Sport scene surprise surprise

They are clear penalties under the current rules. Of course, expecting those imbeciles on Sportscene to actually know the current rules of the sport they are paid to talk about is another matter.
He said the rules are wrong but even under the current rules Madden called it wrong. Hilarious. The only person who takes him seriously is ........ A wee ginger guy called Michael Stuart lol

This programme has been sinking lower and lower for the past few years but now has surpassed itself in the ridicule stakes. How can anyone take seriously a mentally challenged employee's comments on Rangers? Especially one with a track record of anti Rangers bile.

Don't watch it........did they highlight the two retaliation kickouts .....by that dirty ex mentally challenged bastard Watts .surprised the panel on that programme don't all sit with the Dublin deckchair on

Stewart is batshit crazy

The guy shouldn’t be allowed to appear on tv as an apparently neutral observer . He’s a nutcase and a disgrace . I’ve never seen two more blatant penalties for handball than the two we got today and I’m going back as far as Anton Rogan at Ibrox in the 80s . Madden would need to be blind to have not given them , the second in particular the guy elbows the ball about thirty yards out of the box he connected With such force .

If our players had handled like Motherwell there is nothing surer than they would have judged them to be definite penalties.

Had VAR been in operation in Scotland neither would gave been overturned and probably VAR wouldn't have overturned Kamara's challenge either as it was far from stonewaller.

This on assumption it is not the likes of Clancy and Craig Thomson overseeing VAR right enough.

So an ex footballer turned pundit has more expert knowledge than a FIFA qualified referee who is updated fully on the IFAB Laws of the Game every close season states they are not penalties. I don't remember Stewart being interviewed to replace Stephen Hawking to explain Biometrics and other intelligencia subjects. He is to be lifted more than listened too probably talks sense in his parallel universe.

After watching the penalty Newcastle got today I’m starting to think there’s no point in watching football anymore absolute farce and it’s a joke up here with only one team BEING ALLOWED TO WIN the league football as I knew it is finished

Pray for Stewart
Having to untangle himself from that fucking position..

Poor shaun too - the rules wrong but even tho the rule is there, its wrong

That’s the most ridiculous part of their comments. They seem to agree that according to the rules (regardless of anyone’s opinion of them) they’re both penalties. However, they disagree with the rules, so they shouldn’t have been given.

There you go, they want to play our games with different rules to the official ones. Great punditry....
The new rules notwithstanding the Mugabi penalty was a penalty today ,5 years ago ,10 years ago and twenty years ago
The second penalty not

They are clear penalties under the current rules. Of course, expecting those imbeciles on Sportscene to actually know the current rules of the sport they are paid to talk about is another matter.
Stuart actually stated that under current guidelines they were not

I agree that the handball in the penalty box area issue should be looked at again however them are the rules for just now and we need to accept this wether we like it or not,

Stewart and Maloney just come across as a couple of clowns.

Stewart. A complete failure of a guy. Won nothing in his day, trades off being a Rangers hater and trial failure. Didn't even get picked by the SNP as a candidate, and some of the candidates they've put out are really really sorry excuses for humankind. You'd think he would take stock, realise, I've been a Lady's Front Bottom here, and freshen it up with honest punditry, try and drive the game forward and maybe talk his way into an SPFL or SFA role in future, but no, he's foaming at the mouth over a successful day at the office for Rangers. This guy will need sectioned at 55.

I watched it tonight, the highlights of the Celtic game, were on first, their defence is appalling. Slow and cumbersome, hibs should’ve had at least a couple of goals.

They've had a decade in the sun having it all their own way and now the tide is turning, he doesn't know how to deal with it so he's desperately grasping for something that he thinks will piss us off, but he lacks the quotient to see it through.

55 is going to end them and I can't fucking wait.

I liked when Stewart said ‘Rangers have slipped into a bit of form’ as if it was a bad thing.

Guys a pecker. Literally can’t see past his hatred for us.

Not watch this shitshow is ages thankfully as it has been as poor as it is biased for years.

It has zero credibility like Stewart.

Stewart has seen what Sutton got away with spouting and has decided that he will pick up the mantle and run with it.

It just lowers the tone of Scottish Football even more when a "pundit" can't see past his own hatred to do his job properly. I'd say most fans just want to hear pundits have an honest discussion on whichever game they're talking about, without the need for spin or trying to create some controversy.

