Spfl want to void the league if covid forces a stop

The only way this could have been done objectively was to do all that before the season started. Now we’re off, the precedent has been set last season.

Had the clubs voted that null and void was the answer before a ball was kicked it would show the farce that last season was. There’s just no way they could do anything different from last season now.

These muppets are marching themselves laughing and joking right into the guillotine,The evidence of their corruption is plain to see,it would be proven in seconds at the CAS

Surprised they never came out asking if it was ok to stop the league and appoint the team in 2nd place as champions...

So they're not actually defining how many games are deemed 'sufficient to have been played until after the clubs give them the power to void the season??

Call me paranoid, but, If we're still top of the league it'll be exactly one more game than we'll have played at the point they decide to call it

Got to love they’ve got nearly all clubs crying about going bust, paying players to play games in empty stadiums, and the league are preparing to call it off and say it was all for nothing. Genius. If you start it you finish it, nearly everywhere else showed this can be done easily, trust the inbred Dingles in charge of our game to %^*& it up so badly and consistently.

Voiding the league will not stop 10. It means that no title race was able to be held this season and that the scum quest was delayed one year.
I disagree. The 9th title was awarded as the league couldn't be completed and the 10th is void.
They could go for their 10th consecutive title but could never call it 10 in a row. Especially if it is called with us on top.
Regardless of this, it is the least impressive run of titles in the history of football.

Precedent has already been set when they called the league on a points per game basis last season.
Yes, but ppg this season disadvantages one club, who already have outstanding fixtures piling up and will have more in a few months to fit in the cup matches they thought they wanted.

Say they have 3 games in hand and are 9 points behind. Outstanding fixtures eminently winnable, but on ppg, you would need a 100% record to get the full 9 points.

They are not stupid. They are aiming for a vague outcome where the rules can be made up to suit, under the guise of consulting member clubs.

Interestingly, their unassailable lead from last season, if we only count fixtures played with last years top 6 this season, would be getting close right about now, if results so far were applied to last years competition.

You can’t decide mid season to start imposing 0-3 result on sides.

Sums up the amateur sh*tshow that is the leadership of our game.
Genuinely baffles me that they didn't have the foresight/common sense to set things in place before a new season was started.

Did they honestly expect that this league season would be played out with no issues.

Obviously last seasons events caught everyone by surprise but they would surely now be aware that asking teams to vote on things midseason is a hugely flawed system. Or am I being too rational?

The league won't be voided. The argument last year was that Sky wouldn't be too happy with that, and would look to re-coup their money. The SPFL lied and obfuscated to get Celtic a title last season and it took a hefty toll on the relationship with our TV broadcasters, who would have been assured they were getting a full assortment this time around. It would be financial suicide for 40/42 clubs to void it now. Look at the trouble Dundee Utd are already in.

The other clubs might be happy to give Celtic control when it doesn't matter to them, but they aren't going to tank their own clubs for it. I've no doubt there will be some foul play attempted, but voiding isn't a serious concern.

The precedent was set last season.

No-one cared about any ‘debate’.

It sounds like you want Celtic to benefit and Rangers to lose out when in exactly the same position.

this is true. As you say precedent was set.

however I don’t want to be telling my weans about where I was when the zoom call was made awarding us our first title after 2012.

the tramps wouldn’t care and would take a title willingly in any circumstances including during a pandemic.

I just wouldn’t be able to get excited about it.

Yes, but ppg this season disadvantages one club, who already have outstanding fixtures piling up and will have more in a few months to fit in the cup matches they thought they wanted.

Say they have 3 games in hand and are 9 points behind. Outstanding fixtures eminently winnable, but on ppg, you would need a 100% record to get the full 9 points.

They are not stupid. They are aiming for a vague outcome where the rules can be made up to suit, under the guise of consulting member clubs.

Interestingly, their unassailable lead from last season, if we only count fixtures played with last years top 6 this season, would be getting close right about now, if results so far were applied to last years competition.

I was thinking that myself mate. We would basically be one victory against them and one more defeat or draw by them by another team to overcome their ‘unassailable’ lead.

I was thinking that myself mate. We would basically be one victory against them and one more defeat or draw by them by another team to overcome their ‘unassailable’ lead.
It’s been annoying me for a while now. Don’t think a schedule of matches was ever made up ie which games were home/away. Presumably to prevent any kind of retrospective calculation of that sort. If we win the next OF game it might be worth a shot though!!!

If it voids and a bunch of im always right scots start giving us lectures how the spfl are correct in voiding it. I can see me getting into trouble haha

So the financial ramifications of voiding a season with 8 games to go were of a degree that Scottish football would be ruined, but the ramifications of voiding a much larger number of games wouldn't be?

Part of why there was a rush to call the league was because games behind closed doors were seen as an unworkable option, but we're now a quarter of the way into a season where all games have been played that way. With no fans in the grounds, the usual public safety/fan travel requirements for games don't have to be considered, and a much more aggressive schedule can be implemented, if necessary to finish the season - similar to the format used for completing the Champions and Europa Leagues.

