SPFL 'Positive' Talks with Anderson

The talk on Twitter and other forums is spfl are getting 28 million not sure how many instalments that is.
But when season ended some clubs got under 10k as last payment..
If we go to a 14 team setup then the championship is in big trouble.
Hearts have to go down

I think the money is generally paid out in 3 instalments to the clubs - August, January and April mate. They made 4 this year because they paid an extra one out in late March (I think it was) due to corona.

If there is legs in this proposal the court case is history unfortunately mate, maybe was mostly wishful thinking from us anyway once Budge first lifted her skirt

Lets see. Maybe if Sky and BT Sport are aware of Anderson’s ‘generosity’ it will prompt them to demand their payback as soon as it hits SPFL coffers. Why wouldn’t they, in truth?

Tell you what I do know, our club should absolutely ban all of that lot from Ibrox next season, use social distancing as the reason, the smelly unwashed bastards.

SPFL premier clubs had a zoom conference today about reconstruction linked with this proposal. Once this is onside the rest is a formality. Premier clubs to get a hand out too so seems inevitable. All lower than premiership will 100% vote for it, it seems.

This has been orchestrated to keep Hearts in the premiership and remove the possibility of the forensic audit of the dundee vote.

SPFL premier clubs had a zoom conference today about reconstruction linked with this proposal. Once this is onside the rest is a formality. Premier clubs to get a hand out too so seems inevitable. All lower than premiership will 100% vote for it, it seems.

This has been orchestrated to keep Hearts in the premiership and remove the possibility of the forensic audit of the dundee vote.
We must as a club refuse this money and say why we wont take it. I would have thought this would be something we could go to court over. You simply cant allow Hearts to bribe the league body.

There was speculation that the spfl would maybe divide the money like the prize money.
Scum biggest percentage down to club 42

If the intent of this money is to protect lower league clubs and keep them solvent, shouldn’t the ”benefactor” insist on it being the other way round ie. biggest percentage for club 42 and working back up the leagues?

If the SPFL divided it up as suggested, with the tainted title grabbers getting the biggest %, that would be disgraceful. But nothing would surprise me these days.

It’s got corruption all over it, Hearts are now a Championship Club by the result of the corrupt Resolution anything else now and especially when it was voted down by the Premiership Clubs , Rangers better be all over this as it’s a fcuking farce and insult to the fans.

Funny, just on the news that dungcaster is keen to progress this 'extremrly generous investment offer' quickly.
Wisnae so keen to progress Rangers' extremely generous offer to fund an independent review tho, eh! F*cker!!
Seemingly the rumour is it's £28million to ensure league teams can afford to play behind closed doors.

wouldn't Anderson be better keeping his money for Hearts to get them promoted or until they are promoted then invest in Hearts .......

So James Anderson is donating £28 million just so that football can continue in the lower divisions?

And we are to believe it’s got nothing to do with reconstruction or Hearts being relegated, despite prior investment in Hearts by Anderson and Ann Budge being the individual who revealed the news.

Most reasonable people will conclude this is a bribe.

The way this seems to be is, an unfinished league must have a 'champion', especially as it's celtc but the team sitting bottom can be allowed to escape relegation as long as a rich man pumps some millions into the league coffers because they will escape being relegated. Seems legit. As an aside, wonder how much he'd pump in if Hamilton were bottom?

i can’t see why he would blast 28m into to the league as good will gesture if there is a cloase to do with Jambos i don’t see fifa as bent as they are allowing it.

If there is legs in this proposal the court case is history unfortunately mate, maybe was mostly wishful thinking from us anyway once Budge first lifted her skirt
Thanks BB I’m going to bed now with the image of Budge lifting her skirt in ma heid. Nice one...:oops:

Just when you thought it couldn't get more ridiculous. I am stunned tbh. They are making it up as they go along. I would jump the any other league tomorrow. This one is doomed, a laughing stock and utterly devoid of fairness.

He has links to desmond
What would DD connection to baillie Gifford be, John Bennett will know James Anderson through business. J.A runs hugely successful investment trust, people need to stop seeing conspiracies around every corner it's the SPFL not the CIA

We must as a club refuse this money and say why we wont take it. I would have thought this would be something we could go to court over. You simply cant allow Hearts to bribe the league body.
Have not followed this story in detail but wondered if this was a trap set for the SPFL to see whether they would allow a team to buy their way out of relegation, and how they deal with the money.

