SPFL Emergency Powers Resolution set to fail

Time for Rangers to make a very clear statement that we have no confidence in the SPFL board and demand change and resignations now.

Call them out again and demand heads, citing the series of lies and misrepresentation of the member clubs that started with the letter to UEFA dated April 4th, claiming that the vast majority of clubs wanted to end the season with immediate effect, followed by the rigged vote a week later, founded on further lies.

We said that the status quo could not remain. Don't let it remain Rangers, we need to go for the jugular now. Even if they survive, they will be exposed and every decision made can be challenged from here on in. Get into this shower of corrupt filth. Don't let your support down.

Ah yes... another statement. That’ll solve everything. Because we’ve backed up our prior statements with action, the SPFL will know to fear us if we make another!

Ah yes... another statement. That’ll solve everything. Because we’ve backed up our prior statements with action, the SPFL will know to fear us if we make another!

Registering a vote of no confidence in the SPFL board and calling for resignations is more than a statement. I think this time around we may well get the votes and either way, it's a declaration of war.

Everything and I mean everything is being accommodated for them to get to ten,Lawell wants to leave nothing to chance

Would be funny this if it wasn’t so fcuking tragic.

That lot couldn’t find their own arse wi two hands. The idea of giving them any more power makes my sphincter twitch.

“It’s up to the clubs Peter to decide what they want he wants and right now we still think it’ll be touch and go when it goes to the vote.”

Surely at least a few of them have realised that with Leagues being played to a conclusion all over Europe there is no reason at all it couldn't have been done in Scotland
So why would you trust the body that got it so wrong last time to get it right the next?
It's not as if they have a track record of learning from mistakes

So basically as soon as Celtic are ahead in the league then Doncaster can gift them another title? Is that it?

seems to me that Lawwell was scared of playing out last season, was scared of playing us with no fans behind them and now wants to put in a safety net to award another league title without having to illegally influence another vote.

Every club knows that Doncaster is causing more problems than he is solving, here’s hoping that the bullies don’t win the day again and some of them see this power grab by Celtic is just a step too far.

Once the decision is made on the hearts case the club really need to be aggressively going after doncaster, he should not be allowed to survive this

For 'Peter Liewell Perception Problem' they mean 'Peter Liewell Reality Problem'.

Reading between the lines there some clubs at least now have him sussed.

It's turning out to be not one of the cabal's better days.
'Peter Liewell Perception Problem' you would literally piss your pants laughing if it wasn't so serious

Nonsense article, as everyone knows that Lawwell doesn't need to be on the board to run the SPFL. Doncaster does whatever his puppet master dictates.

Keef articles summarised now.

Poor Peter, only wanting to do what's best for Scottish football. How could this wonderful living Saint be perceived otherwise.

So if we re top of the league we will get told no use are not getting the title and if they were top there use go Thers another trophy to add to the tainted ten!!

Looks like some of them have finally woken up to what has been going on.

I think they have genuinely pushed their luck too far this time. For the first time in a long time there is a vulnerability and distrust to be exploited.

What we can't do is fail to capitilise on that and let them build back up the status quo. Don't give them an opportunity to bribe and threaten their way back to comfortable control. I agree with Rangers silence at the minute, but as soon as the arbitration is over we need to go for the jugular.

I think they have genuinely pushed their luck too far this time. For the first time in a long time there is a vulnerability and distrust to be exploited.

What we can't do is fail to capitilise on that and let them build back up the status quo. Don't give them an opportunity to bribe and threaten their way back to comfortable control. I agree with Rangers silence at the minute, but as soon as the arbitration is over we need to go for the jugular.
Agreed. Also worth remembering there is no money at stake this time so they don't have that as leverage.

Agreed. Also worth remembering there is no money at stake this time so they don't have that as leverage.
This for me is the key thing.

Most clubs couldn’t give a toss about Celtic, or us. They also didn’t care about the SPFL dodgy dealings, they just wanted their cash, nothing else.

Now they do t have that to use as a threat. I’d be genuinely stunned if this even came close to passing.

This for me is the key thing.

Most clubs couldn’t give a toss about Celtic, or us. They also didn’t care about the SPFL dodgy dealings, they just wanted their cash, nothing else.

