SPFL review delivers 'action plan' to increase income to £50m

Maybe if teams outwith us and Celtc actually tried to play football in the televised games, more people would want to watch the league in different countries?

Scary thought I know, but watching people slow walk to take a throw in, take 2 minutes to take a goal kick and 2 walls of 5 is not entertaining

Call me cynical but do scumtic really want the league to be worth more?
They have been able generate more than enough cash to be dominant domestically while in reality just do enough in Europe to stay wealthy.
An extra £2m is massive to most other clubs and might allow them to challenge them.
We of course are also able to generate fantastic European cash and will of course recover our own domestic prominence.
Having watched the first few league games with the opponents largely favouring hoof/thugball, surely we would welcome teams being able to improve enough to give actual football a go?

Maybe if teams outwith us and Celtc actually tried to play football in the televised games, more people would want to watch the league in different countries?

Scary thought I know, but watching people slow walk to take a throw in, take 2 minutes to take a goal kick and 2 walls of 5 is not entertaining
I often time the keepers dealing with goal kicks.
Craig Gordon & the aberdoom clown have actually taken 40 seconds on occasions and of course with no response from the referee.
Beaton waddling back to the centre at a snail’s pace doesn’t help

The only way Doncaster will bring significant money in is if he pulls a pair of tights on his heid and starts tanning bookies and post office's.

Tbf even if he isn't robbing a bookies a pair of tights or balaclava covering his coupon isn't a bad idea
He looks as if he permanently has a pair of tights over his head with that haircut.

All Stewart Robertson has to do is get his big boy pants on and phone the Presidents of Barcelona and Real Madrid and ask them what the Spanish words for cockwomble and leech is, then tell them we're being led by the former and sinking in a pit of the latter.

Then Cambell Ogilvie style suggest a 3 tier European Super League with full promotion and relegation with us and the paedos in it (if they behave!)

Next we tell Dungcaster and his bawbag mates that we'll allow them to have our Under 23s in their SPFL only if they agree to broadcast all the games live all the time.

Job done. Right where's my 15%? :))

1.Combine the SFA and SPFL into one body and remove 50% of the positions for suits and legislators. Remove all those that were placed in influential roles between 2012 and 2020.

2. Reduce the number of games to allow the players a proper pre-season and stop penalising clubs that reach cup finals in May.

3. Remove playground pitches from the four main leagues.

4. Fill stadiums in blocks to ensure that every available ticket can be sold. Remove the ridiculous situation where one end of the ground has fans locked out while the other stands are 50% full.

5. Consolidate the TV deal into one provider and allow clubs to show games not covered by that provider on their own channel.
That's a very good 1st 5

Call me cynical but do scumtic really want the league to be worth more?
They have been able generate more than enough cash to be dominant domestically while in reality just do enough in Europe to stay wealthy.
An extra £2m is massive to most other clubs and might allow them to challenge them.
We of course are also able to generate fantastic European cash and will of course recover our own domestic prominence.
Having watched the first few league games with the opponents largely favouring hoof/thugball, surely we would welcome teams being able to improve enough to give actual football a go?
I’d agree we should be open minded on that Q too mate .

It’s the equivalent of leaving them with no scope to rise a level or two therefore no risk . Somehow and I can’t understand why they seem to take it .

Bit like being bullied and saying thanks

Are they going to raise that figure in line with inflation? Otherwise pointless exercise. E.g by the end of this year they should be aiming for 55m in 2029.

I’m sure they will herald reaching their goal in 2029 when in real terms it will be the same or less.

Easy option. Get Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen negotiate next tv deal. If they can get more sack Doncaster, if not shut up.

The next plan is to take all their plastic bottles and cans to Sainsbury's and collect the 5p for each of them.

I have a feeling this is mega money will only work on the condition septic stays in the league and not punted for there sordid past..

TL: DR

is part of their plan to rub brass lamps and hope for a genie?

Or maybe play the lottery in hopes a win?

Or maybe Doncaster can hire another company and give them 10% off the top of any deal made?

Last edited:
Drain the swamp of all the rhats and that would be a good start. Doncaster and co have been wage thief’s for years.

1.Combine the SFA and SPFL into one body and remove 50% of the positions for suits and legislators. Remove all those that were placed in influential roles between 2012 and 2020.

2. Reduce the number of games to allow the players a proper pre-season and stop penalising clubs that reach cup finals in May.

4. Fill stadiums in blocks to ensure that every available ticket can be sold. Remove the ridiculous situation where one end of the ground has fans locked out while the other stands are 50% full.

5. Consolidate the TV deal into one provider and allow clubs to show games not covered by that provider on their own channel.
1/ Top, top priority. Absolute waste of what must be at least half a million per year.
2. Later start, bin the break. No need for less games.
3. Another top priority.
4. Agreed but impractical. It’s each individual club who are losing out here and need to find a solution.
Listening to the fans, when it comes to generating income to help compete, even survive, isn’t good leadership.
5. Definitely, this isn’t competition.

I often time the keepers dealing with goal kicks.
Craig Gordon & the aberdoom clown have actually taken 40 seconds on occasions and of course with no response from the referee.
Beaton waddling back to the centre at a snail’s pace doesn’t help
Getting a point for a draw (especially 0-0) does nothing to encourage the smaller teams to do anything other than sit deep and time waste.

