SPFL to be decided on average points per game confirmed

If this happens we would be mental to start forking out £30/£40 for away matches next year and this is from someone who goes to almost every game.

%^*& helping out these diddy clubs no more.

Or even pick one or two clubs that vote for them and make an example- the games will be on tv anyway.

St Mirren and Killie (for the lols).

If this happens we would be mental to start forking out £30/£40 for away matches next year and this is from someone who goes to almost every game.

And I bet the prices will be higher with these wankers trying to recoup money.

The run at a tainted 10 must be maintained no matter the cost. All the shenanigans to get there will be swept under the rug as history gets re-written. A club and mhedia like no other, thankfully.

Let's be honest, yh
It’s simple, there’s 2 options...Completion or Null & Void with the cash dished out evenly. These are the only fair means to do this and if they choose anything else, that’s it f@cked once and for all, guaranteed imo.

They either do the right thing by adhering to proper sporting integrity and retaining some credibility which will allow the game to at least have a chance to repair and move forward or they can roll the dice and deal with the very real prospect of this being the final chapter in the long slow demise of the game in Scotland which will hurt every club to varying degrees and most likely finish a few off in the process.

They had all better think very carefully about the consequences should they ignore the obvious and only decision to be made in this situation.
Let's be honest.
The rest don't give a flying f##k about us or how we feel as a club.
They would happily kick us down the leagues again and again if they had the chance.
Null and void is seen as us being petty to avoid them getting the title. No other support or club, maybe hearts, are wanting it.
We will never win a vote in Scottish football.!!!

Obviously not!
But he is only 1 guy out of the board, he will be outvoted. And it’s also probably why this is for lower leagues only, not the SPL.
The premier league know the will end up in court by us and Hearts, and will also potentially piss off UEFA big time.

Exactly. The scumbags have had years to implement placemen in every facet of Scottish Football. It will take years to get the corrupt people out of those areas and impartial people into replace them.

So, they make the current standings final based upon average points.

So, they decide who they will nominate for European places on that basis

So, they divide prize monies on that basis.

Why does handing out trophies for titles not won have to even be a thing if you can do the first three anyway? I've never had that explained to me.

Obviously. Sporting merit and all that.
If Celtic is awarded the title, it could prove it’s for the greater good by forfeiting the prize money so that it can be distributed among all the other clubs who need cash - on the other hand, this is what it may use to bribe everyone.

This is probably the most unfair outcome, teams have played different numbers of games.. joke

The club needs to fight this, UEFA is clear that we should finish the league before June

They are desperate to hand it out
UEFA do not give a toss as to what happens in this football backwater

Let all the managers duke it out on FIFA or Football Manager against each other and stream it live.
Lets put all the managers into a cage like the old Nike adverts. One v One, knockout style. I reckon I know who'd come out on top!

There should only be two options.

1) Complete the league whenever we are allowed to recommence and restructure the following season to have a shorter campaign.

2) Null and void this season.

If there is a carve up to award them a title thet have not won and we do not vigorously fight against it I will be disgusted with the club. So much so I really would have to consider whether to go back or not. I do not say say that lightly.

The reason they havent included the Premiership yet is the SPFL dont want to undermine UEFA
Well yes that and the fact they’re probably drip feeding us knowing the league has virtually no chance of being completed and softening (in their warped minds anyway) the blow that Nae Shame FC will be handed the title.

The club should refuse tickets, and it should be made clear we do not want fans attending. Anyone choosing to do so should be treated the same as anyone choosing to shop in that Sports Direct store at the stadium. Pariahs

We all know who is behind this convoluted system . They are shameless and yes I believe they will celebrate their tainted title. They dont think like normal people and will convince themselves it is due. Look at the nonsense with Legia Warsaw. Any decent club would have forfeited their place but not them

The club should refuse tickets, and it should be made clear we do not want fans attending. Anyone choosing to do so should be treated the same as anyone choosing to shop in that Sports Direct store at the stadium. Pariahs
I wonder if King no longer being Chairman could say something publicly as a shareholder, strongly advising fans to only support Rangers at Ibrox and channel saves revenue back through other club avenues. Wouldn't be too hard to get say a Gough on board to say the players would understand no away fans

We all know who is behind this convoluted system . They are shameless and yes I believe they will celebrate their tainted title. They dont think like normal people and will convince themselves it is due. Look at the nonsense with Legia Warsaw. Any decent club would have forfeited their place but not them
At least with Legia the rules were in place at the start of the competition, what this abomination is God only knows

I wonder if King no longer being Chairman could say something publicly as a shareholder, strongly advising fans to only support Rangers at Ibrox and channel saves revenue back through other club avenues. Wouldn't be too hard to get say a Gough on board to say the players would understand no away fans
There's an element in our "support" that could have Steven Gerrard at their front door telling them not to go to away games and they'd still go. They're too staunch

Aberdeen and Hibs are certainties to vote for this Aberdeen still get their European spot and Hibs get to see their rivals relagated

Hibs biggest home game/(s) of the season is v Hearts.

Their gate receipts from games v Dundee Utd won’t come close.

There should only be two options.

1) Complete the league whenever we are allowed to recommence and restructure the following season to have a shorter campaign.

2) Null and void this season.

If there is a carve up to award them a title thet have not won and we do not vigorously fight against it I will be disgusted with the club. So much so I really would have to consider whether to go back or not. I do not say say that lightly.

