Spfl Sky deal seriously devalued

We have 2 historically massive and best supported clubs in the UK. We have Steven Gerrard managing in the league. Yet our game seems to go down in value every time a new deal comes around. We can't even compete with much weaker leagues when it comes to finance and TV deals.

It's almost like this is being done on purpose. Nobody could convince me that anyone is this incompetent.

How that scumbag is still in a job is beyond me. Not only is he severely compromised by incompetence he's a corrupt piece of scum.

If we let this lie he will only be emboldened and will be even more corrupt we need to go to court. Even if we lose he will be compromised. Better than doing nothing.

Well done to @The Friendly Ghost for this thread yesterday on this.

I e-mailed Sportsound and Guardian (in the hope they would forward to Ewen Murray) to pick it up. Fair play to Bruce Archer for highlighting this - perhaps he saw TFG's thread. So glad someone in MSM has picked this up

The long and short of it is Sky have their full compensation for cancelled 2019/20 games with BT still to come.

Another SPFL shambles that they hid from the clubs (y'know, the clubs that are supposed to be the SPFL).

As an addition to this, those extra games to be shown live on Sky - does that prevent the home club streaming them for income?

Yet another shambles from this phucking imposter

mentally challengeds getting awarded a tainted title and to hell with the financial consequences

When the BT Sport money needs to be repaid the clubs might wake up and ask WTF is this idiot getting paid £400k a year

Sky are taking advantage of the Covid pandemic

Maybe a good negotiating team would highlight that Sky wouldn’t want the public to think they were shafting Scottish football as the viewing public might terminate their Sky deals in protest

You just need to listen to what Barry Hearn said about Doncaster and the spfl "They are not fit for purpose, and wouldn't last two minutes in his organisation "Doncaster is completely out of his depth,,get him to fu@k
I would say he's completely corrupt more than out of his depth. He's really good at being corrupt, so he's very in his depth as far as being a corrupt cvnt.

As exclusively revealed on here 24 hours ago by @The Friendly Ghost . Well done that man.

We all acknowledge Lawwell is a smart operator.

Why would be be thanking Doncaster for his efforts if it was not for the fact that Doncaster has aided one club at the expense of Scottish football collectively?

It's a tragic state of affairs.

Agreed, we lost this battle - hopefully we will win the war.

Our Board would have been thinking this even before the vote on our Resolution.

Whatever a lot of us think we cannot do this on our own , we need to continue building support.

As an aside, James Anderson (Hearts benefactor) has discussions with Neil Doncaster and perhaps others within the SPFL Executive (regarding the £2M donation). 24 hours later the Hearts supporters groups rip the SPFL a new arse hole.

Something afoot or an incredible coincedence? Only the latter if Anderson has no affiliation or contact with those prominent Hearts supporters groups who provide significant finance.

Interested how Bruce got that info, he mentions those incompetent chancers are set to deny it. He’s one of the journalists I generally respect and is very good with our club. Interested to see the developments.

So our club and 40 other clubs have been stiffed of many thousands of pounds, in this SPFL confidence trick. But not one chairman has took this to court as yet. What's it going to take to end the corruption in Scottish football?

To be fair, he's doing a sterling job for Integrity FC.
The Earl Haigs are 4 titles off 55, unless we at least fracture the cabal, then nothing is going to change. They are getting away with blatant corruption, it stinks and im sick of it.

SPFL dismiss 61 game Sky deal as 'entirely false' as they insist contract remains as status quo
It had been reported that the broadcaster would show extra matches without paying more to clubs.

The SPFL have dismissed as 'entirely false' a report that states Sky will show an extra 13 games for no extra cost.

It was reported that the broadcaster would show 61 games rather than 48 without paying any extra money to clubs.

That would reduce the cash on offer per game from £520,833 to £404,918, with the option to show five home games per club and six for champions Celtic.

Now though the governing body has hit back and insisted that the deal remains as originally set out.

A spokesperson for the SPFL said: "The article stating that the SPFL's deal with Sky Sports is for 61 games rather than 48 is entirely false.