Our first pen is given when the boys arm is 90 degrees to his body . It couldn't be further away from his torso . Yet Stewart doesn't think it's a pen ? The second pen I have some sympathy for as the player knows nothing about it but the rules say it's a foul.
Interestingly the Motherwell manager had no issue in the after match interview and simply stated that had been beaten by a better team
Leaves one wondering whose agenda Stewart is following.

L

I totally understand those who say don’t watch it but remember this is the national broadcaster, it has a responsibility to be neutral and report in an impartial manner. Idiots like Stewart need to be called out by the club. Having a person who is in the pay of scum FC is unacceptable and the club should needs to speak out. Stewart is obviously speaking in a manner Under instructions from them. It’s all about trying to portray Madden as being biased and putting pressure on him and all refs when officiating on our games. Yet week in week out certain refs such as Clancy get no criticism
Ignoring this is just allowing the bigots and haters at the BBC to continue to set the narrative for the rest of the media.

Just occured to me - for the piggery game this twat will be working for both the BBC and the papes at the same time. Perfect synthesis achieved at last for this discredited, disgraceful organisation - why not drape him in a tricolour and cut out the pretence?

Had to laugh when he said, Mugabi was trying to to take his arm down to his side but he couldn't react quick enough (or words to that effect), so he is more or less saying it's a pen.
Every decision Rangers get this guy has something negitive to say about it

TBh I know the new rules mean they are penalties, but not for me. We have seen similar in the prem and the uproar that is causing.

If they were given against us I think we would be rightfully annoyed.

In saying that, the Motherwell penalty claims were just that, never pens in a million years especially the Helander one.

Stewart is a prick though, every week he has some geipe with us, it's getting tiresome.

Stewart sums up everything wrong with Scottish football. U can disagree with the new hand ball rule all u want but he’s asking the ref to ignore it all together. Guys like him will keep Scottish football stuck in the past.

You can bet your bottom dollar, had those penalties been given against us, indicator baws would have been saying ,”well that’s the rules of the game now.” Honestly, when we win the league this year, the outpouring of pain will be glorious to see.

Let us be honest here the narrative of the programme is not just to let Stewart spout forth his hatred for Rangers not only in relation to our game but our very being as a club.

The message is being put out to referees that even when you apply the laws of the game we will analyze your performance and hound every single decision you give to Rangers. The objective is for each and every single referee and official is to question when making any decision, is it easier for you to not make the decision if it favors Rangers ?

We are back to exactly the same position before we were allegedly “nailed to the floor”.

How can they both not be a penalty!! Its infuriatingly frustrating that they don't know the rules of the game they are paid to give an experienced opinion on!!
If I'm not mistaken, I heard on commentary that Walker and Crocker had been in conversation with Bobby Madden before the game about the handball rule so there was no surprise that even Andy Walker said the ref got the decisions correct.
Pretty sure McFadden said the same thing at half time saying he didn't like the rule but they were still penalties.

But Stewart the expert thinks differently, the same guy who analysed the Ross County game v them and was highly critical of Ross County's Lee Erwin, the same Lee Erwin who had already signed for St Mirren.

I'm just going to watch this on iPlayer, then give it to Fanta pants stinking on twitter. Can't believed he's not blocked me the amount of champ boxing jokes I keep ripping him.

Let us be honest here the narrative of the programme is not just to let Stewart spout forth his hatred for Rangers not only in relation to our game but our very being as a club.

The message is being put out to referees that even when you apply the laws of the game we will analyze your performance and hound every single decision you give to Rangers. The objective is for each and every single referee and official is to question when making any decision, is it easier for you to not make the decision if it favors Rangers ?

We are back to exactly the same position before we were allegedly “nailed to the floor”.
Spot on, my dog could work them out.

As per usual these "incorrect" penalty awards are featured prominently on the BBC Sport website. First penalties of the year for us and it's all being dissected by an ex-sellick player and a current employee of their official channel.

At what point do the club act here?? The narrative has already been set for the ref's this season and now they are getting a sharp reminder everytime we get an "incorrect" decision awarded to us.

Why do people even watch this to get annoyed at it? Just ignore them and they’ll become even more irrelevant than they already are
Thing is, it increasingly looks like they are a source for Klerr. Stewart moaned that he was sick and tired of Stevie G complaining about officials. We know that if anything he keeps quiet about them.

He got cited, and even after all this time, the full details of how a citation is arrived at is not published. Trial by Sportscene is a very, very real possibility.

Back