SPFL U-turn

I don’t trust them one bit, but it makes sense to get the rules in place now, clear and defined, in black and white. With special attention paid to the small print.

We can’t leave it to the SPFL board to decide, or for future resolutions towards the end of the season when everybody votes to suit themselves. If sensible and fair rules are put in place now, then there should be no scope for clubs to push their own agenda to suit their current situation at the time.

Anyway, there is no real reason to stop the season unless directed by the government, and given pro football appears to be excluded from the new 5 tiered lockdown system, then it should be good to go (unless the virus spread gets horrifically worse). For the foreseeable future, it makes no sense, not even for the SPFL nor the Tims, to think about actually choosing to shut things down, as the financial fallout could be properly devastating for the vast majority of clubs in terms of lost sponsorship or even ST refunds.

Whether it is 50%, 75%, or 100% of games being played for a valid ‘completed‘ season, then it could equally work for or against us, dependant on our position. But any decision to call the season must be based on government decisions to ban pro football, not on the whims of clubs who are in a good position as it may stand. It is also important that rules are set in stone, and not as the headlines suggest, to be subsequently passed to the SPFL board to make a decision.

Last edited:
Would we though? I was hoping we would have at the end of last season.
The club couldn’t afford not to.
I think, if we were ahead on points AND points per game played, and we weren’t awarded the league, you’d see a massive shift in our acceptance of the current board.
How many season tickets need to be sold to keep the lights on?

What rangers should be pushing for now is a clear set of rules to cover all scenarios

even if it is declared null and void current league positions and points per game decide next seasons European positions not last seasons

null and void cancels ten

we get cl place

I believe that the SPFL have negotiated a £5,000,000 loan to benefit Clubs.

They will simply make the distribution of the funds contingent on something along the lines of “you must give us certain powers or you can’t get the money on time”

Clubs will cave in and It‘s basically the same tactic as last time allowing them to use the new powers to benefit one club.

Regardless of how they frame it they will get what they want.

I don’t trust them one bit, but it makes sense to get the rules in place now, clear and defined, in black and white. With special attention paid to the small print.

We can’t leave it to the SPFL board to decide, or for future resolutions towards the end of the season when everybody votes to suit themselves. If sensible and fair rules are put in place now, then there should be no scope for clubs to push their own agenda to suit their current situation at the time.

Anyway, there is no real reason to stop the season unless directed by the government, and given pro football appears to be excluded from the new 5 tiered lockdown system, then it should be good to go (unless the virus spread gets horrifically worse). For the foreseeable future, it makes no sense, not even for the SPFL nor the Tims, to think about actually choosing to shut things down, as the financial fallout could be properly devastating for the vast majority of clubs in terms of lost sponsorship or even ST refunds.

Whether it is 50%, 75%, or 100% of games being played for a valid ‘completed‘ season, then it could equally work for or against us, dependant on our position. But any decision to call the season must be based on government decisions to ban pro football, not on the whims of clubs who are in a good position as it may stand. It is also important that rules are set in stone, and not as the headlines suggest, to be subsequently passed to the SPFL board to make a decision.
But they are not putting any proposals on the table for teams to study & check. They want the power to call the league when they decide & wont tell clubs the criteria until they are given the power to do so . Rules should have been put in place before the season started . They have had plenty of time to do so , as last season was declared in April . They now think the chaos at the moment will force clubs to give in .

Lets face it we all know they are corruption personified and if other clubs fall for their bribes and blackmail then I don't know what we can do about it.
They are a cancer that is slowly terminating real football in Scotland turning it into a footballing backwater in order to keep the team they support on top by any means.
What do you do about it ? I don't have the answers the other clubs can do something but do they have the balls to take them on I doubt it, I think as normal they'd rather be on their knees to them.

The rules need to be clear and unambiguous. There can be no room for sleekit back room dealing.

No interpretations should be allowed but even if they achieve that I’d still put money on them putting the final decision to a vote. It’s that vote that will be compromised.

So if 90% of the league card has been completed, by say 75% of teams then the team with most points is awarded the league regardless whether the teams below have games in hand etc.

Then they put that out to the clubs to say whether they inactive that rule or not.

They will still hold the pen on Celtic being gifted another corrupt title and stopping 55.

Weren't we told this year that null and void was never an option as it would result in the repayment of sponsorship and tv money, no ability to pay out anything left to clubs and bankruptcy for most?

I highly doubt Neil and his terrific negotiating skills have subsequently made a deal with Sky and the rest to change this, so null and void remains off the table unless they want to confirm themselves as liars last season and open themselves up to us going legal.

Whatever mad scheme and powers they may end up with, if we are in the position we are now if the season stops in March, April or May, we will be champions, we just need to keep playing well as games continue and worry about other factors later.

They will simply make the distribution of the funds contingent on something along the lines of “you must give us certain powers or you can’t get the money on time”

Clubs will cave in and It‘s basically the same tactic as last time allowing them to use the new powers to benefit one club.

That was the SFA mate.

Take us out of the equation. Just think of who the spfl board are - predominantly clubs with their own self interest.