Surely if this guy wants to spend some of his fortune, why doesn't he fund a court challenge to keep Hearts up and rid us of the "untouchables"

Former Hearts chairman Leslie Dean the guy who has 40 years of solicitors experience basically said it would cost Hearts 3 million if they were relegated, he intimated that if the SPFL were to give Hearts the money then they will accept the drop and forget the legal route.
It looks like they'll surpass even that, it's strange though if it was Rangers in Hearts position no amount of money would even be considered, and to suggest it would be condoning corruption, stating sporting integrity must be the order of the day.
What a bunch of artful dodgers and hypocritical, agenda driven people are running Scottish football.

Another remarkable chapter in Scottish professional football.

The whole thing is absolutely rotten to the core

In a country where the club was demonized and punished over the use of EBTs, our players and fans attacked inside the national stadium and the near constant campaign to have points deducted or fined during european competition for fans singing songs....the silence over this 'gesture' is deafening.

Corrupt to the core

The Zoom conference hasn’t promoted a Klaxon from that jump the dyke Jackson. All the previous meetings have had content leaked the next day. Apparently this meeting had a full agenda on restarting season, fixture list, closed doors and of course Budge Proposal.
Championship teams meet today and Leagues 1&2 tomorrow.

I am really beginning to wonder what the point in us paying to follow Rangers is anymore, if we want to win trophies that is.

This absolutely reeks. Has got to be a massive conflict of interest and a breach of compliance and ethical standards. It's absolutely clear that even with the best intentions the SPFL cannot accept this cash from an investor in Hearts with any direct benefit for them such as pushing through reconstruction. The governing bodies seem to be out of control.

The SPFL says it held a "positive discussion" on Monday morning with James Anderson over his "extremely generous" offer of financial support.

Chief executive Neil Doncaster and chairman Murdoch MacLennan had talks with the businessman, whose proposal is intended to help all 42 clubs.

Hearts owner Ann Budge told BBC Scotland on Saturday she had lined up benefactors keen to invest millions.

Doncaster hopes to progress Anderson's offer "as swiftly as possible".

He added: "The offer from James is an extremely generous one and we have committed to work together to quickly iron out the details and develop a concrete proposal which could make a significant difference to our 42 clubs."

Who else smells a rat? There goes their court case

This absolutely reeks. Has got to be a massive conflict of interest and a breach of compliance and ethical standards. It's absolutely clear that even with the best intentions the SPFL cannot accept this cash from an investor in Hearts with any direct benefit for them such as pushing through reconstruction. The governing bodies seem to be out of control.

Completely free to be openly corrupt and they know they can get away with it coz the media are their bitches and the majority of Scotland's clubs dont really give a %^*& as long as they get thrown a few pounds here and there.

The corruption in our game is staggering. It's all happening in full view yet no one from the media are saying anything! If this was rangers there would be rioting!

She’ll still need to get all the clubs to vote for the proposals.

I can’t see Rangers backing a proposal where it says “vote for reconstruction and you’ll get x amount of money”. It’s plain bribery.

If Dempster at Hibs votes in favour she will be hung, drawn and quartered by the Hibs support.

Another two clubs in top flight have to reject it. This financial package will be to win over the lower leagues.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Would absolutely love it to be rejected by so called "top flight" - maybe the 'laughing stock' label will finally gain traction and the ridicule turns the tide. with the nest of vipers stirred up, tying themselves in knots, until something incontrovertibly damaging seeps out of their stinking pit and damns them! Sometimes something can't be properly fixed until it's fully broken.

If, and I stress if, this offer is NOT tied to any reconstruction as is claimed, and is to be distributed evenly to all 42 clubs, then why on earth would anyone have a problem with it?

I’m not saying don’t be suspicious, but if due diligence is done and it is simply an offer from a loaded Scotsman to make sure Scottish football doesn’t go down the grubber then surely it’s a good thing all round?

If, and I stress if, this offer is NOT tied to any reconstruction as is claimed, and is to be distributed evenly to all 42 clubs, then why on earth would anyone have a problem with it?

I’m not saying don’t be suspicious, but if due diligence is done and it is simply an offer from a loaded Scotsman to make sure Scottish football doesn’t go down the grubber then surely it’s a good thing all round?

The obvious question to ask would be 'why'?

