SPFL 'Positive' Talks with Anderson

Hearts should not be relegated if there isn't a league for them to play in. Ironically, this might get the championship started earlier

I guess this’ll mean some ridiculous 14 team league next season and a minimum of 44 league games. If the domestic season is to start August and we are still playing in last seasons UEFA cup in August this could put us at a real disadvantage in terms of fixtures. Given the 2020-21 European fixtures are going to start later more games is the last thing we need

I hate to sound paranoid but they are fking us over already
Oh your definitely not paranoid, next season will be the fix of all fixes that’s before you factor in the little scenario you just described.

I’d say this is probably likely.

And as long as there genuinely is no strings attached in the form of reconstruction then I do t have a problem with it.
I'm the same. What a sheer piece of luck for Doncaster and the rest if true. No wonder the meeting went well. Has this guy got serious wealth?

I would like to see what the offer is.Remember the reason our leagues are in this mess is because of the indecent rush of Doncaster,McLennan,McKenzie and Liewell to gift celtic the title.
Ideally we want rid of this cabal asap for not just our benefit but for the benefit of the rest of the game.
In the meanwhile if this offer can dilute their grip on the game I would take that for starters.

He could do worse than say he'll donate the money on only one condition - the SPFL Executive have to go or at the very least undertake the Independent Inquiry. He is obviously a successful investor so why would you allow those useless articles to distribute money as they see fit (Budge trashed Doncaster only as far back as Saturday after all and he is meant to be a Hearts fan).

Announced on day reconstruction is discussed is just another coincidence corrupt to the core is the SPFL and its predecessor all the way back 20 2005 no question re SFA look at the serious thread re child abuse

If they are financially stable and they agreed to give a team a title simply for being at the top of the league when it finished. Then logically surely they should be accepting that as a consequence of that the team at the bottom should get relegated.

They should take their medicine and get on with it, or they could get get one of their major backers to pump money into other teams to "ease" reconstruction.

We thought they were allied with us but in reality they are as bad as the rest. Simply happy to feed on any scraps that Celtic will through at them.

Hearts, are absolutely fine for money.
Foh put in 1.5/2 million a season James Anderson has given them 9 million and said he will back them for at least another 5 years.
I think the Mr Anderson just wants to help out Scottish football.

The only problem I see is he now has to deal with the spfl rats.
That's a huge problem for everyone
Spfl will want to divide the money in a way that septic get the most of it.

Hearts, are absolutely fine for money.
Foh put in 1.5/2 million a season James Anderson has given them 9 million and said he will back them for at least another 5 years.
I think the Mr Anderson just wants to help out Scottish football.

The only problem I see is he now has to deal with the spfl rats.
That's a huge problem for everyone

The Championship might not happen if many clubs mothball for a season due to being unable to financially stay in business, hence this financial " offer " from Anderson.

You couldn't make it up. Vote for spfl resolution to make poets champions on good friday or you won't get your money. Now it will be vote hearts not being relegated and we'll give you somebody else's money ffs.

The Championship might not happen if many clubs mothball for a season due to being unable to financially stay in business, hence this financial " offer " from Anderson.

I agree but I don't see any clubs mothballing for a season. I reckon if they don't play next season then the vast majority will not be coming back

One concern would be that this is a no strings attached donation which, on the face of it, appears intended to be allocated to the lower league clubs to ensure that they can, in fact, play next season.

The SPFL, however, potentially owe £10m which, if realised, ought to come out of this seasons money. That money has I understand already been paid to the clubs and, as such, they have technically been over paid.

Any money coming in could therefore be offset by any Sky/BT clawback and the clubs ultimately no better off.

If the money coming in is deemed or considered as sponsorship of next season then in accordance with the Articles it would be split across all 42 clubs based on the stated percentages with the Premiership clubs taking most of the cash which, I assume, is why the investor isn't interested in sponsoring the league.

Despite there being no strings if he genuinely wants the money to go to the lower league clubs to keep them afloat then I would suggest he needs to get some form of undertaking from the SPFL re how the money is spent/distributed - if not there is no guarantee where it will end up.

Bottom line is - I wouldn't trust the slimey b'stards in charge of Scottish Football one bit.

What school did this money man gain a education?
It seems reeking to me.

He’s paying to ensure that the Championship at the very least happens. Reconstruction is dead, if the championship doesn’t happen then the Farts are dead...without a no strings attached cash injection then a few div 1 and 2 clubs will go to the wall too.

