Spoonburners Vs Rangers Match Thread, all comment in here.

Maybe just my lady's front bottom of a mood today, but I'm strangely more deflated by that game than some of the others where we've come up short and played pish. I thought the level of performance was excellent tonight, we just couldn't get the ball in the net.

However, for the first time I'm now seriously worried we're not good enough to win the league this season. The reason being we absolutely pumped that lot tonight and could not find a way to win. I watched them destroy the scum at the weekend, they really did thump them. And then we never gave them a kick of the ball tonight... but... could not find a way to win. If we're going to win the league we need to start scoring more goals, and soon. Morelos is crying out for someone playing up beside him -he tore them apart tonight and we'd no-one to capitalise on it (the best chance falling to our right back of all people).

I'm hoping we're still hanging in there at the turn of the year and are able to strengthen. Another striker and a number 10 are priorities.

Grumpy bear this evening. Maybe I just expected a little bit more from the result. We can't keep letting the filth off the hook......

To be honest I would rather see us get a draw while playing like that than hanging on by our fingernails when we've been outplayed. I can understand your disappointment but I think the performance tonight does give us a wee bit of scope for optimism.

Three points dropped at home against the sheep,Two points dropped against Dundee and another two points dropped against Hibs, a total of 7pts which would have seen daylight between us and the unwashed at the top of the table.
2 dropped before that at home to killie too

Games like tonight I CAN accept. We need to accept that sometimes games just don't go our way. The inept performances and results against some shit teams are the ones we have to be angry at. Tonight was just one of those nights that didn't go our way.
I’m a lot happier tonight than I was on Sunday!
After Sunday, I was genuinely fearful for the rest of December.
Tonight though, I think, if we manage to achieve that level of performance over the next three games, we’ll pick up maximum points.

To be honest I would rather see us get a draw while playing like that than hanging on by our fingernails when we've been outplayed. I can understand your disappointment but I think the performance tonight does give us a wee bit of scope for optimism.

Huge scope for optimism as far as I'm concerned. There was no more of that dreadful passing about between the defence tonight, much more keen to get it forwards. And guess what? we actually made chances.

We use January to find the missing pieces of the jigsaw and good times are ahead.

As much as im gutted with the result, i have to put my tin hat on and say fair play to the spoon burners. Hibs at least tried to have a game tonight. They weren't falling down all over the pitch at any touch. Scottish football in general, in my opinion, has become a horribly shite product over the last wee while and at least tonight, to the neutral, they would have enjoyed the game.

Outstanding comment.
There isn’t a player in our squad, and played last season, who hasn’t improved immeasurably.
Almost to a man, each player brought in by Gerrard would be a first pick last season.
Yes, and we do need to improve again this window.
We are missing out the points by small margins and that comes with a team getting to know each other and understanding each others game. It is plain to see what Gerrard's aim is and if not this season we will see the fruits of it next.

We are still in the hunt, and we were desperately unlucky not to take all three points.
Porteous a very lucky boy not to be sent off and we should have had a penalty, how the ref missed that beats me, as well as the linesmen.
I think Lafferty would have made a difference.
Still all to play for and we are still within striking distance and our GD is still good.
Much will depend on the next two games, our aim should be to stay in touch at the least.

Looks like this thread is turning into one of those pathetic and sycophantic

Well as long as your happy with mediocre mate you carry on. I'm a Rangers supporter, my expectations are clearly a damn sight higher than yours.
Seen a few of yer posts tonight, and you claim to be a supporter. Yer not. You're one of those incessant critics who would celebrate at the end if the result suited you. The kind of supporter who would put a bet on us to lose just so you could get something back.
You're criticism of Ryan Jack tonight makes me think you know absolutely 'Jack' about the game.
The lad had a great game tonight. Another one. After Morelos, for sheer class and Candeias for sheer effort, he'd be my poty.

You come no where near my supporter of the year.

Regards, and happy Christmas.
C2G

We are still in the hunt, and we were desperately unlucky not to take all three points.
Porteous a very lucky boy not to be sent off and we should have had a penalty, how the ref missed that beats me, as well as the linesmen.
I think Lafferty would have made a difference.
Still all to play for and we are still within striking distance and our GD is still good.
Much will depend on the next two games, our aim should be to stay in touch at the least.
Don't really think Lafferty would have made the slightest difference. He's awful. Was before and still is.
The rest, is spot on.
C2G

Excellent performance, probably our best of the season domestically, just couldn't take our chances. I'd have taken 8 points from the 4 games if offered that before tonight. So hopefully we can build on this.

I thought we were excellent again. Defence and midfield dominated, playing forward at speed. Ran out of gas towards the end, but had numerous opportunities to kill it off. A Really decent on-form hibs side were lucky to get a point.

If you said 3 years ago we'd be fucking gutted to drop points like this, dropping to second from top of the league in December, and dropping out of the Europa in the group's (by thin margins), I'd have thought you were mental. Especially after this teams been together 6 months.

Yes there is improvements to be made, and I'm looking forward to seeing more quality from midfield in our play towards the end of the season into next.

Played well the night from 20 mins till about 80 min last 10 we looked like we had nothing left. Unlucky disappointed in the result had enough chances to win 5 games. Just means 6 points is a must out the next two if we want any chance of this title. Then hopefully the Celtic game takes care of itself

Played well the night from 20 mins till about 80 min last 10 we looked like we had nothing left. Unlucky disappointed in the result had enough chances to win 5 games. Just means 6 points is a must out the next two if we want any chance of this title. Then hopefully the Celtic game takes care of itself
6 points is a must and beating them at Ibrox. We lack consistency, if we get 9 points hopefully we can continue the consistency into Feb. Felt like watching Rangers of old with the amount of attacking, bit frustrating that we were so wasteful in front of goal. Another striker is needed in Jan.

The overall performance last night was, at times, excellent and with a wee touch of luck we could have scored 3 or more.
We desperately need a controlling central midfielder, someone who has the class to create more opportunities through the middle of the park rather than concentration on only playing down the wings.
We are capable of winning these games with just that wee bit more quality.

Thought we were excellent last night, not had the chance to see the highlights yet but from my view at the game we missed numerous opportunities to win it.

Plenty positives to take from it though, lets hope we get 6 points from the next two games, it's vital.

Also, the away support last night was top notch, song book was absolutely superb :cool:

F**k Hibs.

On another day that could have been 2 or 3 nil.

Yes we didn’t take chances but there was some excellent goalkeeper and even a diving header off of the line.

I’m content still a good chance to be top at the Xmas break.

It's certainly been an interesting season with the league top spot changing between 4 teams. The horribly frustrating thing is we could (but for luck and officiating) be out of sight. The cause for optimism is that hopefully luck will even out in the second half of the season, and also that we have not yet had our home game v them. If we are above them at the end of this year, I see no reason not to believe that 55 can be this season.

Just read in the Echo that sub keeper is on loan from Liverpool ffs.
Also read ginger said to Stevie on the way off that UR team were magnificent tonite.
Sort of says it all really!!

I watched both of our last two games live, on my phone here on holiday visiting my daughter in Sydney for Xmas.

Am I alone in thinking we played really well against the HIv’s?

Denied a stonewall penalty, we were the better side by a mile - against a team who were miles better than the Paedo’s from Porkheid!

I thought we were so much better than when we beat Hamilton last week.

Back