SPFL highlights - no commentary - McGregor shouting at tackle?

McGregor ran all the way up to celebrate the goal with the team and say that in an English accent? Fair play to him
Scottish accent for me, and they have microphones all round the park. McGgregor's nuts anyway, wouldn't put it past him

• Haha
Reactions: LD5
1 too many in the Woolpack for you it seems
Without getting into the accent, which you’re wildly wrong about, the microphone next to McGregor wouldn’t be ‘on’ because the action is nowhere near him. So are you suggesting he ran the 80 yards to say it?

Interestingly enough, the SPFL highlights missed Alfredo`s miss in the first minute, even before Cosgrove tried his luck ...

He wouldn't need to, there will be a mic behind his goal.
Which wouldn’t be broadcasting because it is miles away from the action, otherwise you’d hear him throughout.

This isn’t difficult to understand.

4.35 mins in.

when the yellow is brought out

"oh my fucking god, that's incredible, is that no endangering an opponent ... thats fucking unbelievable"

can anyone else make any of it out and who's shouting? am i right in thinking it's McGregor... can't be anyone else with that voice can it?
Put the earphones on it’s definitely McGregor, same voice as last weeks Scum game, when you hear him with the fantastic save he put onto the post to the Ref “It hit the Post” to try not to concede the corner. Plus he is prone to use expletives, LOL! that’s one thing you do here with no crowds.

Without getting into the accent, which you’re wildly wrong about, the microphone next to McGregor wouldn’t be ‘on’ because the action is nowhere near him. So are you suggesting he ran the 80 yards to say it?
Wee bit agresive in your last couple of posts, you seem a bit frustrated. What's up, the dales not a bustling hive of activity just now? If I'm wildly wrong, are you wildly correct? I'm not familiar with the workings of the set up of the tv broadcasters with the microphones and such but I do know you can hear screams and shouts from the other side of the park and I take it they can switch on and off whichever microphone they choose. Work in the industry do we?

Wee bit agresive in your last couple of posts, you seem a bit frustrated. What's up, the dales not a bustling hive of activity just now? If I'm wildly wrong, are you wildly correct? I'm not familiar with the workings of the set up of the tv broadcasters with the microphones and such but I do know you can hear screams and shouts from the other side of the park and I take it they can switch on and off whichever microphone they choose. Work in the industry do we?
Nah mate I’m just correct :D

It’s common sense. You can hear the voice clear as anything because it’s close to the celebrations, it clearly doesn’t come from the microphone behind McGregor’s goal.

Which wouldn’t be broadcasting because it is miles away from the action, otherwise you’d hear him throughout.

This isn’t difficult to understand.

How come I can hear shouts from the bench throughout the whole game no matter where the ball is then? :))

How come I can hear shouts from the bench throughout the whole game no matter where the ball is then? :))
Because they’re shouting and noise travels. Can you hear it as clearly as “he’s back” in the highlights?

:)) So it could have been McGregor after all?
I don’t know if you’re at the wind up or you’re a genuine moron.

Does it sound like he’s shouting it from 80 yards away? Is it not obvious it’s someone involved in the celebration?

McGregor doesn’t need a mic anywhere near him to be heard. He’s a professional shouter/maniac. Feels like him to me.

Nah mate I’m just correct :D

It’s common sense. You can hear the voice clear as anything because it’s close to the celebrations, it clearly doesn’t come from the microphone behind McGregor’s goal.
Microphone positioning doesn't matter, it could be anywhere and still be clear as day. The digital age is terrific. But I suppose we are only guessing. I 'think' it's was McGregor and you 'think' it was Tav. We'll never know for sure, unless somebody writes to the club asking or we go Dutch and hire a linguist

McGregor doesn’t need a mic anywhere near him to be heard. He’s a professional shouter/maniac. Feels like him to me.
We aren’t talking about the post-Main assault tirade, that’s clearly McGregor.

Totally different accent and pitch to the voice later on as it happens.

Not to continue the arguments but the “shithouse” comment doesn’t sound like Tav.

Any other takers?

Microphone positioning doesn't matter, it could be anywhere and still be clear as day. The digital age is terrific. But I suppose we are only guessing. I 'think' it's was McGregor and you 'think' it was Tav. We'll never know for sure, unless somebody writes to the club asking or we go Dutch and hire a linguist
It was Goldson, so we were both wrong...but you were more wrong :)

Unless he’s from the East Coast of Scotland :))

By the way, microphone position doesn’t matter, but surely most people understand that not all microphones receive and transmit at the same volume throughout and the focus is on where the action is. That’s why we were able to hear Goldson saying “he’s back” in a not particularly loud voice.

Common sense.

Last edited:

By the way, microphone position doesn’t matter, but surely most people understand that not all microphones receive and transmit at the same volume throughout and the focus is on where the action is. That’s why we were able to hear Goldson saying “he’s back” in a not particularly loud voice.

Common sense.
Don't think that's 100% correct, we can hear the commentators the loudest and clearest and the action is not where they are

“He’s back he’s back” was Goldson. You can see him say it in one of the RTV videos.

Canny believe someone is saying it’s Shagger. Get your hearing checked out buddy.

Back on the sheep dip I see, getting aggresive again
Oh, I’m terribly sorry
giphy.gif

Back