Spoonburners Vs Rangers Match Thread, all comment in here.

Maybe just my lady's front bottom of a mood today, but I'm strangely more deflated by that game than some of the others where we've come up short and played pish. I thought the level of performance was excellent tonight, we just couldn't get the ball in the net.

However, for the first time I'm now seriously worried we're not good enough to win the league this season. The reason being we absolutely pumped that lot tonight and could not find a way to win. I watched them destroy the scum at the weekend, they really did thump them. And then we never gave them a kick of the ball tonight... but... could not find a way to win. If we're going to win the league we need to start scoring more goals, and soon. Morelos is crying out for someone playing up beside him -he tore them apart tonight and we'd no-one to capitalise on it (the best chance falling to our right back of all people).

I'm hoping we're still hanging in there at the turn of the year and are able to strengthen. Another striker and a number 10 are priorities.

Grumpy bear this evening. Maybe I just expected a little bit more from the result. We can't keep letting the filth off the hook......

I've read some utter dugshit on here over the many, many years I have been on here.

But this, this really takes the biscuit.

You must be trolling, simply must be.

There is a lot of trolling going on tonight.

I do not think that there has been one single players that has not been slagged tonight, Alfie, Candeais, Jack,Worrall, Grezda, Tav. I am surprised we kept the score at 0 -0 we should be delighted FFS.

Morelos absolutely bullied their defence all night. I think if Arfield stays on the park we would have won that. A bit of composure from Tav cost us. As many have said great performance but gutted with result.

Looks like this thread is turning into one of those pathetic and sycophantic

Well as long as your happy with mediocre mate you carry on. I'm a Rangers supporter, my expectations are clearly a damn sight higher than yours.

hmmmm......all content by your sir, ever..... whilst i can see everyone elses even into last year....
Now if private messaging also bumped up message count that might mean that you and a comrade....

{cough}

16i6skk.jpg

Don't say it often when we drop points, but that was an excellent performance. If we continue to play like that, front to back, we'll be right in among it for the rest of the season.
A couple of breaks here and there, plus a less of a performance by their keeper and that was a 3-0.

Without blaming the ref (it was a penalty) for the dropped points, some of the challenges by the Hibs players were criminal. They should have had a yellow and red on the same passage of play. Coulibaly must have been fouled 5 times and not powder puff fouls.

Very impressed by Jack, Coulibaly and our left side, particularly in the first half. Role on the next game.
Logged in to say almost exactly this, I also though Alfie was excellent tonight, though no goals some of his play was sublime.

FFS we murdered them, 19 shots and 8 were on target. That does not include blocked shots, at least two of which might have been net bound. And you think it was shite.

Did you see last Sunday, or the Dundee or Aberdeen games?

The pin
FFS we murdered them, 19 shots and 8 were on target. That does not include blocked shots, at least two of which might have been net bound. And you think it was shite.

Did you see last Sunday, or the Dundee or Aberdeen games?

By Shite I was meaning the midfield, we created nothing there. Wasn't a go at the whole team but we dont dictate play in there at all.

The mentally challengeds will go through that midfield with ease and no amount of shouting on here will change it.

Maybe just my lady's front bottom of a mood today, but I'm strangely more deflated by that game than some of the others where we've come up short and played pish. I thought the level of performance was excellent tonight, we just couldn't get the ball in the net.

However, for the first time I'm now seriously worried we're not good enough to win the league this season. The reason being we absolutely pumped that lot tonight and could not find a way to win. I watched them destroy the scum at the weekend, they really did thump them. And then we never gave them a kick of the ball tonight... but... could not find a way to win. If we're going to win the league we need to start scoring more goals, and soon. Morelos is crying out for someone playing up beside him -he tore them apart tonight and we'd no-one to capitalise on it (the best chance falling to our right back of all people).

I'm hoping we're still hanging in there at the turn of the year and are able to strengthen. Another striker and a number 10 are priorities.

Grumpy bear this evening. Maybe I just expected a little bit more from the result. We can't keep letting the filth off the hook......

