Sporting Lisbon looking to emulate Rangers unbeaten season. Title win tonight?

arnietac1

Official Ticketer
They can win their first title since 2002 with a win tonight v Boavista. Longer wait than we had.
They are also unbeaten having won 24 and drew 7 and only conceded 15 goals. 3 games left although derby v Benfica away at the weekend might prevent them remaining unbeaten.
I know their strip is not a very decent one... :)) :shh:

Match is on Free Sports if anyone is at a loose end.

That’s some going. The Portuguese league always strikes me as a tough one to win never mind remain undefeated with the calibre of teams at the top end.
I think Porto and Benfica have both done it twice but regardless an unbeaten season is impressive regardless of who it is

Some noise "outside" the stadium. Obv ignore Police advice to stay away lol.
They haven't even scored yet. :))

they had a certain somebody called Mario Jardel in their last title winning season, scored 42 in Liga NOS :D

2nd to him was Derlei with 21 goals, people might remember him from FC Porto 3-2 Scum in 2003 ;)

Reactions: cav
There will be some celebrations in my favourite wee bar on the Algarve. Lovely family even if they do favour Portugal’s green and grey.

They could have been up about 4 goals this second half. Play some decent stuff at times but couldn’t hit a barn door

I like playing Sporting.

Edu last minute winner
Whittaker worldie
Telling the ref to put them out after they beat us on penalties.

We always seem to fuc.k them over. :D

Have they ever eliminated us from European competition?
It'll be a nice easy six points in the CL group stages.

I like playing Sporting.

Edu last minute winner
Whittaker worldie
Telling the ref to put them out after they beat us on penalties.

We always seem to fuc.k them over. :D

Have they ever eliminated us from European competition?
I remember hearing after we played Porto, we’re yet to be beaten by a Portuguese team. That’s obviously carried on with braga and benfica

PARTY IN LISBON! CHAMPIONS!
The sounds outside the stadium on theTV are magnificent

Good on them. Always nice to see somebody different win their respective leagues :)

They can win their first title since 2002 with a win tonight v Boavista. Longer wait than we had.
They are also unbeaten having won 24 and drew 7 and only conceded 15 goals. 3 games left although derby v Benfica away at the weekend might prevent them remaining unbeaten.
I know their strip is not a very decent one... :)) :shh:

Match is on Free Sports if anyone is at a loose end.
The real Lions of Lisbon!

Porto beat us in 1983.
Greig had just resigned and Tommy McLean was in charge.
Maybe it was since then or something. Can’t remember the exact fact but if memory serves me correct, Porto in 05, sporting in 07 and 11(?), Porto 19, braga 19, benfica 20 we haven’t lost

So far
Rangers won league first since 2011
Sporting won league first since 2002
Inter won league first since 2010
Alt Madrid could win league first since 2014
Lille could win league first since 2011

some odds

Congratulations to them. Huge achievement to overturn the kind of advantage Benfica and Porto had over them after years of Champions League money. That’s what you want to see.

Ruben Amorim’s record is management is staggering. What he has achieved since we played Braga underlines further the achievement it was to beat them home and away.

Good luck to them and I hope when we take 6 points of them next year they don't take it too personally.

Back