with the SPFL regime, and their puppet masters. I really despair that the custodians of many (but not all) provincial clubs are gleefully blind to all this.

If Scottish football is to survive, the current corrupt regime must be binned.

We are not dealing with Charles Green and co anymore. Those days are long gone. Our present board are there to protect our club and will act accordingly to any shenanigans it is faced with. When John Bennett said, "This episode is far from over." I could feel a strong sense of leadership and collectiveness in righting the wrongs our Club and Scottish Football has suffered in recent years. Dave King knows the score and is still very much at the forefront too IMHO. We are always going to sell out season tickets btw.

We must get rid of all the shit at the top of the SFA/SPL as it is us the ST holders ,the ticket purchasers,the pay at the gate punters and all the sundry things that we buy that keep these greedy b******s in a job and now we are to believe that an unknown trio of arbitrators are going to give an impartial view on things.
All I can say is BLOODY HELL what hope?????>

We don't need to take action. Hearts and plastic are doing it for us. Saves us money and grief from our haters.

The “independent“ panel will be vetted by Lawwell and they will already have had an inspirational talking to. They’ll be fully aware of the impact and the implications of voting in favour of hearts and thistle. Unless they are treated like fbi witnesses I’m afraid the panel members will be nobbled.

it’s only a matter of time for hearts and thistle. Right and justice don’t matter where Celtic are concerned.

I don't think people have been paying attention, the entire system is corrupt, it is not just football, as long as we have a political party in power who rely so heavily on one section of the electorate for their votes, then this will continue, their sheer incompotence should have seen them removed after one term, the fact they and their like at the SFA, Spfl are still in place is ridiculous, so long as we have rangers fans and people with rangers leanings voting for these incompetents then nothing will change.

The “independent“ panel will be vetted by Lawwell and they will already have had an inspirational talking to. They’ll be fully aware of the impact and the implications of voting in favour of hearts and thistle. Unless they are treated like fbi witnesses I’m afraid the panel members will be nobbled.

it’s only a matter of time for hearts and thistle. Right and justice don’t matter where Celtic are concerned.
I fear you may be correct.

Can't see Hearts and Thistle winning at arbitration. I have a feeling this will end up in court but who knows the fact it appears to be fully independent might give them a chance.

As far as we are concerned I don't expect much to happen now. We have been pretty non committal through the entire thing. A few statements here and there with some hollow quotes is not going to cut it. You cannot be coming out with phrases like 'we can assure supporters we will not be found wanting' regarding the situation then actually do nothing at all while our main rivals are being handed the league title.

The less said about the 200+ page report and the doomed vote to have an independent investigation the better. What we were trying to achieve with this nobody is sure. Everybody and their dog knew this was never getting passed so not sure what the point in this was or what we gained by doing it.

Then after our defeated resolution we get the 'status quo cannot hold ' statement before doing absolutely nothing for a couple of months.

I'm pretty certain we as a club will just sit back and see how this plays out now. The time for us to do something has been and gone.

It’s a problem for the SPFL. Sure, the “independent” arbitration will be fudged and will find against the 2 clubs. But what then, if Hearts and Thistle take it back to court? You’d think it would mean a delay to the start of the season.

Most likely the SPFL would give them a “goodwill” payment to avoid court and shut them up permanently. Paid for by the other clubs of course.

Then we batter on as before.

Can't see Hearts and Thistle winning at arbitration. I have a feeling this will end up in court but who knows the fact it appears to be fully independent might give them a chance.

As far as we are concerned I don't expect much to happen now. We have been pretty non committal through the entire thing. A few statements here and there with some hollow quotes is not going to cut it. You cannot be coming out with phrases like 'we can assure supporters we will not be found wanting' regarding the situation then actually do nothing at all while our main rivals are being handed the league title.

The less said about the 200+ page report and the doomed vote to have an independent investigation the better. What we were trying to achieve with this nobody is sure. Everybody and their dog knew this was never getting passed so not sure what the point in this was or what we gained by doing it.

