SPFL opening weekend disciplinary record

6 games.

26 bookings, 1 straight red.

Every game had at least four bookings - except Hearts v Scum. Which didn't see a single card, despite seeing some of the worst challenges all weekend.

Good ol' Scottish officials' consistency, eh?
Never mind the Compliant Officer will be back from holiday soon to issue retrospective bans to............................................................... Morelos, Barišić, Arfield and Jack

6 games.

Every game had at least four bookings - except Hearts v Scum. Which didn't see a single card, despite seeing some of the worst challenges all weekend.

To be fair, mate comes from the old English, meat, which meant all food. Mate means someone to eat with.

Haliday was a poor challenge and should have been booked but it’s ridiculous to say he should have got red for being late with a slide tackle on the halfway line

One of those professional fouls. Not like he was over the ball and knee high like Soro

You’d be f’n raging if a Rangers player got a red for that.

6 games.

They just aren’t very good!

Haliday was a poor challenge and should have been booked but it’s ridiculous to say he should have got red for being late with a slide tackle on the halfway line

One of those professional fouls. Not like he was over the ball and knee high like Soro

You’d be f’n raging if a Rangers player got a red for that.
I just saw the tackle and have to say, going by posts here last night, you thought it was a career ender.

Bad tackle, and should have been booked.
Never a red card, not even if Clancy was referee.

Yellow cards

5. Livingston, Motherwell
4. Ross County
3. Hibs, Dundee Utd
2. Dundee (+1 red), St Mirren
1. Aberdeen, St Johnstone
0. Rangers, Hearts, Celtc

Surprised nobody's mentioned that Bassey is not good at crossing balls.

Gets mentioned every other thread.

He'll probably get a 3 match suspension from the CO.

:))
giphy.gif

Bobby Madden rarely dishes cards out. I think he likes to try and get through games without giving cards. Not always the case in old firm games but otherwise generally the case.

These things are mad , standards are howling bad . Surely these numbers mean something and ther4 would be a cross check at sfa disciplinary levels saying hold on what’s happening

Bobby Madden rarely dishes cards out. I think he likes to try and get through games without giving cards. Not always the case in old firm games but otherwise generally the case.
Ssssssh ffs Bobby. They're not supposed to know you've got a login for here. Keep up the good work brother. B-)

I'll leave this site here

A few qualifiers: "for" means what fouls/cards are given to that club and "against" is what fouls/cards are given to the team playing them.

If you're in any doubt, click on the goals tab and you'll figure it out because I linked last season and we scored a lot and conceded very little.

Now it's very intuitive, use the drop-down menu for the years/competition and click "go" to find what you want.

You can also click on the columns in the data you want to sort them High-low and again to go low-high!

You can also click on the tabs to look at different stats. Lovely break-downs too lower down the page. Especially in the fouls and cards part, because they seem to also have an error part for the regression.

Now, I would suggest looking at the last few years and sort for and against for fouls, note where we and they are and then look at the cards page for and against (especially for yellows)

Can you figure out who is benefitting from referee's?

Because I can.

6 games.

Will Devlin get a retrospective red for kicking Bassey?

Is it that low?

Honestly would have thought it was at least 4 fouls a half. No hyperbole.
That's my apology, every chance it's higher that was just more of an observation not fact it could well be higher its pretty much all he does

Dont know about the stats right enough and hes been a top ref quite a while i do think hes sent off about 10 Rangers players so cant really agree with that point.

Dont think Gerrard likes him either suppose theres quite a few of the top officials our management team clearly dont trust. They see what they want to see and pick or choose which incidents to deal with.

Never seen BM being lenient with our team quite the opposite sure he booked Alfie for sfa so he missed an important semi against Aberdeen. He has also given so many soft reds to diddy sides visiting the piggery for me plays up to the crowd at Celtic park. Long time ago but Halliday was red carded for a head-butt that he never seen cos it didnt happen, there was also the time he lied about not seeing McGregor flicking a boot at someone, Aberdeen i think, as media wanted the player banned.

The op is a clear example of ref bias. The most obvious game for cards and a few challenges would be a Sat night game between Hearts back in the league and Celtic a match with history both clubs dont like each other... but then the ref knew the tims were struggling and decided just to ignore the laws of the game as he knows winning with 11 men is difficult enough for this side.

Had it been Rangers visiting his attitude would have been completely different and if we get 4 or 5 yellows or even a red, the same people defending Bobby would be telling us its great refereeing the decisions were all correct.

The tims are moaning about one bad tackle by Hearts and it was at least worth a yellow but the only reason it wasnt a booking is cos the ref had spent the first half doing the tims favours and obviously believed he had do the same for the home side.

We should not make the mistake of having sympathy for biased officials with an agenda against Rangers because a few tims on twitter dont like Bobby cos he once supported Rangers.

