SPFL Gameweek 7 re arranged fixtures.

The Highland Bear

Apologies if there has been a thread on this already but i just noticed when all the re arranged fixtures for GW7 are due to be played and it would seem to give Celtic an advantage.

Gameweek 7 in the SPFL was postponed due to the Queens death.
Last night the only game in the SPFL was the re arranged GW7 fixture Kilmarnock Vs St Johnstone.

Celtic vs St Johnstone will play each other this Saturday, the effects of a tough European midweek game will be negated by St Johnstone playing last night. This happening once is fair enough, this can happen but then i checked the following weeks fixtures...

The only midweek game is the re arranged GW7 fixture Dun Utd vs Hibs
Guess who Celtic play the following Saturday??? You guessed it, Hibs!

The other 3 GW7 games aren't played until 20th/21st Dec.
I have no idea why all 6 weren't just played then?

Google Scottish League fixtures, looking at it yourself will explain it better than I can.

Last edited:
Apologies if there has been a thread on this already but i just noticed when all the re arranged fixtures for GW7 are due to be played and it would seem to give Celtic an advantage.

Gameweek 7 in the SPFL was postponed due to the Queens death.
Last night the only game in the SPFL was the re arranged GW7 fixture Kilmarnock Vs St Johnstone.

Celtic vs St Johnstone will play each other this Saturday, the effects of a tough European midweek game will be negated by St Johnstone playing last night. This happening once is fair enough, this can happen but then i checked the following weeks fixtures...

The only midweek game is the re arranged GW7 fixture Dun Utd vs Hibs
Guess who Celtic play the following Saturday??? You guessed it, Hibs!

The other 3 GW7 games aren't played until 20th/21st Dec.
I have no idea why all 6 weren't just played then?

Google Scottish League fixtures, looking at it yourself will explain it better than I can.
You probably are correct to some degree. They done it last year with the w8nter break.

But Celtics game from matchday 7 is down on Google fixtures as Dec 21st. Ours away to Aberdeen is on Tuesday 20th i think.

Edit, sorry get you point about the games set up to be played after Celtic play in Europe. Nice spot

Their match day 7 that’s playing in December is v Livingston according to Google.

Or is your take that the league are trying to make it easier for them by ensuring their weekend opponents also have midweek games?

Could this also not ensure they are sharper and allow injured players more game time to get up to speed before playing them?

I am pretty sure it's the clubs themselves that mutually agree a date is it not?

Is the rule also not that it has to he played as early as possible?

I do see your point though OP but don't think it's spfl here

Their match day 7 that’s playing in December is v Livingston according to Google.

Or is your take that the league are trying to make it easier for them by ensuring their weekend opponents also have midweek games?
That’s what I have taken from it, make the team that plays septic hopefully as tired as possible by playing a midweek game so septics European match won’t take as much a toil on them and hopefully give them the win the SPhell beaks so desperately wants to give them.

I am pretty sure it's the clubs themselves that mutually agree a date is it not?

Is the rule also not that it has to he played as early as possible?

I do see your point though OP but don't think it's spfl here
That certainly used to be the rule in that postponed fixtures had to be played in the first available midweek.

Reactions: GF1
Games can be played on available free dates which is the case here and it suit the clubs

3 fixtures can't be played until December as that is when the 1st available dates appear for them due 3 of those teams playing in Europe

No requirement to play the full card as one either

Last edited:
I remember the spoon burners fell out with the unwashed last year about a reschedule date so I doubt they were putting in a date to suit the beasts the date must suit them I think op you are getting upset over nothing

Not sure the motivation but, yet again, fixtures being rearranged, or rearranged fixtures seem to be of benefit to Celtic.
Maybe the op has memories of other occasions where this simple co-incidence has, on inspection, resulted similarly.
I know I have.
Last year’s winter break being one of them.

Killie v St Johnstone was arranged for next week but apparently both teams asked to move it
Ah so it's the clubs that hate us and are actually the ones that are keen to tire out their own players before playing that mob to make sure it's easier for them to win the league.

I wasn't sure before but now I'm convinced.

Back