Then after our defeated resolution we get the 'status quo cannot hold ' statement before doing absolutely nothing for a couple of months.

I'm pretty certain we as a club will just sit back and see how this plays out now. The time for us to do something has been and gone.
If all ends true what you have said mate and we have accepted it all and moved on then this board is not fit for purpose to run our Club.

I don’t think arbitration can reinstate Hearts and Thistle into SPL and Championship, it’ll be to view if the process was carried out correctly. If not correctly it then opens up the possibility of the damages the clubs are looking for. If the SPFL can’t afford this payment, then problems really begin to arise. Should they reduced prize money to other teams to offset any award to Hearts / Partick, we could see other teams go under.

if it goes back to court, it may be similar to the above. Fundamentally I don’t think it stops the season going ahead.

It’s a problem for the SPFL. Sure, the “independent” arbitration will be fudged and will find against the 2 clubs. But what then, if Hearts and Thistle take it back to court? You’d think it would mean a delay to the start of the season.

Most likely the SPFL would give them a “goodwill” payment to avoid court and shut them up permanently. Paid for by the other clubs of course.

You do know that hearts and thistle will have someone of their choice as will the spfl - and both must agree on the 3rd choice - Lowell doesn’t have the final day on this unless he knobbled hearts and thistle with a brown envelope

I'm ok if it delays the season from starting a little longer.
As it stands we have the same team as last season and haven't addressed our shortcomings.
Any delay surely helps us...
I don't want to be starting the season with a side we could have picked last season.

I would hope that before any payment is made, as it will be coming from the clubs the clubs will get a vote as to whether the payment is made or not. I would expect the clubs would vote against such a payment.

Our moment comes if and when Hearts and Thistle successfully overturn their unfair relegation. We need to go after the corrupt title at that point along with the free hit it’s giving them at the CL pot.

If we don’t then we’ll just see more cheating and corruption next season.

The spfl have won a watch in this havent they really. I think the key thing is that the evidence and the findings are ultimately to remain secret, or am I wrong?

if so this is a disgrace in itself. They bullied member organisations and presented options to the members in a way that guaranteed they would win the vote, relegate Hearts and Thistle and allow Celtic to be handed a title.

that’s the issue, the maladministration and bias of the organisation that conspired to unfairly treat the two clubs is unethical, immoral and corrupt.

we may never get to see the facts presented that at 16:48 the Dundee vote was received and before calling the result of the vote Doncaster called Lawwell who intervened and called Nelms. Their vote was changed and we ended up with Hearts and Thistle seriously damaged. This needs exposed and they need held to account for their chicanery.

I will be amazed if Hearts and Thistle don’t win their case and with that brings down the 3 mentally challenged corrupt stooges, pressure needs applied once the case is confirmed to oust them out.
Even if Hearts and Thistle win Peter will keep his chums in place even if it takes a vote of no confidence that he knows all the small clubs seem to back them. You couldn't mark their necks with a blowtorch so no way will they walk away.

Our moment comes if and when Hearts and Thistle successfully overturn their unfair relegation. We need to go after the corrupt title at that point along with the free hit it’s giving them at the CL pot.

If we don’t then we’ll just see more cheating and corruption next season.
The cheating and corruption will simply get worse mate as the scum are going for their imaginary ten in a row.

Even if Hearts and Thistle win Peter will keep his chums in place even if it takes a vote of no confidence that he knows all the small clubs seem to back them. You couldn't mark their necks with a blowtorch so no way will they walk away.
The small clubs back them mate as they think it is the only way for them to get their. Money.

Too many people don’t understand how this works. The Judge was very clear.

You do know that hearts and thistle will have someone of their choice as will the spfl - and both must agree on the 3rd choice - Lowell doesn’t have the final day on this unless he knobbled hearts and thistle with a brown envelope
Interesting. But do Hearts and SPFL have full control over who they choose, or do they choose from a pre-selected short list? And if so, who selects the short list?

Back