SPL fixtures - 9am Today

If we assume they will reverse the home/Away fixtures from last season and assuming it wont be the Tims, it would mean we will be away to one of the following :

Hearts, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Kilmarnock or Ross County

so one of Hearts or Killie I reckon

We play the same teams as Celtic over the course of the season mate.

Leave the paranoia to the tramps.

I see this point made in general discourse around fixtures by fans of a lot of teams, but it completely ignores the impact of momentum and confidence in a side which can be a huge factor in where the prizes end up.

I’d rather have an even distribution of difficult games throughout the season than a potentially morale sapping run of difficult games on the bounce, particularly in a league like ours where it is a week to week race.

Always chortle at the paranoia on these threads.

Hamilton and Motherwell first games in 2016 and 2017.
I remember last year I looked up our opening fixtures from the past 30 years.

Was something like Aberdeen away x3 with the odd Hearts , Hibs and Killie thrown in. It's know where near as bad as people make out.

Last edited:
I remember last year I looked up our opening fixtures from the past 30 years.

Was something like Aberdeen away x3 with the odd Hearts , Hibs and Killie thrown in. It's know where near as bad as people make out.

We'd won the league 16 times in there though. Sheep away x 3 of a possible 13 occasions is odd

Our opening fixtures the past 20 years
18 - Aberdeen a
17 - Motherwell a
16 - Hamilton h
15 - St mirren h
14 - Hearts h
13 - Brechin h
12 - Peterhead a
11 - Hearts h
10 - Kilmarnock h
09 - Falkirk h
08 - Falkirk a
07- Inverness ct a
06 - Motherwell a
05 - Livingston h
04 - Aberdeen a
03 - Kilmarnock h
02 - Kilmarnock a
01 - Aberdeen a
00 - St johnstone h
99 - Kilmarnock h
98 - Hearts a

We dropped points after three of the Europa qualifying legs last year.

We can’t allow that again.

the disgrace last season was after 4 games, every premier league side had played 2 home & 2 away
apart from 2 teams

Us and them - they had 3 home, we had 3 away

Rangers & them opening fixtures last 3 seasons (Bheasts had a home game v Thistle cancelled for some reason)

2016/17

Hamilton Home...../....Hearts Away

Dundee Away...../......St Johnstone Away

Motherwell Home..../...Aberdeen Home

Kilmarnock Away..../...Rangers Home

Celtic Away

2017/18

Motherwell Away..../....Hearts Home

Hibernian Home..../.....Partick Thistle Away

Hearts Home....../......Kilmarnock Away

Ross County Away..../...St Johnstone Home

Dundee Home...../.......Hamilton Away

2018/19

Aberdeen Away...../.....Livingston Home

St Mirren Home..../.....Hearts Away

Motherwell Away..../....Hamilton Home

Celtic Away....../.....Rangers Home

Dundee Home....../......St Mirren Away

We've played Motherwell away first and Dundee home first in last two seasons.

Tricky away midweek fixtures while the mentally challengeds get Hamilton at home , timing is everything in these fixtures.

See if its a random draw of fixtures, how come we always tend to play the Scum around the same time every year?

That game is fitted in around existing European dates where there is issue on movement

They also want a Festive fixture included

For other fixtures they have in to account other events that take place as well

Rangers & them opening fixtures last 3 seasons (Bheasts had a home game v Thistle cancelled for some reason)

We've played Motherwell away first and Dundee home first in last two seasons.

Celtic v Partick was postponed due to them taking part in the International Champions Cup

Last year some of our fixture didn't flip to sort out a fixture imbalance

We should have visited Dundee, Hearts and Motherwell twice presplit and Livingston should have came to us twice pre-split

I think everyone can guess we are going to be front-loaded in the first ten games with trips to the Sheep Pen, Ross county just before a crucial European qualifier, two trips to the worlds worst plastic pitches and an away trip to the Edinburgh poets.

Folk going on about us getting harder fixtures than them at the start. I don’t care about who we are playing we need to win every game so we can to be lifting the league whether that is Aberdeen away or St Mirren at home.

Not fussed at all who we play. We've got players in now that can and will turn last seasons draws into 3 points.

Confident Loyal :cool:

I think everyone can guess we are going to be front-loaded in the first ten games with trips to the Sheep Pen, Ross county just before a crucial European qualifier, two trips to the worlds worst plastic pitches and an away trip to the Edinburgh poets.

Aberdeen and Hibs come to us in the 1st 11 fixtures

Wonder if we’ll be given the more games on AstroTurf pitches this year.

We got Livi away and Hamilton away twice last year. Killie are a stick on for top six so we should get them twice again.

Wonder if we’ll be given the more games on AstroTurf pitches this year.

We got Livi away and Hamilton away twice last year. Killie are a stick on for top six so we should get them twice again.

Livingston and Hamilton come to us twice and we will be at Kilmarnock twice pre-split

Back