Spiers: A horrendous week in Europe makes me think, ‘thank God for Rangers’

A football journalist who doesn't actually understand the game and cannot offer anything insightful regarding it.
Scotland is unique in this aspect of football journalism.
The sooner people like Spiers are put onto the dole queue the better for the game in Scotland.
He and his like-minded agenda-driven fellow clowns have brutally damaged football in Scotland, Hopefully, it can yet be repaired.

Hes not really saying much at all must be great getting paid for it prob takes 10 mins ....., Celtic lost to a poor side, Aberdeen even worse more of the same from Del, but Rangers were quite good and made it through and could possibly/maybe even challenge for the league. And also that lady got drunk and said bad stuff to some players but that happens sometimes if you have a few beers and you are gutted about losing a vital match. fs.

Somebody help me please I don't understand his choice of words,apparently our match against the Danes reeked of attacking football WTF does he mean?

“Celtc would not have been more calculated and efficient in seeing Wednesday’s game out”

The game was played on Tuesday, I guess Spiers copied someone else’s match report while pretending to be at the game, as he normally does.

Somebody help me please I don't understand his choice of words,apparently our match against the Danes reeked of attacking football WTF does he mean?

I agree this is an odd choice of word. In most contexts 'to reek' has a negative connotation. I assume he means exudes here, so why didn't use that? Does he struggle so hard to use a positive term when writing about us? His use of the word depraved at the start of the article is also interesting, maybe unconsciously hints at what he has tried so hard to avoid talking about. There is a long, almost depraved, tradition of humiliation in Scottish football.

Anybody who thought that Aberdeen should qualify again Rijeka knows nothing about european football.

Spiers knows feck all about football, indeed I'd go so far as to say that he has no real interest in the sport of football itself. The only thing that he is interested in is the 'soap opera' surrounding the Old Firm, us in particular, as that is how he can pedal his sad wee agenda to line his pockets

It threw up sudden, jolting questions about Lennon and where he is taking Celtic.
Clueless, deluded or just feigning ignorance?

Because one thing's for sure, he can't not know about the rumbling ongoing debate about his suitability (or lack of) for the job, no more so than from within his own supporters.

If it wasn't so transparently predictably disingenious it would be funny. Instead it's just nauseating.
By a horrendous week, he means The Rangers won and both Sheep and Paedo FC lost.
Bang on. I'm sure it would have been described somewhat differently if the positions were reversed. Any fair minded person, which Spiers clearly isn't, would surely reserve that kind of language for occassions when ALL our representatives hit the skids. It's almost as thought the dissapontment of certain teams outweighs the achievement of particular others, by default, in this country doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Everything that’s wrong with Scottish football is in that article.The one side who swept away the side they faced,gets the least amount of this absolute clowns ramblings.
Scottish football hated itself to death.

scattily being in a position to win the tie three times

O really? They were 2-1 up then 3-2 up. That was it. I make that twice Graham. Scat, right enough though.
Had to think about this unfortunately but the Scum were going through when the game started as well, on away goal difference.

Back