SPFL respond to Rangers resolution proposal and clarification

mdingwall

Administrator

Board update on Rangers Resolution
alt description

The SPFL Board received a requisition from Rangers, supported by two other clubs, that the Board must issue a further resolution to members. This resolution sought to compel the SPFL to lend money to all 42 Clubs.

The Board took legal advice from a leading QC on the proposed resolution. By law, the members of a private company can require their Board to circulate a resolution, unless such resolution would be ineffective if passed.

The clear and unequivocal legal advice received by the SPFL is that the resolution received from Rangers is ineffective in terms of company law. As a result, the Board determined this morning that it cannot be circulated to members.

We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”. For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning.

Rangers have expressed a desire to submit a further resolution. The SPFL’s lawyers will work with Rangers, as they will with any other member club, who wishes to put forward a resolution. The offer to help clubs with the drafting of their resolutions was made during the divisional conference calls on Wednesday. Rangers chose to proceed without seeking that help, with the result that their resolution was ineffective.

A spokesman said: “These are extremely difficult times for the people of Scotland and for every club in the land.

“The SPFL Board has worked hard to propose a clear way of quickly delivering much-needed fee payments to the 30 clubs in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2.

“The alternative is further weeks, and possibly months, of uncertainty and financial hardship for dozens of clubs which are desperately looking for a way to survive.”

I would expect a counter response to that from Rangers this afternoon.

Considering we've being ahead of them in this process so far, I would imagine we would have expected them to react to our statement this morning.
We will be ready&prepared, I think we are on the ball here&have canvassed enough support to follow it through.
WATP

One thing we learnt from the Charles Green era was that what was missing from statements was often as important as what they contained. Snake Oil Salesman.

The SPFL rebuttal says the SPFL's lawyers only got 1 email from Rangers. Late last night. The Rangers statement says - explicitly - that they tried to contact the 'SPFL Executive' all day. I'd say 'lawyers' and 'Executive' are completely different things. Separate entities if you will.;)

They are devious c*nts, no doubts about it.

Interesting how many of our fans on here immediately jump to the conclusion that the SPFL statement is 100% correct and start slating the Club again. Read the SPFL statement again - it talks about an email to the SPFL Lawyers. Rangers statement talks about trying to contact the 'SPFL Executive'. They are(the SPFL), to my mind, playing with words.

Last edited:
We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”. For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning.

They're calling us liars.

The individuals involved in the SPFL don't have the mental furniture to get ahead of this. What we will see is a complete breakdown between the club and SPFL. The gloves will be off and I have no doubt that we will up the stakes, possibly legally, within the weeks and months ahead. How that sits with UEFA and the good of the game in this country is to be debated later. This continued strong arm tactic is unpalatable for many and it's financial bullying. It will be interesting to see who blinks first. I have a feeling that it won't be us.

A clear attempt at muddying the waters with this part of the statement.

The lawyers probably won’t update Rangers directly as they’re engaged with the SPFL. The fact that Rangers only chased the lawyers late last night is completely irrelevant as well. How many times were the SPFL chased?

Don’t take this statement for what it says. Take it for what it doesn’t.

One thing we learnt from the Charles Green era was that what was missing from statements was often as important as what they contained. Snake Oil Salesman.

The SPFL rebuttal says the SPFL's lawyers only got 1 email from Rangers. Late last night. The Rangers statement says - explicitly - that they tried to contact the 'SPFL Executive' all day. I'd say 'lawyers' and 'Executive' are completely different things. Separate entities if you will.;)

Interesting how many of our fans on here immediately jump to the conclusion that the SPFL statement is 100% correct and start slating the Club again. Rread the SPFL statement again - it talks about an email to the SPFL Lawyers. Rangers statement talks about trying to contact the 'SPFL Executive'. They are(the SPFL), to my mind, playing with words.

Damn right they are !

Why would anyone contact an organisation’s solicitors except out of anger that the organisation itself hadn’t responded to repeated previous contacts with the organisation itself. The contact with the solicitors may actually have been a threat of an injunction if there was no response to the proposals. They are being duplicitous. Rangers appear to be preparing for a serious attack on the corruption in Scottish football

You deal with the SPFL, the SPFL say we will run it past the lawyer, they then deal with their lawyer, the idea that the SPFL don’t get back to Rangers. Rangers then go to the lawyer and basically asking for answers.

"We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”. For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning."

Total spin. They are not denying that the Executive received Rangers requests for comment. Why didn't the Executive respond, or pass Rangers request onto their Lawyer?

They are saying they don’t have to accept the resolution because if it was passed it couldn’t be enacted?

however they want to change the rules to pay out cash based on an incomplete season?

they are rats absolute rats

We have two hours to get 25% of the Championship or League 1 + 2 on side.

That is far from an insurmountable task.

I trust that we are right now using the connections we've made with lower league clubs over the past 8 years.

I think you are absolute

Interesting how many of our fans on here immediately jump to the conclusion that the SPFL statement is 100% correct and start slating the Club again. Read the SPFL statement again - it talks about an email to the SPFL Lawyers. Rangers statement talks about trying to contact the 'SPFL Executive'. They are(the SPFL), to my mind, playing with words.
I think you are absolutely spot on here - semantics are their best (or worst) and we all know which section of society loves to play with words eg ‘armed struggle’ instead of ‘war’ in order that they could attempt to class their terrorist prisoners as ‘political’.

They are playing with words and it is vital nobody within our support fall for it.

Most fans of other clubs will take this as gospel - we need directors of other clubs to speak up.

As crooked as a dogs hind leg. They should be utterly ashamed of themselves, but saying “they” are complicit in Separate Entity FC and their child molesting, then cahoots to hand them a league is wee peanuts to this shower.

If the spfl say they can’t release funds until this goes through,
that could be in their rules or it’s a sort of blackmail.
poor club “ feck me, vote it through “.

Scottish Football is finished as of today.

A resolution put forward to ensure that all clubs in need of cash to ensure their survival during a global pandemic is being buried in a swamp of lies and spin as it goes against what the League governing body have already decided they want to happen.

The funny thing about it is that Rangers are taking a financial hit of around £700k as we are looking to evenly distribute the prize money among the whole league.

That was my immediate take. "It was only received at 10.18pm"

Is this because the lawyer responsible for it was told not to look at the emails / or it was withheld from them until that point?

I don't trust a single thing coming out from the SPFL. They're bent.

They are playing with words and it is vital nobody within our support fall for it.

Most fans of other clubs will take this as gospel - we need directors of other clubs to speak up.
We haven't a hope in hell of others club's directors getting involved in a spat between us and the SPFL/SFA. They know where the influence is and where the money comes from. Indeed lower league clubs would be happy to see us demoted again for breaking some obscure SPFL rule. If we take legal action that might be what they want.
In reality we have been screwed since day 1. Liewell has played a blinder.

We haven't a hope in hell of others club's directors getting involved in a spat between us and the SPFL/SFA. They know where the influence is and where the money comes from. Indeed lower league clubs would be happy to see us demoted again for breaking some obscure SPFL rule. If we take legal action that might be what they want.
In reality we have been screwed since day 1. Liewell has played a blinder.

Where does the money come from?

Interesting how many of our fans on here immediately jump to the conclusion that the SPFL statement is 100% correct and start slating the Club again.
Read the SPFL statement again - it talks about an email to the SPFL Lawyers. Rangers statement talks about trying to contact the 'SPFL Executive'. They are(the SPFL), to my mind, playing with words.

That all depends if you believe they are 'our fans'.
It would be interesting to see how many hadn't voiced an opinion then crawled out of the woodwork when the SPFL had released their statement.

Back