We need to be more realistic in expecting SG to win a league in his first season. The Mhanks spent £8 mil on a single player FFS. SG is operating on a shoestring of a budget and although the mhanks are going through a bad spell they have some quality players who would not have missed some of those chances tonight. It will not happen overnight.

its glaringly obvious where our issues lie
Hibs will try and have a go at you and therefor we were able to open up there defence so many times(I know we never scored,but on chances....)
Dundee,killie,Aberdeen,Hamilton sit in and we struggle
we need a number 10,and the cash should be spent a QUALITY one,if we have money to spend,we should spend it all,or nearly it all on a number 10

I think alfredo needs to look at the better option at times.there were a few tonite he couldve played someone else in but chose to go himself and that lets his game down but otherwise he played well

the one and only fault that can be laid at an excellent center fwd performance.
hardly a poor performance anywhere in the team tonight.
hivs had two or three chances to steal it and that would have highlighted our inability to put the ball in the net.

For me, I think we may have just seen evidence that we have a team that, with the breaks, can maintain a title challenge. Yes, cutting edge is, of course, the critical factor, but Alfredo showed that he's an essential element, even if he failed to get his reward tonight.

As much as I'm disappointed we did not win, I was majorly impressed with that performance. We totally dominated the game and should have won.

We need to be more realistic in expecting SG to win a league in his first season. The Mhanks spent £8 mil on a single player FFS. SG is operating on a shoestring of a budget and although the mhanks are going through a bad spell they have some quality players who would not have missed some of those chances tonight. It will not happen overnight.

I’m sorry mate this is pish they lost 2-0 to the team we played in the same location , 3 days ago , they might have paid £8m on a striker but ours is worth double that .

The pin

By Shite I was meaning the midfield, we created nothing there. Wasn't a go at the whole team but we dont dictate play in there at all.

The mentally challengeds will go through that midfield with ease and no amount of shouting on here will change it.

A lot of those 19 shots and other chances came from midfield play. They created very little because we completely dominated them in midfield. Arfield was excellent until injured, Jack completely and utterly dominated their midfield.

Some poor finishing bad luck & poet Thompson cost us tonight.
We play like that for the rest of the season....#55

I can't fault the lads for effort tonight, you could see they really wanted to win that but as we all know we are short on quality in the final third (Alfie aside), get through these next few games to the break and still be within sniffing distance of the top...have a decent January transfer window and push for 55.

I can't believe someone on here actually thought Thomson had a good game. Apart from missing a penalty and 3 missing red cards I can't see that he got much else right either.
I agree, he got some big decisions wrong. However, I find it hard to blame Thomson for us not winning. We squandered chance after chance. We didn't need penalties and red cards to help our cause. We dominated the match, but we lacked finishing ability.

Three points dropped at home against the sheep,Two points dropped against Dundee and another two points dropped against Hibs, a total of 7pts which would have seen daylight between us and the unwashed at the top of the table.

Game changers

Tav's sitter.
Porteous should have been sent off.
Blatant penalty ignored.
Said penalty handball denying a goalscoring opportunity is a red too.

Rest of the game can be put down to good goalkeeping/bad luck/lack of quality, but those 4 game changing incidents has us sitting on 2-0, Hivs down to 9 men and a good win. The handball was goalward bound, the keeper was rooted to the spot.

The thing is mate - at the start of the season I wasn't honestly expecting the league this season. However having seen how inconsistent the scum have been and having been handed a good few opportunities now it feels like it was there for the taking. I'm just not quite sure we've got the mentality and we're certainly not clinical enough. That felt like a sore one tonight, more so than some of the games where we've just not turned up.

Agree. Good game plan, totally dominated and should have won 3 or 4 zip.

Some great performances tonight. Thought Tav and Morelos were outstanding. Need a lot more from Grezda. Worral is an absolute bombscare. WTF was he doing putting them through on goal not once but twice.
Tav and Morelos were outstanding?Your at it surely?

A lot of those 19 shots and other chances came from midfield play. They created very little because we completely dominated them in midfield. Arfield was excellent until injured, Jack completely and utterly dominated their midfield.
Thought that Candeias was also excellent tonight, his workrate was unbelievable.

We should have won that comfortably. No doubt at all. Morelos is an instinctive striker not a natural finisher and Tav missed a sitter.
We were also denied a stonewall penalty and a red card. When Lennon says it's red, it's fucking red.
I make it 10 massive decisions against us in the league and Europe this season. So probably about 12-15 ptd dropped through bullshit substandard reffing
That would see us still in Europe and top of the league

I’m sorry mate this is pish they lost 2-0 to the team we played in the same location , 3 days ago , they might have paid £8m on a striker but ours is worth double that .

