SPFL should make their own decision

Ask Brora Rangers...
No shame there.
Yes all clubs voted for them but only because the teams below them that could still mathematically win it could not afford it due ti virus.
The hounarble thing would have been for Brora to refuse but they never.

Brora are desperate to get into the SPFL.
CFC are desperate to get into the Champions League. 9ia is a side issue.

I wouldn’t necessarily have an issue with the SPFL calling the league finished as per the current standings and declaring Celtic as having “finished first”, however they shouldn’t be awarded the title of champions and shouldn’t be given the trophy. I think that’s a happy medium and sorts out the European spots for next year as well.

They’re obviously waiting on England. Should Liverpool be named champions there would be rush to declare Celtic as champions too.

On the other hand, if the decision down south is to go for null and void it puts them in an awkward position.

However, they’ll have an eye on the latest situation concerning the virus. This could cut both ways in terms of media coverage but you can sure any opposition from Rangers would be written off as being ‘in poor taste’.

Rangers have been shafted in terms of league titles. None won during WW2 count but all those during WW1 do - Celtic won 4 to Rangers 1. Even after WW2 was over, season 1945-46 is classified as the ‘Southern League’, despite Aberdeen playing in it.

Just seen the Belgium decision so if Scotland are to follow suit very conveniently I'm sure we all agree ,are we just to sit back and let them also enter into the cash rich Champions League as well if it ever takes place it's not on .
There was 1 game to play in belgium ,they were 15 points ahead.. if the spfl use that as a benchmark they they will be hauled up to court...

Season will either be played out or they’ll be declared champions. Uefa aren’t allowing entry to European competition if the leagues don’t declare final league positions.

Null & void isn’t happening anymore.
No Europe then if that's the case .

They are clearly waiting until such time as they can reasonably justify the decision to award the title to the mhanky mhob.
Hearts are seen as the main obstacle which is why they are considering restructuring the league to allow Hearts to stay up and, at the same time, promote Dundee Hibs.
There are, however, other issues.
Rangers have stated they are unwilling to accept the bheggars as Champions.
Hamilton would be happy as they escape the play off scenario.
In the Championship what happens with Dundee and Ayr who currently have a play off place but would be denied the opportunity to go up.
Do Partick go up or escape relegation - only two points behind but with a game in hand.
League 1 - only 1 point between Raith and Falkirk so do they promote both with a restructured league set up. If so what happens with Airdrie and Montrose currently in the play off place.
At the bottom Stranraer are 8 points adrift but with a game in hand and, potentially, an easier run-in. Do they go down.
League 2 is less problematic as Cove are well clear but, again, what happens to the teams in the play off places and do Brechin at the bottom get bombed.
This is why restructuring is the most likely suggestion as it will allow them to buy off teams across the leagues.
The teams further down the leagues may, however, be more interested in some form of financial solution now which can be achieved by calling the league unfinished with no winners or losers and prize money split evenly.
At some point they will come up with a proposal and it is highly unlikely, in my opinion, that it will be anything other than a means to gift them a title they have not won.
And they will celebrate like they have in fact achieved something.
And they will have achieved something - they will have shown the watching world just how scummy and pathetic they really are.
Time for my afternoon nap I think

The league Is either null and void or celtic become champions and Hearts are Relegated, nothing else will have sporting integrity. You cannot argue a club at the top wins the league while it's nearest challenger has 27 points to play for then avoid relegation because it's unfair .

The league Is either null and void or celtic become champions and Hearts are Relegated, nothing else will have sporting integrity. You cannot argue a club at the top wins the league while it's nearest challenger has 27 points to play for then avoid relegation because it's unfair .
Yes the same argument for top and bottom, or are we to restructure the whole league to please everyone namely Celtic, they shouldn't be going into the CL and making even more money once again at our expense it's not even up for debate.

That's what I mean they are cowards unable to make their own.
I don't think I like your idea. If they were to make their own decision I reckon it wouldn't be to upset the scum. Better wait on UEFA or at least wait on the EPL. They don't have an agenda like the SPFL.

Just read this:

Club Bruges will be declared champions with the current league table set to stand.

There was 'one match' of the regular season remaining when the league was suspended, with play-offs due to decide the top positions.

