Spfl want to void the league if covid forces a stop

As @Hap Hapablap says, the seed had been planted long ago. This is them just skirting around the issue just now, but they will have lobbied whoever they need to lobby in order to get the votes they require to push this utter shitshow through.

What I want to know is, who put these questions to the SPFL, and who decided on these final questions to ask the clubs?

It’s a questionnaire asking what clubs are and are not comfortable with. They have been asking these questions since before a ball was kicked. A bit less paranoia on here would be a godsend

All the questions put to the clubs were posted on here last week. Whilst voiding the League may be an option it’s misleading to suggest that is their aim or intent based upon that questionnaire. I suspect the clubs will only agree, at best, to voiding the League if we fail to complete 22 fixtures each, i.e. home and away. We have to get to at least the next OF game - and not necessarily in January. If it takes to April to get to those 22 fixtures then so be it, if it lets us ‘complete’ a season.

Things are going to get worse over the winter regards COVID-19 and the tramps. We build up a decent 9 point or so gap and they will void the league to give them another shot at 10 if and when things return to normal.

As @Hap Hapablap says, the seed had been planted long ago. This is them just skirting around the issue just now, but they will have lobbied whoever they need to lobby in order to get the votes they require to push this utter shitshow through.

What I want to know is, who put these questions to the SPFL, and who decided on these final questions to ask the clubs?
Their lawyers no doubt. No laughing now.

So will they be reversing the results of the games Celtic and Aberdeen played after they were postponed due to COVID ?

Utterly ridiculous that they’re only trying to sort this now.

A second spike was entirely predictable and if they’d shown any kind of leadership back in the summer, they could have got rules in place before the start of the season.

Can’t be changing the rules a third of the way into a season.

There is something brewing and would not be surprised if the poets are starting to cover their bases.

If we are about to be stiched up, I'd hope the club are already letting them know that a break away league is on the table.

Our commercial department is far more competent than the fuckwits at the SPFL. In a strange way, we may hold the cards.

Even if they were to stop it when we're
on top and call it null and void it wouldnt matter. In that scenario we win 55, their 10iar is finished, get it up ye. And we should celebrate like so. No matter what they say. Fairs fair after all

Last edited:
Back