Sport Options for Rapid Vienna away

rangeral

13th December v SK Rapid Wien -

This game will be an early kick off on the 13th December. We will be offering a one night stay departing on the 12th December at 0935 arriving into Vienna 1305 local time. We will have a transfer to hotel with option of 2/3* or 4*. On Matchday 13th December checkout at 1100 and store bags on the buses. Free day. The match kicks off at 1855 and will end 2045. Return after the match to airport. Return flight 2250 arriving back into Glasgow just after midnight. Full details and booking next week.

https://www.sportoptions.com/2a6f371fca/index.asp

Says on their webpage that they trying to sort out Villarreal and Spartak Moscow as well

I’m kinda surprised they aren’t doing just a day trip for those that are lacking holidays / just want there and back ,

Suppose early days, maybe they will later

I’m kinda surprised they aren’t doing just a day trip for those that are lacking holidays / just want there and back ,

Suppose early days, maybe they will later
From what I heard the feedback was an overnight stay would be better when it’s cheap enough to offer it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer a day trip though.

I would say between £300 to £350 would be alright.You could do it cheaper yourself still but it takes a lot of the hassle out of it.

That won’t be far off it mate and at that price it’s reasonable. We stayed in Vienna for the Maribor trip and 3* accommodation wasn’t that cheap.

2 hours from the game finishing until the flight home leaving.
Talk about cutting it fine.

That won’t be far off it mate and at that price it’s reasonable. We stayed in Vienna for the Maribor trip and 3* accommodation wasn’t that cheap.
I’m planning on doing this trip with a good few of my mates only one I can do with 1 thing and another.What’s Vienna like?Always quite fancied it for a city break.

If it’s £350 or thereabouts for flights transfers a 4 star hotel and two days in Vienna then I’ll comsiderate . The ticket might be a problem how big is their stadium .

I’m planning on doing this trip with a good few of my mates only one I can do with 1 thing and another.What’s Vienna like?Always quite fancied it for a city break.

Vienna is stunning was there in January with the missus (no pics). Lots to do and see, cheapish beer but food quite expensive.

A cheap way to do it is fly to Bratislava (80 Euro return thurs - Sunday) and get the bus to Vienna. It’s 45 minutes on the bus but they are well air conned and spacious with wi fi. Bus only cost 10 Euro from memory. Bratislava is dirt cheap for bevy , food and has some stunning ladies.

Vienna is stunning was there in January with the missus (no pics). Lots to do and see, cheapish beer but food quite expensive.

A cheap way to do it is fly to Bratislava (80 Euro return thurs - Sunday) and get the bus to Vienna. It’s 45 minutes on the bus but they are well air conned and spacious with wi fi. Bus only cost 10 Euro from memory. Bratislava is dirt cheap for bevy , food and has some stunning ladies.

If it’s the Edinburgh - Bratislava flights with Ryanair that you’re speaking about, then you’d arrive in Bratislava after the game has finished...

Vienna was pretty nice mate, we spent the Friday there after Maribor before flying home. Plenty bars, restaurants and food stalls in the city centre. Would imagine it will be busy that time of year with Xmas markets etc. Decent train service back to the airport too.

We’ve booked the Meininger for this trip, £65 for a triple room for the night so can’t complain.

2 hours from full time to flight take off

Can’t see that happening

The daytrip options for Porto years ago were similar

All flights (must have been a good 7 or 8 at least) took off 5 minutes after one another

I mind circling around Glasgow airport for a good 20 mins or so waiting to land

If it’s the Edinburgh - Bratislava flights with Ryanair that you’re speaking about, then you’d arrive in Bratislava after the game has finished...

I’m just back from Bratislava on Sunday. The flight time on Thursday were 07:15am Thursday - gets you in for 11ish

Maybe they change for summer / winter

Back