Can you imagine if this was Douglas Park, or Dave King or Dermott f*cking Desmond, wanting to put millions into Scottish football - primarily the diddies - and the questions that would be asked? Not least amongst Rangers supporters. And rightly so, as someone once said.

The SPFL says it held a "positive discussion" on Monday morning with James Anderson over his "extremely generous" offer of financial support.

Chief executive Neil Doncaster and chairman Murdoch MacLennan had talks with the businessman, whose proposal is intended to help all 42 clubs.

Hearts owner Ann Budge told BBC Scotland on Saturday she had lined up benefactors keen to invest millions.

Doncaster hopes to progress Anderson's offer "as swiftly as possible".

He added: "The offer from James is an extremely generous one and we have committed to work together to quickly iron out the details and develop a concrete proposal which could make a significant difference to our 42 clubs."

Fake news. The SPFL had discussions with Anderson but no mention of Liewell involvement so fake news.

The obvious question to ask would be 'why'?

Can you imagine if this was Douglas Park, or Dave King or Dermott f*cking Desmond, wanting to put millions into Scottish football - primarily the diddies - and the questions that would be asked? Not least amongst Rangers supporters. And rightly so, as someone once said.
I totally get that, hence why due diligence needs to be done, but this is significantly different to King, Park or Desmond offering the cash as this guy is not owner, chairman or main shareholder of Hearts.

The guy seemingly has a history of charitable donations, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility he just wants to make sure Scottish football continues.

It also goes without saying if his offer is tied to conditions such as reconstruction or terms favourable to Hearts in particular then the deal should be off the table.

There is going to be strings attached to this no matter how the spfl and the media try and spin it.

For one, why would this guy not just put all that money into Hearts? It would transform them. There is far more to this than changing the league to keep Hearts up.

I totally get that, hence why due diligence needs to be done, but this is significantly different to King, Park or Desmond offering the cash as this guy is not owner, chairman or main shareholder of Hearts.

The guy seemingly has a history of charitable donations, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility he just wants to make sure Scottish football continues.

It also goes without saying if his offer is tied to conditions such as reconstruction or terms favourable to Hearts in particular then the deal should be off the table.

I don't disagree. Though the vast sums he's put into Hearts clearly indicate he's not a 'neutral' - even if he isn't a major shareholder there. However, I think Leagues 1/2 are done for this year no matter what gets thrown at them. Listening to them speak they have no interest in playing BCD. Effectively, therefore, we are talking about the top flight and the Championship. Top flight clubs should be capable of surviving. If they can't then they are not worthy of being in the top flight. You'd have to assume this is more about giving Hearts someone to play against in the Championship.

What I do wonder is that if these 'millions' go into the SPFL is that not then the green light for BT Sport and Sky to simply turn around and say 'we'll have some (or all!) of that'? If they are owed £10m why on Earth would they not do so? Maybe Sky wouldn't want the bad publicity that goes with it but BT Sport won't give a damn. I'd laugh if the money went to them instead of the clubs and the SPFL were left - again - looking like rank amateurs. Followed by Hearts still taking them to Court of course.

There is going to be strings attached to this no matter how the spfl and the media try and spin it.

For one, why would this guy not just put all that money into Hearts? It would transform them. There is far more to this than changing the league to keep Hearts up.
Because Hearts might not have a league to play in at all next season, only the premier league is currently restarting in August.

There’s a genuine chance the lower leagues won’t start at all until crowds are allowed back in which would utterly cripple Hearts.

I admit we have to be wary but even if this is an offer to indirectly benefit Hearts by giving the others enough cash to actually play then I’m all for it.

The other line of thought of TV companies wanting a slice of it obviously also have to be looked at but I’m sure there’s ways and means around it, there always is.

If there are no strings then it's not a bribe. People are flinging around 'tied to reconstruction' when Budge claims it specifically isn't tied to anything. The reason will be to keep the league playing which Hearts will be in. Reconstruction won't happen

That’s why the SPFL are running scared, if Budge has friends With that kind of dough, they can easily afford to sue.

The Jambos latest theory seems to be 14-10-10-10. With Hearts and ICT in the top flight, Thistle and Falkirk in the Champ, Stranraer and Edinburgh City in League 1 and Brora and Kelty in League 2. You then mothball leagues 1/2 for the season with the help of a wee bung from Mr Anderson.

I'm not really sue how that helps the Championship play out the season as you are simply replacing Hearts and ICT with Thistle and Falkirk. Still plenty in there that don't want to play BCD.

Back