Taking us aside, So if they null and void the season after declaring places last year that would mean Hearts, who got relegated on a vote last year, would have to remain for an extra year in the Championship on the back of another vote (despite clearly being the best team there). Surely to God they would actually have to put up more of a fight this time!

So if they null and void the season after declaring places last year
..........................after telling everyone last season, on the record, that Null & Void was impossible, couldn't happen and wasn't an option. Such is their brass neck it now appears as an 'option' in their questionnaire.

IIRC there were 1001 reasons given by the cabal as to why voiding the league was impossible at the end of last season.

The cabal‘s work team are in the shit and have no road map outa said shit and hey presto voiding the league doesn’t seem to be a problem any more.

Who’d have thunk it?

They really are utterly shameless.

Correct. Null and void is impossible or that's what we were told.

People have badly misunderstood this and gone off on one.

Look at the questions in order.

Question 4 asks how many games need to be played for a result to be given (the MINIMUM this can be is however many games were played last season, just by the by)

Question 6 asks, IF the number in question 4 is not reached, will you give us power to void the league.

I get that people are paranoid with this shower, and with good reason, but this is not one of those occasions, the title of the OP is batshit mental and this thread is a bit of a red neck in all honesty.

The club should be issuing a statement that at the very least would put pressure on the SPFL to be completely clear about the rules they propose.

It’s all far too ambiguous at the moment - which is exactly what the SPFL wants.

They want flexibility so they can decide what to do depending on who's top. Our problem is no one cares outwith us and them as it doesnt affect others too much.

So the financial ramifications of voiding a season with 8 games to go were of a degree that Scottish football would be ruined, but the ramifications of voiding a much larger number of games wouldn't be?

Part of why there was a rush to call the league was because games behind closed doors were seen as an unworkable option, but we're now a quarter of the way into a season where all games have been played that way. With no fans in the grounds, the usual public safety/fan travel requirements for games don't have to be considered, and a much more aggressive schedule can be implemented, if necessary to finish the season - similar to the format used for completing the Champions and Europa Leagues.
After this weekend, we will have completed more than a third of the season. This could turn out to be another Clusterfuck from the SPFL

People have badly misunderstood this and gone off on one.

Look at the questions in order.

Question 4 asks how many games need to be played for a result to be given (the MINIMUM this can be is however many games were played last season, just by the by)

Question 6 asks, IF the number in question 4 is not reached, will you give us power to void the league.

I get that people are paranoid with this shower, and with good reason, but this is not one of those occasions, the title of the OP is batshit mental and this thread is a bit of a red neck in all honesty.
Not sure I would agree with your MINIMUM comment mate. I think most clubs will feed back that they think if we get to the point where everyone has played the opposition twice, home and away, then that is sufficient to say the season is complete and the team on top are Champions.

I'd also argue that if we get to 2 Jan and some teams have still to catch up to reach that 22 fixture figure then all other games, if necessary, be held in abeyance until that point is reached.

Overall though you are correct, folk are jumping in and focussing on one point when it's actually a wide-ranging questionnaire with many options. Albeit a few months too late in the making.

Not sure I would agree with your MINIMUM comment mate. I think most clubs will feed back that they think if we get to the point where everyone has played the opposition twice, home and away, then that is sufficient to say the season is complete and the team on top are Champions.

I'd also argue that if we get to 2 Jan and some teams have still to catch up to reach that 22 fixture figure then all other games, if necessary, be held in abeyance until that point is reached.

Overall though you are correct, folk are jumping in and focussing on one point when it's actually a wide-ranging questionnaire with many options. Albeit a few months too late in the making.
Sorry, what I mean is that they cannot make any argument for MORE games than last season being required. I did not express it very well.

They want flexibility so they can decide what to do depending on who's top. Our problem is no one cares outwith us and them as it doesnt affect others too much.

Doncaster et al have a track of making misleading and/or deceitful comments.

How can we be sure they would ever be honest about the responses they receive?

One concern is obviously the willingness to end the season on May 31st. Would that be the case if a club only needed to play a couple of matches to win the league - especially since the 2019-20 Cup was delayed for months?

However, Rangers should be proactive and not sit back as usual and find ourselves outmanoeuvred.

Q.4 states how many fixtures need to be completed for the result to be valid.

The answer is of course, all of them. That's how a league works, an even amount of fixtures, an even playing field, with no advantages. The fact that they pissed all over that last year changes things. Now it doesn't matter how many games are played, if it shuts down, call it as it is. It's farcical, obviously, but it was a farce last season, so might as well put the tin hat on it.

And if they do call it, say after 20 games, and Rangers get awarded it (I know) put a big giant asterisk next to it for a title won in an incomplete season. And while you're at it, stick one next to last seasons "champions"

If we’re top!! Spfl- as the league has be halted due to the pandemic the league will be called as void and previous titles will still stand from the previous seasons and just roll over to next season.
would that surprise anyone lol

Start of a long game by the SPFL. First step: find out who Peter and Neil need to have robust conversations with.

Back