"The journalist has been informed it's false and has refused to remove the story but, for the record, the Sky Sports contract is for up to 48 games per season as stated in all official communication from the SPFL."

Isn't there about to be or already has been an addendum to that contract though? I wouldn't believe McKenzie's weasel words.

How about agreeing to be interviewed by Tom English (can't believe I am saying that) rather than a wet lettuce tomorrow Neil?

Last edited:
SPFL dismiss 61 game Sky deal as 'entirely false' as they insist contract remains as status quo
It had been reported that the broadcaster would show extra matches without paying more to clubs.

The SPFL have dismissed as 'entirely false' a report that states Sky will show an extra 13 games for no extra cost.

It was reported that the broadcaster would show 61 games rather than 48 without paying any extra money to clubs.

That would reduce the cash on offer per game from £520,833 to £404,918, with the option to show five home games per club and six for champions Celtic.

Now though the governing body has hit back and insisted that the deal remains as originally set out.

A spokesperson for the SPFL said: "The article stating that the SPFL's deal with Sky Sports is for 61 games rather than 48 is entirely false.

"The journalist has been informed it's false and has refused to remove the story but, for the record, the Sky Sports contract is for up to 48 games per season as stated in all official communication from the SPFL."
Whoever is wrong is going to look really daft when sky have shown X amount of games next season.

This was a certainty to happen with that clown in charge at the SPFL will probably be awarding himself & his cronies a bonus for "a job well done"

Yet another shambles from this phucking imposter

mentally challengeds getting awarded a tainted title and to hell with the financial consequences

When the BT Sport money needs to be repaid the clubs might wake up and ask WTF is this idiot getting paid £400k a year

Sky are taking advantage of the Covid pandemic

Maybe a good negotiating team would highlight that Sky wouldn’t want the public to think they were shafting Scottish football as the viewing public might terminate their Sky deals in protest
SKY are only ensuring the terms of the contract are fulfilled. The decision to call the SPL is the only reason this liability has been implemented.
Lawwell was scared Liverpool(with a much bigger lead lead than Celtc) would not accept the EPL title in an incomplete season, which then looked quite possible. Otherwise there was no reason for the rush to call the league so early.
Dumbo and the rest of the SPFL board, would surely be unable to survive a vote of no confidence, even before BT put in their claim for compo.
The absence of a league sponsor and loss of prize money, will make the SPL even less competitive than it already is.
The behaviour of the whole board in calling the league is entirely responsible for the loss of income, a complete and utter shambles

To be fair, he's doing a sterling job for Integrity FC.
The Earl Haigs are 4 titles off 55, unless we at least fracture the cabal, then nothing is going to change. They are getting away with blatant corruption, it stinks and im sick of it.
So, how do we change it? How do we make it a fair playing field?

It's going to get a whole lot worse for them when bt demand the 6 million that there due for calling the season early that's nearly 15 million quid when you factor in that 7 million and the 1.5 million there paying over 3 years

I would say he's completely corrupt more than out of his depth. He's really good at being corrupt, so he's very in his depth as far as being a corrupt cvnt.
To be fair if ,he was really good at being corrupt, he wouldn't be caught out so much,,,lets agree he is a cvnt

We all acknowledge Lawwell is a smart operator.

Why would be be thanking Doncaster for his efforts if it was not for the fact that Doncaster has aided one club at the expense of Scottish football collectively?

It's a tragic state of affairs.

Somebody should be asking Lawwell why he thinks Doncaster is doing such a grand job.

Someone just ask the fat bastard for the love of god.

Apparently this all fake news and its still only 48 games they are showing

The SPFL say they have asked the journo to withdraw the story and he’s refused. That tells me the journo has solid evidence on this. I don’t trust journos but I’d probably trust Archer more than Doncaster.

The SPFL say they have asked the journo to withdraw the story and he’s refused. That tells me the journo has solid evidence on this. I don’t trust journos but I’d probably trust Archer more than Doncaster.
Lol gets more bizarre by the day

Back