SPFL open disciplinary proceedings against Celtic and Aberdeen

This is very very very serious - I can see the SPFL hammering Celtic with an extremely mild slap on the wrist.

Followed by a gruelling apology from Donkeycaster to Liewell as he tries to save his own skin.

Legally, they cannot just say that this time counts as a warning and any future offence will be dealt with differently. In law it is known as precedence, and once it is set, it takes a change in the law to see different outcomes for the same offence. Whatever punishment they hand down now becomes the standard, so if they want to be able to throw the book at teams, they need to throw the book at those 2 rancid organisations.
You are possibly right in normal law but this is SPFL law. Otherwise known as big Peter's law.

I’m not sure why you’re picking an argument here, mate?

“no doubt what will be?” - The outcome of the disciplinary hearing. The very topic the thread is about hence my post and the relevance.
Right buddy...if you'd post had said ' no doubt what that will be' it would have made perfect sense to me. Certainly not trying to pick an argument. Please don't take any offence. We're all in this together...it's a big year.

Celtic have always put their own self interest before the well-being of the whole country mate. It's just a shame that clubs in Scotland can,t see it.
Agree the ex-Aberdeen chairman said Peter does make decisions in favour of his own club and an ex-SFA\SPFL chairman said about Rangers in Manchester that he recieved phone calls from a club chairman saying no way should Rangers be given more time to play games. They were the ones who bowed to the order and took it up the bum. It looks like the new Aberdeen chairman has a bit more balls so we live in a bit of hope.

When have the SPFL ever taking action against an individual player?

I don't think it's even in their rules. They can take action against a member club (share holder) and that's it.

They are not a ruling body, they are a limited company.

Footballers are never known as being the brightest. I fear its only a matter or time before a Ranger is snared.... And we get hammered accordingly.

The Catholics are all ok. as everyone knows they can commit the vilest of crimes and be forgiven by a dirty beast in the confessional, so only the non catholics are to be found guilty.;)

So a potential 8 match ban for the players. If they go to that extent, which is the maximum ban, you wouldn't bet against it being timed perfectly to include Aberdeen's Scottish Cup semi final.

8 first team players potentially missing a semi final against the mhanky mhob who would themselves be missing one diddy they dont even want.

Can't see them going for the maximum though- more likely a couple of games and fines for both club and players. You really wouldn't put it past them though and perhaps, if they did, it would open a few more eyes to who the SPFL board are working for. It's certainly not for the benefit of all member clubs.

Point is that bolingoli, as a representative of celtic, willingly broke the rules as he knew he wasnt allowed to play due to his spain trip. This assisted celtic in securing a point against killie. Therefore this game should be awarded to killie. No argument that celtic didnt know can be made. Bolingoli willingly broke the rules and celtic benefitted.

'No doubt it will be; Cltic did everything in their power to avoid the situation, it would be harsh to punish the club when it was the player at fault.'

That was your post wasn't it? All that's missing is the word 'poor' in front of the 'Cltic'.
Whilst my attempt at humour may have been misinterpreted (can't win them all eh), since you have chosen to challenge, i must ask the question, am I the only one who read your post as being almost sympathetic towards their club?
Yes

People are dying from this! Now isn’t the time to be looking at details of people doing things improperly!

oh, wait.

This whole thing will pass without further incident, except from us asking how the hell the SPFL went easy on them all.

Point is that bolingoli, as a representative of celtic, willingly broke the rules as he knew he wasnt allowed to play due to his spain trip. This assisted celtic in securing a point against killie. Therefore this game should be awarded to killie. No argument that celtic didnt know can be made. Bolingoli willingly broke the rules and celtic benefitted.
That’s it in a nutshell and sporting integrity and all that

In today’s paper Mutton talks about Leitch’s comments being patronising but also says Bolingoli would have been lucky to get out the dressing room in his and TLBs day in one piece, what would those dickheads have done Jamal Khashoggied him? Is he saying he shouldn’t be pilloried in the press he should just be physically assaulted by his teammates?
I hate to admit I agree with his Krankie bashing, her faux outrage and hypocrisy is breathtaking but I can’t help feeling he’s setting up for another piece before the disciplinary hearings to say fine and suspend the daft players but DONT punish the club’s for their stupidity. If that’s the case why are Rangers punished with fines for fans (not employees) singing songs deemed offensive.
Bolingoli’s actions were far more serious each offence should be dealt with individually and not lumped together.