It seems this morning timmy is not happy with the bbc no one will be saying lets back the beeb cos some maniac tims have at last found something to moan about after all these years of them spreading yahoo propaganda.

Hearts 4 fouls, Celtic 11

And they’re complaining about Hearts not getting any cards?

How many of those 11 Celtic fouls were Soro?

At least 3 , as like others , I was waiting on bets on yellow cards for Soro and Halliday and lost it a bit after the 3rd which was a definite yellow (as was his second).
That doesn't even include the later one when he did Halliday in the thigh and they didn't show replays.

The fact is , if it had been that wee googly eyed turncoat that committed the foul , he wouldn't have been booked either..taste of his own medicine..

Dont know about the stats right enough and hes been a top ref quite a while i do think hes sent off about 10 Rangers players so cant really agree with that point.

Dont think Gerrard likes him either suppose theres quite a few of the top officials our management team clearly dont trust. They see what they want to see and pick or choose which incidents to deal with.

Never seen BM being lenient with our team quite the opposite sure he booked Alfie for sfa so he missed an important semi against Aberdeen. He has also given so many soft reds to diddy sides visiting the piggery for me plays up to the crowd at Celtic park. Long time ago but Halliday was red carded for a head-butt that he never seen cos it didnt happen, there was also the time he lied about not seeing McGregor flicking a boot at someone, Aberdeen i think, as media wanted the player banned.

The op is a clear example of ref bias. The most obvious game for cards and a few challenges would be a Sat night game between Hearts back in the league and Celtic a match with history both clubs dont like each other... but then the ref knew the tims were struggling and decided just to ignore the laws of the game as he knows winning with 11 men is difficult enough for this side.

Had it been Rangers visiting his attitude would have been completely different and if we get 4 or 5 yellows or even a red, the same people defending Bobby would be telling us its great refereeing the decisions were all correct.

The tims are moaning about one bad tackle by Hearts and it was at least worth a yellow but the only reason it wasnt a booking is cos the ref had spent the first half doing the tims favours and obviously believed he had do the same for the home side.

We should not make the mistake of having sympathy for biased officials with an agenda against Rangers because a few tims on twitter dont like Bobby cos he once supported Rangers.

It seems this morning timmy is not happy with the bbc no one will be saying lets back the beeb cos some maniac tims have at last found something to moan about after all these years of them spreading yahoo propaganda.

I'm not a fan of him myself because he doesn't offer enough protection for our players by trying to keep the cards in his pocket.

I think it's far too early to make judgement of bias based on one round of games refereed by 6 different referees. The halfway point would probably be the earliest you could make a reasonable analysis but you would need to look at individual refs as well as home/away etc.

I'm not a fan of him myself because he doesn't offer enough protection for our players by trying to keep the cards in his pocket.

I think it's far too early to make judgement of bias based on one round of games refereed by 6 different referees. The halfway point would probably be the earliest you could make a reasonable analysis but you would need to look at individual refs as well as home/away etc.
He wont be keeping any cards in his pocket next time he gets the chance to book or send off Rangers players.

If as you say he offers no protection to our players, ignores the tims behaviour and has an incredible record of showing our guys reds, then that means hes biased. He is not alone right enough a lot of the ref use these tactics.

Refereeing in this country is utterly shambolic. I watched the Hibs/Motherwell game, the game was reasonably entertaining but the ref was horrendous. Most players from each team should've received a yellow card, some of them two yellows for just persistent fouling, some of the fouls the ref missed and that let go and deemed acceptable was just bizarre. Hibs were denied a stonewall pen in the first half, the refs view might not have been great of it but his linesman should've picked it up.

Then you have their game at the weekend, Halliday should've got a yellow for his challenge and Soro should've been off for his. Offside decision as well.

Just overall a very, very poor standard of refereeing in this country. There is not one ref I think to myself, I am glad we have him today because he is solid ref and decisive. They all have major failings. Some of the linesmen were just not even keeping up with play and trying to make offside decisions when they are 5 yards behinds the play.

At least 3 , as like others , I was waiting on bets on yellow cards for Soro and Halliday and lost it a bit after the 3rd which was a definite yellow (as was his second).
That doesn't even include the later one when he did Halliday in the thigh and they didn't show replays.
It was five for Soro if Sporting Life is accurate and I’ve no reason to doubt it isn’t

7'

Foul by Ismaila Soro (Celtic).

37'

55'

61'

88'

It was five for Soro if Sporting Life is accurate and I’ve no reason to doubt it isn’t

7'

37'

55'

61'

88'

Obviously not every foul is worth a booking.

And its not like there's a specified number of fouls to constitute persisent fouling.

But it's incredible that every game he's gonna be hitting around half a dozen fouls and rarely gets booked. Then other players often get a card for their first or second foul of the game, even when its a bit of a nothing foul.

Back