I am not saying he is a good player just stating the fact that they have the ability to spend that amount of money if they need to do so. They are not a great side but they have the ability to up the gears due to the quality of their players. I am not going to bum them up but their passing ability and finishing is streets ahead of ours and it is purely down to individual quality.

We can only pi$h with the cock we have.

I agree, he got some big decisions wrong. However, I find it hard to blame Thomson for us not winning. We squandered chance after chance. We didn't need penalties and red cards to help our cause. We dominated the match, but we lacked finishing ability.
Correct, for a referee to affect the result he has to have an opening to do so.
Us not scoring gave him that chance and he took it.

Should have pumped them, frustrated at the chances we missed, like others have said we need another striker in and Kent back also

Strangely pleased with that performance tonight despite dropping points. A few wingers and midfielders who can all score goals will make us far better. Hope the board can find them

Played well tonight and deserved to win. Alfie did well and most unlucky not to score. I do think we need two up front. We had so many corners that if Lafferty had been on his extra height could have got us a goal. Our work rate in the second half was great.
If we are to win this league then I think we need maximum points from the next three games.

And in this instance in particular, McCoist said he isn't good enough for Rangers.

If McCoist as a manager wasn't woefully and painfully not good enough for Rangers either, I wouldn't have as low an opinion of him as I do now.

McCoist was saying that Morelos isn't good enough for Rangers.

I would argue that Morelos is clearly good enough for Rangers. The person making the argument isn't fit to make the statement and the argument itself is a nonsense.

Not sure what you were watching but he absolutely didn’t say that. He said he had to do better with the chances. I thought Alfie was top drawer and think his all round game is absolutely tremendous but he’s right on that point. Buffalo needs a bit more composure at times. I actually though he received quite glowing praise tonight on the whole other than his finishing.

And in this instance in particular, McCoist said he isn't good enough for Rangers.

If McCoist as a manager wasn't woefully and painfully not good enough for Rangers either, I wouldn't have as low an opinion of him as I do now.

McCoist was saying that Morelos isn't good enough for Rangers.

I would argue that Morelos is clearly good enough for Rangers. The person making the argument isn't fit to make the statement and the argument itself is a nonsense.

Regardless of who makes the argument, it's a crackpot argument.

Games like tonight I CAN accept. We need to accept that sometimes games just don't go our way. The inept performances and results against some shit teams are the ones we have to be angry at. Tonight was just one of those nights that didn't go our way.

Games like tonight I CAN accept. We need to accept that sometimes games just don't go our way. The inept performances and results against some shit teams are the ones we have to be angry at. Tonight was just one of those nights that didn't go our way.

I hear what you're saying, and as I said earlier, I'm just in a shitty mood tonight anyway... but I'm seeing it from a different angle tonight, probably for the first time this season. The games we've not turned up in we've deserved very little from. They make me angry and frustrated... but deep down I've known they were aberrations. Tonight we were outstanding in most facets of our play. But weren't good enough to get the win. That worries me more than if we'd just not turned up.

Red card for porteous, stonewall penalty, Thomson the referee, go figure, unbelievable, game should have been over at half time though

There is a lot of trolling going on tonight.

I do not think that there has been one single players that has not been slagged tonight, Alfie, Candeais, Jack,Worrall, Grezda, Tav. I am surprised we kept the score at 0 -0 we should be delighted FFS.

I have been looking forward to this game since the weekend, then today I became anxious because after them beating Celtic convincingly I thought that they can punish us.

But we turned up tonight, we played very well.

Thomson robbed us, their keeper was damn lucky and we were unlucky.

Any other day we could have put 7 past them.

But it is coming that good fortune will fall upon us again and we'll destroy some team soon.

Not one player can be faulted tonight, we played very well.

Strangely pleased with that performance tonight despite dropping points. A few wingers and midfielders who can all score goals will make us far better. Hope the board can find them

Should have pumped them, frustrated at the chances we missed, like others have said we need another striker in and Kent back also

I do not think we are going to play two strikers; very few teams do that now. On that basis I think we need a goalscoring midfielder. And a couple of midfielders who can score from outside the box.

Back