Spfl want to void the league if covid forces a stop

Surely if as they keep telling us the integrity of the competition must be upheld, then it must apply to these games also.
Those clowns couldn't spell integrity, just their usual soundbites to have them frothing at the yellow, popcorn stained mouths

The key is the amount of games played that will avoid null and void. We need to know that up front, however they will use that if we are ahead and not played the minimum matches.

The only way the league would be voided is if the virus runs totally out of control and all movement is stopped.
If the league has to be stopped,it can be completed once the numbers are down again,just like they are doing with last season's Scottish Cup.
The precedent was set in 2008 when we were forced to play 5 games in 11 days,if it was ok to cram games in then it should still be ok now.

Where were these questions for last seasons league. They weren't so involved with clubs on decision making then... wonder why
Well, actually they were. They asked the clubs if they thought the league could be completed and we all voted no.

As for the questions raised here, they’re asking clubs for a consensus on how many games are acceptable to be able to conclude the season or void it. Not really ground breaking imo. Last season was into the final stages of the season so is different to say now where we are 1/4 into it. However the result should be the same. Team top on PPG wins the league regardless of position, that’s the precedent that was set

Just me that would want it voided? I say this as a fan of the league leaders. I’d never want to have to debate whether or not title 55 really counted. If we can’t play the full season void it. I want to do the cunts over the season.

Exactly, this is should have have been what was asked last season. But no, one option.. get the title to Celtic, fcuk everyone else

To answer

Try all of them
If you remember they didn’t have time to go through this process last season because the clubs needed paid prize money and the SPFL couldn’t give advances as they had never done that before and Celtic were top of the league and voiding the league meant the team with that seasons highest coefficient would get the CL place not celtic. In fact there was a transparent vote to approve it all.

This new system gives the SPFL Board the same power as before but without the unseemly pitfalls of a vote which could lead to uncertainty if votes somehow got lost and then turned up later with the ‘X’ mysteriously in a different place.

We could win all our games and say we have played 28 games. There may be other club who have yet to play the full compliment, let’s say they’ve played 23 games (due to covid). Wanna bet that they will take the lower figure as the measure of “insufficient”.
They set a precedent last year but that will not matter one bit, like Trumps goons they will find a way to declare this season unique and therefore the precedent should not stand.
Only if we are ahead mind you, big Pete will make sure of it.

Just me that would want it voided? I say this as a fan of the league leaders. I’d never want to have to debate whether or not title 55 really counted. If we can’t play the full season void it. I want to do the cunts over the season.

Business is business we really can’t afford to turn down a title and probably just as important being seeded for Champions league qualifying next summer on a principle.

Void means European places would be decided on the previous seasons positions given them a far easier route to £20-30 million jackpot.

All clubs agreed to these rules last summer including ourselves and the yahoos.

Truthfully though I can’t see Scottish football being stopped again it would be the end for about half the clubs and leave the league with another £10,000,000 liability to sky who would probably pull the plug at that point especially if England was still playing.

Not really what it says is it? It says they are asking for those powers, including calling the league again.
Agreed it is not really what it is saying.

Very misleading thread title.

Imo, now a precedent has been set, if at least half the fixtures are complete then the league can awarded to the first place team. There would be a condition that any teams behind first place don't have games in hand that could enable them to claim first spot.

What they mean is," please give us the power to award the Earls the title if they get their beaks in front and please give us the power to void the league if Rangers stay top with the Earls struggling.
Got it in one.

It is as simple as this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you remember they didn’t have time to go through this process last season because the clubs needed paid prize money and the SPFL couldn’t give advances as they had never done that before and Celtic were top of the league and voiding the league meant the team with that seasons highest coefficient would get the CL place not celtic. In fact there was a transparent vote to approve it all.

This new system gives the SPFL Board the same power as before but without the unseemly pitfalls of a vote which could lead to uncertainty if votes somehow got lost and then turned up later with the ‘X’ mysteriously in a different place.

