SPL we have the oldest team in the league

We are the oldest at 27.6. We were the oldest last year too.

Whether that means anything is another thing.

The fact we are still relying on a 40 year old goalkeeper and 37 year old midfielder is the more worrying point to me regardless of the average.

Reading we have the oldest squad in the league. Depressing and shows how much of a mess the last 5/6 transfer windows have been. The utter mess Wilson has created will have lasting affects the on our player trading model. He can not be given anymore windows he’s already set us back 2/3 years as that’s how long it will take to fix his mess.
Did you read that on yahoo st?

Our average age when we won 55 was 27.7, which was quite a jump from the previous season, and higher than last season, a team that got to a European final.
That and the fact that most ex players/ pundits etc reckon 28 is your prime makes it something not even worth moaning about.

Don’t feel strongly about any of them staying. Many are past their shelf life at the club.

Once mcgregor, Davis Arfield and possibly McLaughlin retire at the end of this season we will have one of the youngest squads in Scotland

It’s skewered because of those players

The day the above players are all moved on can’t come quick enough.

McGregor, McLaughlin, Davis, Arfield and Jack.

Will take him 2/3 yrs to shift the crap he’s signed. Can slate me all you want it won’t change the age of the players.

McGregor 40 odd
Mcglaughlin 35
tav 30+
goldson 29
Sands 22(on loan)
Davies 27
borna 29
Lundstrum 26 ,
Davis 37 ,
jack 29,
Arfield 33
Lawerence 28
Tillman 20(on loan)
Roofe 29
Colak 29
Morelos 26 (8months left on deal)
Kent 25 (8 months left on deal)

That’s the backbone of our team. My point was where is the player trading model coming from that.

That’s grim reading and if the puff pieces coming from the board about money falling from the sky is anything to go bye then it’s 2/3 years to fix.
It will not take 2/3 years to shift McGregor, McLaughlin, Davis, probably Arfield and possibly Jack. Their time will most likely come to a natural end after this season. That alone will significantly reduce the 'average age'. We have guys like King, Lowrie, McCann, Devine etc knocking on the door of the first team. It's too early to write off Tillman and Matondo. All guys aged around 20 years old who could be first team regulars before too long. I simply don't get this idea it will take 2 / 3 years to solve a non-existent problem. We have issues, yes. I just don't see this as one of them.

It will not take 2/3 years to shift McGregor, McLaughlin, Davis, probably Arfield and possibly Jack. Their time will most likely come to a natural end after this season. That alone will significantly reduce the 'average age'. We have guys like King, Lowrie, McCann, Devine etc knocking on the door of the first team. It's too early to write off Tillman and Matondo. All guys aged around 20 years old who could be first team regulars before too long. I simply don't get this idea it will take 2 / 3 years to solve a non-existent problem. We have issues, yes. I just don't see this as one of them.
This is the key thing for me. Squad is good enough to compete for and win the title but we will need to get the younger players in soon and then the value of our squad should get better also with the player trading model in mind also. Not a huge amount of sell-on value in our starting 11 which is my biggest worry short term

Biology.

In the average athlete their athletic ability peaks when they are 26 because of biology.

Younger teams are able to play to a higher intensity for longer.
This a nonsense statement

Athletes in different sports peak at different ages on average. And it's precisely that. An average.

Will take him 2/3 yrs to shift the crap he’s signed. Can slate me all you want it won’t change the age of the players.

McGregor 40 odd
Mcglaughlin 35
tav 30+
goldson 29
Sands 22(on loan)
Davies 27
borna 29
Lundstrum 26 ,
Davis 37 ,
jack 29,
Arfield 33
Lawerence 28
Tillman 20(on loan)
Roofe 29
Colak 29
Morelos 26 (8months left on deal)
Kent 25 (8 months left on deal)

That’s the backbone of our team. My point was where is the player trading model coming from that.

That’s grim reading and if the puff pieces coming from the board about money falling from the sky is anything to go bye then it’s 2/3 years to fix.
I don't think you know what puff pieces means

Reading we have the oldest squad in the league. Depressing and shows how much of a mess the last 5/6 transfer windows have been. The utter mess Wilson has created will have lasting affects the on our player trading model. He can not be given anymore windows he’s already set us back 2/3 years as that’s how long it will take to fix his mess.
How many more of these pointless threads telling us how bad Wilson is apparently.?

I hope we don't draw Kilbirnie in the cup , their young team would run rings round us.

Crop circles is you will

So what is the message.? You don't win the league with older players? Statistics mean nothing according to 3 out of 5 people :eek:
100% of people disagree with that stat (sample size one person, sample taken outside The Brazen Head Saturday night at 00:37, no liability accepted for this stat proving to bollocks)

Back