Now they do t have that to use as a threat. I’d be genuinely stunned if this even came close to passing.
Aye, they won't be able to rattle off that 81% or whatever the figure was agreed to it.

For "agreed to" read blackmailed with robust conversation and withdrawal of cash.

You’re absolutely spot on and thankfully, it doesn’t sound like this is going to fly this time.

mad others have said, I’m hoping we’re waiting our time for the outcome of the hearts saga to really put pressure on this absolutely shambolic regime.

Why would any club looking on at Hearts and Partick Thistle being relegated prematurely and clearly unfairly vote for this insane proposal. It's not bad enough they've stitched up this season's campaign they are now looking for the opportunity to do likewise for next season. The levels of outright corruption at play here is staggering.

SPFL facing crisis rerun as Peter Lawwell perception problem sees clubs line up against new power proposals
Emergency plans to deal with a second wave of Covid-19 look set to fail.

Scottish football is facing up to the nightmare scenario of a coronavirus crisis re-run next season as clubs look set to vote down emergency plans to cope with a second wave of the pandemic.

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster has proposed changing the rule book to give the board special executive powers tin the event that another nationwide Covid-19 outbreak forces the game in this country back into lockdown.

If passed, the resolution would empower Doncaster and the rest of the board to decide if and when the new campaign would have to be brought to an end - and avoid the voting farce which triggered the ongoing civil war which has ripped through the game ever since the notorious Good Friday disagreement.

But Record Sport understands the numbers are stacking up against the proposal - with a number of top flight clubs already voicing strong opposition during a recent meeting of all 12 Premiership clubs.

The league’s top brass are desperate not to expose the entire game to another toxic row if disaster does strike and the virus surges out of control at some point during the season.

But with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell set to replace Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson on Doncaster’s revamped board later this month - as his club attempts to secure a historic tenth successive league crown - there are obvious concerns over perception.

All of Scotland’s 42 senior clubs have been set a deadline of midnight on Monday July 20 to respond to the resolution with 75 per cent support required in all four leagues.

But one top flight chief executive told us: “It’s pretty clear from the discussions we’ve had between Premiership clubs that this plan is not going to have enough support to be passed.

“While no-one wants to go through all of this pain again - and clubs realise it would be easier to hand over the power to the board - it seems like the right idea but at entirely the wrong tine.

“In some quarters there’s an obvious distrust of the SPFL board because of everything that’s gone on over these last few months. While many clubs would rather not have to contemplate another vote to end the season, they are clearly struggling with the idea of empowering the SPFL board to take that decision for them.

“When you add into the mix the fact that Celtic are going for 10 In A Row and Peter Lawwell will most probably be voted onto a new look SPFL board, the potential problems are obvious

“If we are forced by the pandemic back into another worst case scenario in the new campaign it could make last season’s crisis look like a walk in the park!”

But sources on Hampden’s sixth floor insisted last night that have not given up hope of getting the numbers required ahead of this month’s AGM.

One said: “We are aware that a number of clubs have voiced concerns and that’s probably understandable given the levels of tension over the last three months, But most clubs do seem to see the sense in taking action now to prevent it all playing out again the same way next season.

“It’s up to the clubs decide what they want and right now we still think it’ll be touch and go when it goes to the vote.”

FFS, aye, thats exactly what the SPFL board need : more power - NOT!
My only surprise is that the clubs seem set to reject it.
Maybe some are starting to waken up at last?

You’re absolutely spot on and thankfully, it doesn’t sound like this is going to fly this time.

mad others have said, I’m hoping we’re waiting our time for the outcome of the hearts saga to really put pressure on this absolutely shambolic regime.
Since the Hearts and Partick case seems to hinge on the legality of the Dundee vote I’d say this is a certainty.
If it goes in Hearts favour and the Dundee vote is what swings it for them then I think we will go in for the kill against the board.
However if the SPFL win and the Dundee vote is declared above board then there very little we can do.

a move to change it to them having powers to avoid a vote, which was a farce down to them?

a cynic would suggest they engineered the Dundee farce in order to have these powers later citing the farce as a reason

have they all watched the Star Wars prequels recently?

Just bring in the gardeners and get rid of the weeds at the SPFL and SFA then we won't have the issues we have at present.

Has the penny finally dropped with these clubs that Peter Hirohito's and Celtc's interests, don't necessarily coincide with theirs?