It was only Juan ghuy. Look over there at the bad bad prods!

Exclusive cctv of the charge sheets being written up

giphy.gif

Dave Cormack on SS news there now pleading for the abuse of his players who broke the rules to end,I thought it would take a bit longer for them to be portrayed as the victims.

Nikla's target audience here is not the republican kafflick block vote, it is the whole electorate.
They may well pander to the mentally challengeds, but if it becomes known that they colluded with Goliboli, to conceal his activities, they will be nailed. imo.

Absolutely no chance of that. They know what block vote they are chasing.

Is there any proof that the mentally challengeds had an official pick their player up?

Probably not.

I hate to say this but I think the notion that they would have known about his jaunt AND played him to be a touch fanciful.

Does anyone really believe they would have done that ?

Probably not.

I hate to say this but I think the notion that they would have known about his jaunt AND played him to be a touch fanciful.

Does anyone really believe they would have done that ?

100% racing certainty they would

100% certainty it will be "Lenny told his players not to go anywhere"!, "Sellik have handled the situation with class and dignity, have had an internal investigation" therefore no need for any club punishment.

Really hope it's hammered home to our players not to do anything stupid and given those in charge any opportunity to dock us points.

FC Sion (Zion?) instantly spring to mind reading this. Dirty pedo fart chewers, the effing lot of them. Dock them 2 points to make up the 3. That will be the last treble they'll ever see outside of the CSA payouts

Game against Killie to be replayed.
Even theyre not that stupid, the fact the gamed have been postponed is cheating enough, now weve got all their mouth pieces in the media telling us theres no chance they can deduct points.

This, this, this.
The behaviour of Bolingoli is a major public health risk. There is no way this can be treated lightly.
His flight itinerary should be corroborated by access to Border Force records, and checking his bank card transactions.
If Celtc have not behaved with utmost good faith throughout this, then expulsion would be a deserved fate. They will have put their own self interest before the wellbeing of the whole country.
Nikla and Leitch will not be cowed by fat Pete and his minions.

Full transparency from Sweep Sweep FC would be great. Maybe there was more players than just Boli that had a wee weekend abroad last week.

Now i know FF'ers aren't actually believing Celtic are going to be docked points or any other actual football disadvantage as punishment.
No one on this board is that daft.
A small fine is all they're getting

Putting the ineligible player argument to one side both clubs should absolutely forfeit the ties they can’t play as a result of these breaches. Request denied to move fixtures to help a team with a European final but not a problem to reschedule for teams who have broken the rules!!

Spfl board to punish the mentally challengeds and sheep headed by the mentally challengeds own chairman.....what could.possible go wrong....that brush must have zero bristles left

3-0 loss for any club breaching rules and fielding a COVID risk player. Given Celtic already drew the game their punishment becomes just 1 point. No issue for them if Killie get an addition 2 points.
Worthwile risk for Celtic as they know someone will get us in the future Inna technicality and be able to take 3 points from us. A risk worth taking for Celtic?

3-0 loss for any club breaching rules and fielding a COVID risk player. Given Celtic already drew the game their punishment becomes just 1 point. No issue for them if Killie get an addition 2 points.
Worthwile risk for Celtic as they know someone will get us in the future Inna technicality and be able to take 3 points from us. A risk worth taking for Celtic?
I was gonna post something like this but didn't want to get accused of being part of the tin foil hate brigade haha.

Back