The league’s board of directors made the decision and have made a recommendation to the general assembly.

It will be made official on 15 April with a working group to decide relegation and promotion issues.

Club Bruges are 15 points clear of second-placed Gent at the top of the table.

I wouldn’t necessarily have an issue with the SPFL calling the league finished as per the current standings and declaring Celtic as having “finished first”, however they shouldn’t be awarded the title of champions and shouldn’t be given the trophy. I think that’s a happy medium and sorts out the European spots for next year as well.
Hearts to be relegated?

They’re obviously waiting on England. Should Liverpool be named champions there would be rush to declare Celtic as champions too.

On the other hand, if the decision down south is to go for null and void it puts them in an awkward position.

However, they’ll have an eye on the latest situation concerning the virus. This could cut both ways in terms of media coverage but you can sure any opposition from Rangers would be written off as being ‘in poor taste’.

Rangers have been shafted in terms of league titles. None won during WW2 count but all those during WW1 do - Celtic won 4 to Rangers 1. Even after WW2 was over, season 1945-46 is classified as the ‘Southern League’, despite Aberdeen playing in it.
Different treatment of two wars? Surely not?
Is this widely known?
Outrageous if true!

Of course they should.

Belgium doesn't have to be precedent.

Belgium isn't a precedent.

The Belgium league is not comparible to most other leagues, it involves play offs etc.

The Dutch articles on Ajax null and voiding their season state clearly that a line must be drawn through this season - not a line under - a line through. In Dutch speak that is Null and void.

Surely they would need our approval also and if they seriously want to give it to them Hearts need to go down and Dundee Utd come up if sporting integrity is to be observed and adhered to.

They will try to come up with a deal that will increase the number of clubs in the Premier league and solve that particular problem although it throws up another problem about the number of extra games to be played. That's why they are prevaricating over coming to a decision, trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

W.A.T.P.

Implied in the UEFA letter (new thread) that they don't want leagues cancelled yet and if any country does they may not qualify for European competition.
Not exactly what the poster implied.

To much interpreting vague statements going on in this thread. FF is hoachin' tonight :)

Nonsense? Let’s revisit your comment in a bit.

Nope. I'm out of this thread.

Tell the other posters where you read this:

any country that cancels their league may not qualify for European competition.

Also - declaring final standings is not a declaration of WINNERS. It's merely where an unfinished season ended.

Belgium isn't a precedent.

The Belgium league is not comparible to most other leagues, it involves play offs etc.

The Dutch articles on Ajax null and voiding their season state clearly that a line must be drawn through this season - not a line under - a line through. In Dutch speak that is Null and void.
I think ee can safely say there will be no null and void mate.

Also - declaring final standings is not a declaration of WINNERS. It's merely where an unfinished season ended.
Its all over the press. English and Scottish.

Apparantly what came out of the latest UEFA meeting

No please dont.

You're boring me already.
Hahaha nerves jangling?

I maintain that this is a false interpretation of what the uefa statement means.

Simply - they are warning about making final decisions “prematurely”, not saying at all null & void can’t be the final decision when all other avenues have been exhausted.

Why are you describing the split as a play off?

I've never ever heard of it called that.

Does it suit celtcs argument that we are comparable with Belgium?

Im not describing it as a playoff. I’m saying that’s what the SFa would argue

another twist :)

They should but there's no independent thought & they're shit scared of going against the mentally challengeds - folk earning a salary for doing nothing.

Think the EPL will try and find a way of finishing the season. Scottish Football will follow suit.

Their decision will be to award Celtic the title .we all know that will happen it's only a matter of time..

What's stopping them they are obviously scared of being taken to court by Hearts or Dundee Utd so they are hiding behind UEFA hoping they will make a collective decision for everyone, I'm guessing they are desperate to do so in fact they would have probably done so if it wasnt the minefield they will be entering into,our stance on it goes without saying once again they show they are not fit for purpose in running the game in Scotland.
o6lHghx.gif

Easy decision to make for them really.

1. Award Them the title no ongoing threat of legal action, Rangers meekly accepting it. Everyone else in Scottish football happy that this is a girfuy to Rangers

2 Do not award title to them and all hell breaks loose, only Rangers will be unhappy.

Back