SPL fixtures - 9am Today

Fixtures for the upcoming season released tomorrow. Who do we all want first game/see us getting??

I feel we’ll get a tricky one such as motherwell or Hibs away. St Pats Ath will no doubt get ross county or St Mirren for there first home game

The first tims game is at Ibrox this season.
They’ll want us to have as difficult a start as possible so that we can’t be opening up any kind of gap.

Look for something like:

Hibs (A)
Killie (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Celtic (H)

For them it’ll be something like:

Hearts (H)
St.Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)
Rangers (A)

Last season we had Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic away in the first quarter, so they should be getting the more awkward fixtures in the first quarter this time. Theoretically.
They probably won’t though.

They’ll want us to have as difficult a start as possible so that we can’t be opening up any kind of gap.

Look for something like:

Hibs (A)
Killie (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Celtic (H)

Hearts (H)
St.Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)
Rangers (A)

Last season we had Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic away in the first quarter, so they should be getting the more awkward fixtures in the first quarter this time. Theoretically.

So a guaranteed 12 points

For us.

We will be playing Hibs and Motherwell at Ibrox first.

Hearts away is my guess.

I reckon Hibs or County away on the Sunday 12pm kick off- poets will open with St Mirren at home on the Saturday

First game will be away I’d suggest.
I know, what I meant was we won't be playing Hibs or Motherwell away in the first game, as the OP suggested, as we are due to play them at Ibrox first this season, due to playing them away first last season

It will be a tough one along the lines of hearts , hibs or sheep as they’ll be hoping we drop points early doors again .

I genuinely didn't realise that there was any kind of system in place like this.
Yes there is, but this is slightly adjusted each season based on the league table the previous season, obviously the idea is that if the top 6 is the same this season as last season then the home/away matches between the teams balances out correctly after the split.

Yes there is, but this is slightly adjusted each season based on the league table the previous season, obviously the idea is that if the top 6 is the same this season as last season then the home/away matches between the teams balances out correctly after the split.
I would say 4, maybe 5, of the top 6 are pretty much guaranteed

I think based on last season we are due to play Hearts, Killie, St Johnstone, Ross County and St Mirren away in the first round of games.

So it could any of them on the opening day.

It’ll be the rest of last season’s top six to start off with, I suspect. Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts away; Killie and the filth at home.

I genuinely didn't realise that there was any kind of system in place like this.
Officially at least, the only input into the fixture compilation is that the champions get home games on opening day.
Championship champions as well.
Also, the Rangers v C****c first home game alternates each year.
There might also be that teams request not to play home games on certain dates, for example, Hearts not being at home when there is Scottish international rugby taking place.
Then, of course, is the never publicised, unofficial, rule that the scum don’t get a home game on Remembrance weekend.

Look for something like:

Hibs (A)
Killie (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Celtic (H)

Hearts (H)
St.Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)
Rangers (A)

This. The ‘fixtures computer’ will no doubt ahem randomly give us an extremely tough opening, perhaps away to HIV’s, home to Kilmarnock, away to the sheep and then away at Hearts before the paedos come to Ibrox, while they will get Ross County at home, St Mirren away, Hamilton at home and then St Johnstone at home.

We got to play them all,at some time or another,as long as we are not allowed to be “kicked “all over the park,losing key players!
Hopefully the gaffer,with a season under his belt,will have the measure of most teams,and we come flying out of the traps,and laying down markers!

This. The ‘fixtures computer’ will no doubt ahem randomly give us an extremely tough opening, perhaps away to HIV’s, home to Kilmarnock, away to the sheep and then away at Hearts before the paedos come to Ibrox, while they will get Ross County at home, St Mirren away, Hamilton at
This. The ‘fixtures computer’ will no doubt ahem randomly give us an extremely tough opening, perhaps away to HIV’s, home to Kilmarnock, away to the sheep and then away at Hearts before the paedos come to Ibrox, while they will get Ross County at home, St Mirren away, Hamilton at home and then St Johnstone at home.
We cant get Aberdeen away first few games. all fixtures are reversed from last season

We'll be away to Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic and Kilmarnock over Xmas & New Year. A crucial part of the season. We dropped points all over the shop last year during this period. Can't happen again.

It doesn't matter, when Warburton was the manager we had an easy start to the season and proceeded to make a rip roaring James Hunt of it.

We should be able to beat whoever we play.

I wonder what shambles of fixtures Rangers will get?

Make no mistake this shower of Sh*te will try to stop us getting 55

I think based on last season we are due to play Hearts, Killie, St Johnstone, Ross County and St Mirren away in the first round of games.

So it could any of them on the opening day.

St Mirren would do nicely to get us started.

Now that the first european games are drawn they can manipute fixtures to ensure septic are at home after travelling abroad in europe.It's been done for years by the mentally challenged in charge of compiling the fixtures.o_OParanoia rules ok.

Look for something like:

Hibs (A)
Killie (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Celtic (H)

Hearts (H)
St.Mirren (A)
Hamilton (H)
Rangers (A)

But its a random draw by a computer.;);)

Back