Sponsors - do you use them?

Started drinking Carling when they sponsored us. Only branded pint glasses I’ve ever bought for the house was theirs, because of the link.

NordVPN for my “away days” to get the matches.

That’s about it. No need to use any of the others. Thought about 32Red for my annual FA cup and national bets but still use my sky bet account.

Edit: bought the wife some bath stuff from molton brown a few times.

Last edited:
McEwan's Lager could've bought us Maldini, Gullit and Van Basten, and I still wouldn't have been able to drink the stuff.

NordVPN is effing extortionate, especially when you consider that they don't even offer port-forwarding. Competitors aren't just a little cheaper, they're seriously cheaper.

Anyone know what Biowavego even do?

Boy who owns them is a multi multi millionaire and loves the Gers...staunch shirt and tie

W-BIOW6911.jpg

McEwan's Lager could've bought us Maldini, Gullit and Van Basten, and I still wouldn't have been able to drink the stuff.

NordVPN is effing extortionate, especially when you consider that they don't even offer port-forwarding. Competitors aren't just a little cheaper, they're seriously cheaper.

I use Ivacy. I believe I got a deal that was £60ish for 5 years.

Drank Heineken more often when they sponsored the Europa League and it started getting shown on the boards at Ibrox. Probably subconsciously.

Don’t think I can say the same about anything directly sponsoring the club though.

Can't think of any tbh.

I've 'used' Carling, McEwans, NTL before but not because they were rangers. In the case of Carling it was probably because there was fucking nothing else!

I use Ivacy. I believe I got a deal that was £60ish for 5 years.
I need to look around. Certainly not staying with SurfShark. Good value for watching foreign TV and general internet use, but the same as NordVPN with regards to P2P.

Molton brown in the past, ironically not since they became a sponsor.

Used NordVPN for years, usually get a deal for it on places like hotukdeals but there is far better for the cost tbh.

This season I have been driving around on Tomket Tires, whilst gambling my money and indulging in crypto and NFT's.

On the other hand, I wouldn't touch our tinpot sponsors if you paid me.

Drank McEwans as an impressionable teenager.. had NTL but mostly because it was the best deal available.. Carling is manky and I wouldn’t touch it.
Only drink Tennents on a visit to Glasgow (and even then probably only one or two).

Maybe I’m too old for it now but I would say I am extremely unlikely to use it but a product just because it is on a football jersey.

The amounts that are paid for sponsorship deals are unreal these days. I’m sure there’s a lot of shenanigans goes on around it as well - match tickets disappearing into the pockets of sponsors and worse.

Personally I have never bought their stuff. They use us to promote themselves to a bigger audience but is that it?

Sorry if this comes across as rude but that's literally how advertising works. Football teams are advertising slots waiting to be filled.

Personally I have never bought their stuff. They use us to promote themselves to a bigger audience but is that it?
Yeah but the companies are also paying for respectability. If you are looking at a company and can pick between one you haven’t heard of or one that have their names on PSG or Man Uniteds kit then it’s easy to trust one over the other.

Molton Brown for me - and that's purely because the wife buys their handwash. Would probably consider Nord if I was in the market for a VPN, which is probably a tiny, tiny justification for their sponsorship of the club.

Always wonder that.

Same with paying a star like Kevin bacon to advertise a phone company

Who thinks ‘right the bold kevs advertising it I’ll go get that network too’

Drank McEwans when I was a student because of the sponsorship. First couple of a night were awful, but after that everything tastes the same anyway. So I could choke the first couple down happy that my student grant was going to a good cause.

Always wonder that.

Same with paying a star like Kevin bacon to advertise a phone company

Who thinks ‘right the bold kevs advertising it I’ll go get that network too’
That’s not how advertising works. It’s designed to create awareness in the brand. Which by your post seems to have worked.

Now whenever you decide a provider you will have knowledge that EE provide a service that you require which may prompt you to see what deals they have.

A man who woke up in his advertised boxer shorts, turned off the alarm on his advertised mobile phone and went for a shower using his advertised shampoo and his advertised shower gel.

Then he ate his advertised cereal with his advertised (bread) toast and advertised butter from his advertised toaster mentioned to his wife that advertising was a load of shite, before leaving for work in his advertised car. :D

Back