Spoonburners Vs Rangers Match Thread, all comment in here.

And gerrard calls out Thompson saying if that’s a rangers player then that’s a sending off.
Correct as that is, and he did get the handball wrong.

Apart from that, I though Thomson was decent.

He tried to let the game go and was reluctant to show cards - hence, the yellow rather than red.

Jack was shite but that's not a surprise because he's been shite since he signed for the club. An empty shirt.
I'm sick to the back teeth of people telling me how excellent Jack was after a draw or a defeat..

I've read some utter dugshit on here over the many, many years I have been on here.

But this, this really takes the biscuit.

You must be trolling, simply must be.

Absolutely but the two tackles made my Porteous and Ambrose during the build up of Tav’s miss were yellow cards and that other Porteous decision is inexplicable.

Double edged sword though, if that was Lafferty then 90% of those chances wouldn't have even happened. Makes them for himself.

He was through 1 on 1 should be tucking that one away. The others were harder finishes to a degree.
Lafferty may have had less chances he may have had more we dont know cause he never played. Moot point imo.

Don't say it often when we drop points, but that was an excellent performance. If we continue to play like that, front to back, we'll be right in among it for the rest of the season.
A couple of breaks here and there, plus a less of a performance by their keeper and that was a 3-0.

Without blaming the ref (it was a penalty) for the dropped points, some of the challenges by the Hibs players were criminal. They should have had a yellow and red on the same passage of play. Coulibaly must have been fouled 5 times and not powder puff fouls.

Very impressed by Jack, Coulibaly and our left side, particularly in the first half. Role on the next game.

Played as well as we have done for a while, but we lack a cutting edge.

If Morelos isn’t scoring, I just don’t see where the goals are coming from.

Grezda has to do more for me, for a wide man he isn’t pinning the full back, creating anything or really looking threatening.

Not anything we don’t know, but we need more of a threat from midfield and the wide areas to take the weight off Morelos.

Agree. Good game plan, totally dominated and should have won 3 or 4 zip.

Some great performances tonight. Thought Tav and Morelos were outstanding. Need a lot more from Grezda. Worral is an absolute bombscare. WTF was he doing putting them through on goal not once but twice.

SG said it wasn't a penalty,It hit his shoulder,think he may change his mind rather quickly when he looks at the replay's.

You’re genuinely trying to argue that him hitting the post from a yard out proves why he’d have done better than Morelos? :D

Put the internet down for the night mate.

No, but i bet he has a better goal to chances ration than Alfi. How many sitters has Alfi missed over the last two season? And how many has big Laffy missed?

How people can watch shite like that and continue to turn their nose up at Davis is beyond me.

FFS we murdered them, 19 shots and 8 were on target. That does not include blocked shots, at least two of which might have been net bound. And you think it was shite.

Did you see last Sunday, or the Dundee or Aberdeen games?

Correct as that is, and he did get the handball wrong.

Apart from that, I though Thomson was decent.

He tried to let the game go and was reluctant to show cards - hence, the yellow rather than red.
He's a cheating barsteward., I reckin Thomson has said to him your "lucky its not a red" that is cheating Thomson back with a bang tonight

Why does this get brought up every time McCoist utters an opinion? He was a shite manager, does this mean he can no longer ever comment on Rangers matters?
Well, it certainly devalues any opinion that he may have that's for sure.

Summarisers in general speak as if they never made a mistake in their playing career-when they did.

Some great performances tonight. Thought Tav and Morelos were outstanding. Need a lot more from Grezda. Worral is an absolute bombscare. WTF was he doing putting them through on goal not once but twice.

Hivs formation and game play enables us to open up and play our way.

By not sitting with 8 in defence.

Arfield out for Sunday. Do we try someone else in the attacking mid position? We don't have many options. Possibly start Middleton wide left and put Grezda (who I haven't been too impressed with) in a central role. Candeias maybe in central role.
Our squad suddenly seems quite bare for the last three games until the transfer window.

We performed tonight, we play like that in the next 3 matches and we will pick up 9 points.
This was encouraging we won't be far off 55 this year.

I think alfredo needs to look at the better option at times.there were a few tonite he couldve played someone else in but chose to go himself and that lets his game down but otherwise he played well

Tav was outstanding No

Morales was outstanding No

Score and you are outstanding

Sorry, that result is absolutely unacceptable. To dominate that much and no win is bordering on fucking pathetic. That's before we get to the fact that the ref did 100% CHEAT and he knew it. Disgusting performance.

Gerrard is absolutely fucking useless with subs. 100% useless at it. Is not able to capitalise on domination at all.

We didn't lose but we could have and should have slaughtered them tonight. Thrown away top spot with another toothless performance in front of goal.

Clueless, utterly clueless! We lost McAuley and Arfield to injury and he went for Middleton for Grezda who had faded. Absolutely nothing wrong with the substitutions, this is yet another myth being thrown at one of our managers. Must be some amount of top coaches on the board with the tactical nous and knowledge of how to win games with the click of their fingers.

Tonight was hugely frustrating, outwith Morelos and maybe Arfield we lack a goal threat but tonight was an excellent performance and suggested to me that we are only one or 2 quality additions away from being a real outfit. I thought we were maybe 5 or 6 away from that. It’s not great but it’s also not the end of the world to draw at a very difficult venue.

2018/2019
P18 W10 D5 L3 F39 A14 Pts 35
2017/2018
P18 W11 D3 L4 F37 A20 Pts 36

we are toiling big time

No, we're not, subject as to who your "we" is ? .... Rangers were very unlucky tonight, played some great stuff, with players still bedding in (Barasic, Grezda) ... could do with Kent back + a couple of signings in Jan & we are in good shape 2nd half of the season..

Don't blame ANYONE for feeling disappointed at dropping 2 points on a night we dominated a match that we were very cautious about before kick off.

However anyone here with an 'anger' at anything other than the referee's decisions tonight is quite simply outing themselves.

Good night.

Great football tonight, but scandalously wasteful up front. I'm just about at the end of my tether with Morelos and Tavernier. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if the latter was punted next month. Never a Rangers Captain in a million years.

Tav was fantastic second half especially. Was driving the team forward.

Well, it certainly devalues any opinion that he may have that's for sure.

Summarisers in general speak as if they never made a mistake in their playing career-when they did.

And in this instance in particular, McCoist said he isn't good enough for Rangers.

If McCoist as a manager wasn't woefully and painfully not good enough for Rangers either, I wouldn't have as low an opinion of him as I do now.

McCoist was saying that Morelos isn't good enough for Rangers.

I would argue that Morelos is clearly good enough for Rangers. The person making the argument isn't fit to make the statement and the argument itself is a nonsense.

Should have won easily although only 2 minutes injury time!?

Nearly 1 minute of that the play had stopped after the challenge on Goldson.
Think the Goldson arm was i
We should have won out the park tonight but I hope Gerrard calls out the ref and his partners who CHEATED us once again.As long as we just accept it the cheats will keep doing it
Gerrard has as good as said the ref cheated us and that we're refereed to different standards. Will the compliance officer come after him for that, probably not.

Jack was shite but that's not a surprise because he's been shite since he signed for the club. An empty shirt.
I'm sick to the back teeth of people telling me how excellent Jack was after a draw or a defeat..
He did his job better than anyone on the park! This is the sort of game away from home where he counts and tonight he counted. I suggest you watch the full 90 again and note down everything he did and come back and tell us how pish he is.

Back