Certainly seems like and out and out bribe. However, how can it not be a conflict of interest if the SPFL accept money to help all of Scottish Football from an already investor in one of the member clubs. I know they are desperate but that would reek to high heavens. Not that they worry about that either - I mean, they've openly let Celtic manage them for years.

It’s Doncaster and the SPFL he’s dealing with. Even they could %^*& up free money! Clubs shouldn’t pin too much on this happening!

How much is he willing to give away? Surely split equally between all 42 clubs?

it’s obviously a last ditch attempt to get clubs to change their mind and vote in favour for reconstruction but I doubt the sums he could give away would be enough to do that.

they also can’t come out and say this money is in place for the clubs but only if yous vote for reconstruction. I wouldn’t be getting my knickers in a twist just yet.

if its a 9 million pound bribe thats 12K a week for 6 months 32 teams lg 1 lg 2 what about highland and lowland leagues surly this gentleman's integrity must extend to those divisions

Funny, just on the news that dungcaster is keen to progress this 'extremrly generous investment offer' quickly.
Wisnae so keen to progress Rangers' extremely generous offer to fund an independent review tho, eh! F*cker!!

The guy may be genuine, and he may have a soft spot for Scottish football, however the timing of this gift is very suspect.

For me, this bribe, and that's exactly what it is, is not being made for altruistic reasons. Its either being offered to keep Hearts in the top flight, or to ensure that Hearts have teams to play against in the Championship next season. It is all Hearts-related.

So the team relagated from the league are then tasked with making re construction plans to avoid relegation

this team then offer millions to member clubs

nothing to see here

Hearts problem is not relegation, but playing football the following season, and the chance of promotion

Their fear is not dropping a division, but dropping into a league that may not start and/or may not finish. They need football to be played, even bcd. They can take the pain of the championship, but not the pain of being effed over once they're in the lower division.

He is a hearts fan
He has gave them 9 million so far and has pledged money for next 5 years.
I think he genuinely wants to help Scottish football survive.
The money might be for testing kits which would cost 2.5 million for the 4 leagues for a season.
That's what a lot of hearts fans think the money is for.
They don't think it's a bail out for clubs to survive not being able to afford playing bcd.

They think the first sky TV instalment will do that.
That's why the league must start on time for contract to kick in.

Everyone is just guessing

We know why Scotland is making an absolute c*nt of this crises brought on by the pandemic, but why is no one looking at all the other countries throughout Europe or even the world that have managed to handle this crises in a sensible cohesive manner?

He is a hearts fan
He has gave them 9 million so far and has pledged money for next 5 years.
I think he genuinely wants to help Scottish football survive.
The money might be for testing kits which would cost 2.5 million for the 4 leagues for a season.
That's what a lot of hearts fans think the money is for.
They don't think it's a bail out for clubs to survive not being able to afford playing bcd.

They think the first sky TV instalment will do that.
That's why the league must start on time for contract to kick in.

Everyone is just guessing

I don’t think the first Sky instalment will do that for lower league clubs at all, and maybe not even the top flight clubs.

The first payment to top flight clubs is circa £1m. In other words just under what the club finishing bottom would get. You’d have to imagine the same would apply to the other divisions. Say £175k in the Championship, £70k in League 1 and £45k in League 2. Even with no testing costs, if that is what Anderson is offering, that sort of cash isn’t going to go very far with no cash through the turnstiles and playing squads, and other staff still needing paid, and the normal running costs in effect.

Thats if the SPFL are in a position to pay out ANYTHING if BT Sport and Sky want the £10m they are reportedly owed.

If I was a really wealthy man, I would like to gazump this offer to keep Hertz down.

I don’t think the first Sky instalment will do that for lower league clubs at all, and maybe not even the top flight clubs.

The first payment to top flight clubs is circa £1m. In other words just under what the club finishing bottom would get. You’d have to imagine the same would apply to the other divisions. Say £175k in the Championship, £70k in League 1 and £45k in League 2. Even with no testing costs, if that is what Anderson is offering, that sort of cash isn’t going to go very far with no cash through the turnstiles and playing squads, and other staff still needing paid, and the normal running costs in effect.

Thats if the SPFL are in a position to pay out ANYTHING if BT Sport and Sky want the £10m they are reportedly owed.
The talk on Twitter and other forums is spfl are getting 28 million not sure how many instalments that is.
But when season ended some clubs got under 10k as last payment..
If we go to a 14 team setup then the championship is in big trouble.
Hearts have to go down

Back