How about 1 point if you score a goal and 2 extra points if you win the game ?

Nonsense on a par with the “Sell out Saturday” masterplan. All corporate speak and no detail or substance. As for the prime architect of the failure of Scottish Football, Doncaster, to endorse and thank everyone that is a joke in itself.

turd-polish.jpg

They need to stop focusing on the 42 clubs. Teams with a few hundred fans shouldn’t have a say in how the game should be run.

Not a whole lot of detail there is there?
Just words and back slapping. I guess they don't plan to share their ideas with the riff-raff.

IF, and it's a significant IF, they can get the SPFL working better commercially then it might be good. Who knows though.

No actual substance to this plan?Just that we have a plan!! Scottish football is a disaster that needs a dramatic overhaul.Have the SNP taken over Scottish football?

Part of the issue, and I don’t see how it is fixable in that regard, is that we have the volume of football fans in Scotland, they are just not spread out amongst the rest of the Scottish clubs. Probably about 80% of our domestic fan base, and the other mob, don’t actually go to games. So maximising the TV deals is a must, and they need to think outside the box.

For example, would streaming games live on YouTube worldwide, or in certain countries, bring in better advertising revenue? You see some folk earning £20m a year alone from YouTube, which is much more than the whole of Scottish football‘s TV rights. You also have the streaming outfits, who throw money at things for new, exclusive content.

You also want to make the game more attractive to the English market. You want it to look better on TV for starters, but what about playing some games, or at least kicking off, when there is no senior English games on?
I agree with much of what you say but the last point is tricky. They have lunchtime, teatime and sometimes evening games on Saturdays (plus the 3 pm shutout) and often lunchtime, mid and late afternoon games Sunday.

There are often Championship games on a Friday and sometimes EPL games on a Friday and often on a Monday night.

Trying to find slots with no English games is nigh on impossible.

here’s an idea where 3 of them (scumdee hiv, sheep & Edinburgh junkies) can improve theirs funding, sell more away tickets to rangers and scum fans as it’s embarrassing watching on tv their empty stands yet 1000s who would be willing to pay to go

Done better in 5 mins than doncaster has in his full term. Great suggestions

Anyone know off hand the following
1. How much it works out per game sky pay teams
2. What sheep & hivs have been charging away fans lately ?

Motherwell and Dundee United being involved in comissioning an increasing revenue report, then getting pumped out by an Irish team and a record Scottish pumping, has equal amounts of irony and schadenfreude.

Be interesting to see what the impact of rangers and that mob both in CL would do to Scottish football finances. That along with encouraging every club to give their excess seats to old firm fans would probably make it up, but they would never support a plan that gives is more tickets, and allows for greater league support when in a euro campaign.

Turkey's and Christmas.

Getting a point for a draw (especially 0-0) does nothing to encourage the smaller teams to do anything other than sit deep and time waste.

How about 1 point if you score a goal and 2 extra points if you win the game ?
Or prize money should be given out to teams who score the most goals over a the season

So they've conducted a review - what was the outcome? How do they get there?

It's like saying I've conducted a review which says I should aim to buy a mansion. Means %^*& all if I've no idea how I'll get there

Not sure where accepting less money per match for the new TV deal fits in with the headline but it's the SPFL morons we're dealing with.

I think that the two groups are separate entities if you will.B-)

SPFL are the ones negotiating the TV deal to come back to the clubs, who will hopefully tell them to do one and look at better options. This review group is the clubs coming to together to try and sort things out for the future of the game without SPFL input.

Whatever happened to Ernie Walkers SFA review decades ago. Seems Scottish footballs rationale for a "review" is that its a vehicle to pay wads of cash to certain appointed persons.

Without league reconstruction and a fairer play off system then what is the point of all this?

Well said sir, sensible & suggestions relatively simple to implement.

it's not really about wanting more people to watch the game. We currently aren't getting back what we put into the game through TV subscriptions.

Here's a wee starter.

Tannadice was just about full for the Alkmaar game but for their next home game 3 days later in the SPFL the stadium was just about empty.

If the Scottish football " supporters " are not going to turn up to help their own clubs then why should SKY help them out ???

I met a guy from Norwich at Spurs hospitality 10 years ago and he was scathing of the newly departed ex-Norwich chief exec, Doncaster.

How in the name of feck is he still in control of our entire league?
It’s down to one club…

Regardless of any useful actions raised in the paper, it will be nodded at by those in charged, ignored, and the wheel keeps on turning

What we have here is a plan that nobody knows what the plan is.
I might as well have a plan for Rangers to win the CL for the next 7 years (this is probably more likely than Doncaster and Co)
As for 50 million. what about inflation which will reduce this considerably.
Looks like a good start is Dumdee Utd getting knocked out of Europe 7 - 1. SKY will be really keen to increase their amount for our game after that effort.

An independent review of how the game should be run, delivered to the people who run and have been running it in such a manner that it required an independent review. In what other business do these people get to keep their jobs? I’m convinced Doncaster is a made man. Untouchable in the extreme.

Back