Can I assume your first paragraph was black humour RFC ?

Things are going to get worse over the winter regards COVID-19 and the tramps. We build up a decent 9 point or so gap and they will void the league to give them another shot at 10 if and when things return to normal.
No, voiding the league would end 10 in a row.
The big issue for us is who enters the Champions league as winners if its voided when we are on top.

This isn’t a season with any spectators, the government have no issue with professional sport continuing on that basis so there will be no reason to stop sport this time.

Ask the SPFL to outline the circumstances a league will be stopped. They won’t have any. They are simply looking to protect Celtic.

So they want 'broad' powers and the right to void the league if 'insufficient' games are played (without defining what insufficient means) - absolutely stinking
That’s the big question for me.
Why not define what “insufficient” means.
It’s really not too difficult, is it?
It must be half the games for me, that way we’ll all have played each other home and away.
After that, whoever is top but only by average points won per game.
Can anybody argue with this?

That’s the big question for me.
Why not define what “insufficient” means.
It’s really not too difficult, is it?
It must be half the games for me, that way we’ll all have played each other home and away.
After that, whoever is top but only by average points won per game.
Can anybody argue with this?
Agreed

No, voiding the league would end 10 in a row.
The big issue for us is who enters the Champions league as winners if its voided when we are on top.
That was my issue last season as well.
Them, or us, getting the automatic slot (is that next season?)and a guaranteed £25m plus, if not ahead on average points, would be unfair.

Can see a 2008 "we couldn't complete the fixtures by 31st of May" situation coming in here.

The difference being that instead of forcing all teams with outstanding fixtures to play 8 games in 15 days, they'll void the league.

I might be missing something here but why do we have to stop the league? What are we stopping it for? To restart a new campaign which will undoubtedly come under the same pressures.

OK I understand Europe placements but that's the only dependency. Sort that and play the games when they allow with proper sanctions in place if clubs break rules.

I might be missing something here but why do we have to stop the league? What are we stopping it for? To restart a new campaign which will undoubtedly come under the same pressures.

OK I understand Europe placements but that's the only dependency. Sort that and play the games when they allow with proper sanctions in place if clubs break rules.
it's a load of absolute dung. while the virus is fluctuating back and forth, it clearly isn't going to return to the levels that caused calling last year's league early. (which was obviously very dubious even at that time).
The idea that we'll suddenly getting it sweeping round again to call the league is ludicrous.

Where does all the prize money go if they void the season? The board just keep it because apparently the can’t dish it out otherwise......

The precedent was set last season.

No-one cared about any ‘debate’.

It sounds like you want Celtic to benefit and Rangers to lose out when in exactly the same position.

Shameless corrupt feckers... why is the situation different from last season all of a sudden?

You can bet your life they will do their damnest to shut down the league before the half way point should out lead hold. They won’t want to take the risk.

We shouldn’t even consider it unless they took away the 2019/2020 title from the poets

You can’t decide mid season to start imposing 0-3 result on sides.

Sums up the amateur sh*tshow that is the leadership of our game.
If the league is called and then no one can fill a fixture the each club could receive the equivalent of a 3-0 win....that would be fine for us as we’ve already accumulated more Pts than the mhanks with the games we have played....55 has therefore been won!!

Nothing like being proactive eh. A 3rd (nearly) of the way through the season and they're just trying to decide now. They make it up as they go along

Why would the season not finish when players not have testing and need to be cleared before playing ? With no fans there I don’t see a scenario where it can’t be completed now.

Even with the shambles of last season, I would rather the 12 clubs voted on major issues than the Bhoard being given the power. Less chance of 12 clubs being influenced than the board IMO.
I would expect the league to be completed however.

Didn’t these fu*kwits not say last season if you null and void it no prize money can be distributed?if we are top when if it’s declared then surly the precedent has been set top team winners?Corrupt to the core.Any other league went down this road?

Back