Agreed. It would then become a huge decision for me. I attended my first Rangers match in 1968. If we as a club and support don't fight them being gifted the title ( another one! ) I might have attended my last.

This every day of the week
Interestingly, it doesn't say how many votes are required to pass the recommendation. 50%, 75%, 100%, who knows?
SPFL clubs to vote on curtailment of Ladbrokes SPFL Season 2019/20
SPFL clubs are to vote on a resolution recommending the termination of the 2019/20 season in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2

SPFL clubs are to vote on a resolution recommending the termination of the 2019/20 season in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2, with final season placings determined by points per game in league matches played to date by each club.
The resolution also recommends that matches in the Ladbrokes Premiership remain postponed for the time being, to give the best possible opportunity for the remaining 2019/20 fixtures to be played.
However, if the SPFL Board determines that the remaining Premiership matches cannot be played, the Ladbrokes Premiership would also be terminated, with final season placings determined on the same basis.
The Cabinet Secretary for Health announced on 17 March that NHS Scotland had been put on an emergency footing for at least 12 weeks until 10 June. In addition, the Scottish Government also publicly advised that expectations are that restrictions could remain in place for at least 13 weeks.
That means the remaining fixtures in Ladbrokes League Season 2019/20 and the related play-off competitions cannot be scheduled without significantly damaging the SPFL’s ability to start and complete, on time, League Season 2020/21 and next Season’s Betfred Cup.
The SPFL has therefore today circulated a written resolution to its 42 Member Clubs recommending that SPFL clubs approve:
  • the immediate termination of Season 2019/20 for the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2, without the remaining fixtures in the League being played;
  • all play-off competitions being cancelled; and
  • final season placings to be determined by the number of points per game earned by each club in the matches they have played. This would result in the following final divisional tables for Season 2019/20 in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2:
If approved, this would result in the promotion of Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, and the relegation of Partick Thistle and Stranraer.
If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21.
SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “These are extraordinarily difficult times for our entire country and, like every sports body worldwide, we have been wrestling with the enormous challenges caused by the outbreak.
“To their credit, every single club in the SPFL has been committed to completing the remaining fixtures for Season 2019/20, but they also all recognise we must prioritise the safety of players, officials and fans, and ensure our emergency services are given every possible assistance to focus on their vital work. Many football people have friends or family who are working with the emergency and health services or who have been affected by this awful virus and I have been struck by the strong sense of solidarity shown by everyone in our sport.
“The communication from the Scottish Government at least gives us a degree of clarity, meaning it will now be impossible to fulfil the remaining fixtures in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2 without causing huge financial damage and uncertainty for Clubs in those Divisions. We have recommended a way forward which we firmly believe enables the best possible outcome for Scottish football in these very demanding and unique circumstances.”
SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster added: “As a Board, we have consulted extensively with clubs in all four divisions since football was suspended on 13th March and have taken expert legal and commercial advice.
“Now is the right time to act. Very regrettably, we must face the reality that it’s simply not possible for the remaining Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2 fixtures to remain postponed without causing significant further financial harm to clubs in those divisions. Further, many of our clubs are experiencing very challenging organisational and financial circumstances.
“Everyone in our game and in the country generally, is wrestling with the devastating impact of Covid-19. They all know there are no easy answers or simple solutions, but the Board’s recommended proposal will give us a far greater degree of certainty, minimise the harm to the game overall, and enable us make end-of-season fee payments now to Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2 clubs.
“The position for the Ladbrokes Premiership remains particularly complicated. Everyone is aware of UEFA’s desire for the family of European football to work together to resolve the issues that confront us all. We are keen to work with UEFA and remain in discussion with them over the situation in Scotland.
“The quicker we reach a final position the better, but there is no doubt this is the most complicated and challenging situation our game has faced in living memory.”
There we have it - reconstruction to save Hearts. We are the only top league team to be shafted!

I’m bolding this as its our line in the sand

It should be void

But if its average points per game then it must be taken at the season midpoint when everyone has played once home and away.

It is completely unfair and unsporting for a team to lose out to an opponent who has had different fixtures since half way.

We approve of void and propose the only fair way to do average points per game if thats the majority decision is in a fundamentally sound (legally) and sporting manner using halfway point as an equal split of fixtures.

As per Michael Beale
Exactly - but will never happen as it would mean we win title if I am not mistaken!

A league can only finish when all matches have been played. If we can't do that then it is null and void. This vote is a form of null and void and as such I think if you say cash is divided based on the vote then that's fine however you can't call a team champions and another relegated .

Fair point but that would still be only 3 against. Need one more and I can’t see who that would be.
St Johnstone and Kilmarnock have nothing to gain by handing the mentally challengeds the title.

Whether teams would vote in their own self interest remains to be seen.

I don't particularly understand what everyone is so angry about.
I have seen shafted out the league mentioned etc..
We aren't even close to challenging for it. The way our form was going the points difference was only going to get higher.

Ah so “phase 1” is call the league as is

“phase 2” is then rush through league reconstruction so that Hearts are saved

Makes sense now.

How can a league be competitive when it’s only there to suit one team.. Rest assured if they get away with this they’ll get away with anything in the future..
Surely we won’t just come out with another statement.??
Robertson's already on record saying that if this happens Rangers will take it all the way. I suppose we will find out what all the way means now.

Back