Like Brechin, the club who finished bottom but didn’t get relegated or a play-off

it’s fucking outrageous they were making up the rules and didn’t have to recuse themselves.

It’s absolutely corrupt and gross negligence that we didn’t start this season with rules already in place for deciding how to end seasons that can’t be completed, when last year ended in a huge bad of shite.

At the very worst case there should have been a rule that last years precedent was now the rule- the fact they couldn’t get the clubs to agree to that shows how “flawed” those decisions were and that they were only being backed by the self interested clubs who wouldn’t gamble that this year they’d be on the correct side of the equation.

I get so frustrated that industrial sized incompetence at best by Doncaster gets the reward of a salary that could run a lower league club

That was the SFA mate.
Okay thanks I thought it was the SPFL.

Still my point still stands in that the SPFL are likely to use their familiar tactic of offering some form of financial inducement/release of early prize money etc to get the votes for the powers they want.

The cabal won’t take too kindly in not being able to drum up enough support the last time they tried to get this through.

Personally, if a lock down came I would want our game to be put on hold till we can play again with current standings and for titles and relegations only occurring if all teams have played each other at least home and away.

However, I think if a lockdown comes in for a proper 2nd wave then they will try and null and void the current season.

To be honest, as sickening as it would be if we were top, it would still obliterate their pathetic "10".

Every cloud etc

It probably wouldn't, the press would no doubt pander to clowns like Chris Sutton and tell us 10 in a row would still be up for grabs regardless of a null and void situation this season.

Precedent set last season.
If it is declared null & void we should be marching to Hampden with torches aflame and pitchforks held high.

The rules aren’t being defined now though, the clubs will be voting on giving the spfl unquestioned powers to act as they see fit at some undefined point in the future

They won't set the rules though. They just want the power to call it the way they want, when they want.

SPFL statement 24th July 2020:

"SPFL clubs voted to curtail season 2019/20 for the Championship, League 1 and League 2, with the SPFL board being given the express power to curtail the Premiership.

"This express power was exercised on 18 May, following agreement by all Premiership clubs that Season 2019/20 needed to be brought to an end.

"Several SPFL clubs requested that the SPFL board bring forward a resolution, which would give the board the express power to manage Covid-19 related disruption during season 2020/21, without the need to seek rule amendments approved by clubs.

"Accordingly, a written resolution was circulated to all clubs, but this did not attract sufficient support to pass. *

"Following a discussion at this morning’s SPFL board meeting, the board have agreed to move forward in line with the clear will of the clubs.

"As a result, the existing rules will remain in place for season 2020/21, unless any member decides that it wishes to bring forward their own resolution in this area.
"

SPFL chief Doncaster added: "As a members’ organisation, it is vital that the board listen to the voice of our member clubs.”

Doncaster lying again.

* No vote was taken?

That was the SFA and in any case you can’t loan money for a stated purpose and then not use it that would be fraud

The alarm bells are ringing as this clown is up to something along with fhat Rhod McKenzie

No way can the null & void question be allowed as this sleekit cuunt said N&V was not feasible last year but it could be this time

So Sky are just going to accept no games ?

Prize money being returned would kill nearly every other club bar a few and maybe this is the mentally challengeds escape plan to England or the new Euro elite set up

There is definitely something being schemed by these crooked cuunts

Ridiculous that something was not put in stone at the start of the season.

Like it or not something has to be agreed by the clubs surely better than a decision by faceless men some months ahead.

As long as the club agrees what is to fear?

Noticed they have started taking action against Killie. Wonder if this is a tactic to try and scare the clubs into voting to hand the SPFL season ending powers to avoid further punishments in the event of postponements etc.

The only scenario that wouldn’t leave room for corruption would be one where Rangers were ahead on points and all fixtures had been fulfilled.

Given the impact of Covid-19 on clubs already, the second factor is open to doubt.

I don’t get this argument that null-and-void would scupper their claim to win 10IAR if they won next season.

It clearly wouldn’t. They would have won 10 consecutive titles of those awarded.

Another issue to beware is that if there were a null-and-void with Rangers ahead on points-per-game they’d still be demanding Champions League qualification based on their title ‘win’ last season.

hopefully sky stand strong and demand that the 2nd old firm game at Ibrox must be no 1 fixture after the split if covid is making it hard to fulfil fixtures.

Like we threatened last year with all the evidence we had?
I know what you are saying and was raging we didn't follow through with our dossier.
However I dont think the board could afford to do nothing. The fans have supported the club excellently with STs and MyGers knowing they wouldnt get a return this season. Broad inaction would, in my opinion, lead tp a fan revolt

Personally I think Liewell has sat down and realised what the long game for survival is now we are showing a threat to their plans.
Should they not win the league they also wouldn't get champion league entry/money and that is their nemesis, he can't allow this to happen or they could not continue to finance everything required to run the piggery and pay players. They also have next years court cases to think about which could bring claims for millions collectively and to finish I think they are still only paying the interest on the 30 odd million they owe the cooperative bank.

Back