The unbelievable shambles of Scottish football continues as ever.

Since the Hearts and Partick case seems to hinge on the legality of the Dundee vote I’d say this is a certainty.
If it goes in Hearts favour and the Dundee vote is what swings it for them then I think we will go in for the kill against the board.
However if the SPFL win and the Dundee vote is declared above board then there very little we can do.
That I think is the crux of it here.

It’s frustrating we haven’t spoken out, but if we did emphasizing our position and Hearts/Partick lose, it’s not going to look great.

Better to remain tight lipped until the outcome is final and hopefully we’ll be on the right side of going for the jugular.

Don't think that's true because we never had anyone until Robertson, and who did we have pre 2012?
The SPFL wasn't even a thing
Before the SPFL it was the SPL and we have always swapped with them every year (apart from when we were in the lower divisions). Stewart Robertson was on the Board for Season 17/18 as well as 19/20. Before him, it was Martin Bain who took our place on the Board every second year.

Don't think that's true because we never had anyone until Robertson, and who did we have pre 2012?
It’s been in place for years Before we were refused our licence by SPFL. It was reinstated when we were promoted back into the Premiership. SR will now replace Liewell on the other Board, I thinks it’s the Professional Gaming Board

This is Robertsons 2nd stint. We weren't represented while in the lower divisions and prior to that, as someone else mentioned, Martin Bain was our board member rotating with whatever stanklifter represented separate entity fc

SPFL facing crisis rerun as Peter Lawwell perception problem sees clubs line up against new power proposals
Emergency plans to deal with a second wave of Covid-19 look set to fail.

Scottish football is facing up to the nightmare scenario of a coronavirus crisis re-run next season as clubs look set to vote down emergency plans to cope with a second wave of the pandemic.

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster has proposed changing the rule book to give the board special executive powers tin the event that another nationwide Covid-19 outbreak forces the game in this country back into lockdown.

If passed, the resolution would empower Doncaster and the rest of the board to decide if and when the new campaign would have to be brought to an end - and avoid the voting farce which triggered the ongoing civil war which has ripped through the game ever since the notorious Good Friday disagreement.

But Record Sport understands the numbers are stacking up against the proposal - with a number of top flight clubs already voicing strong opposition during a recent meeting of all 12 Premiership clubs.

The league’s top brass are desperate not to expose the entire game to another toxic row if disaster does strike and the virus surges out of control at some point during the season.

But with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell set to replace Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson on Doncaster’s revamped board later this month - as his club attempts to secure a historic tenth successive league crown - there are obvious concerns over perception.

All of Scotland’s 42 senior clubs have been set a deadline of midnight on Monday July 20 to respond to the resolution with 75 per cent support required in all four leagues.

But one top flight chief executive told us: “It’s pretty clear from the discussions we’ve had between Premiership clubs that this plan is not going to have enough support to be passed.

“While no-one wants to go through all of this pain again - and clubs realise it would be easier to hand over the power to the board - it seems like the right idea but at entirely the wrong tine.

“In some quarters there’s an obvious distrust of the SPFL board because of everything that’s gone on over these last few months. While many clubs would rather not have to contemplate another vote to end the season, they are clearly struggling with the idea of empowering the SPFL board to take that decision for them.

“When you add into the mix the fact that Celtic are going for 10 In A Row and Peter Lawwell will most probably be voted onto a new look SPFL board, the potential problems are obvious

“If we are forced by the pandemic back into another worst case scenario in the new campaign it could make last season’s crisis look like a walk in the park!”

But sources on Hampden’s sixth floor insisted last night that have not given up hope of getting the numbers required ahead of this month’s AGM.

One said: “We are aware that a number of clubs have voiced concerns and that’s probably understandable given the levels of tension over the last three months, But most clubs do seem to see the sense in taking action now to prevent it all playing out again the same way next season.

“It’s up to the clubs decide what they want and right now we still think it’ll be touch and go when it goes to the vote.”
The gifting Celtic the 2019/20 title resolution was set to fail by a decent margin right up until the morning of the deadline then 2 Premiership clubs were convinced to change thier vote and the Dundee scam was put into play.

The morning of the vote the premiership and the championship were both voting it down.

This is far from over.

Rats the lot of them, absolute joke if that went through. Be as well moving spfl office into that mobs ground.

Back