Sporting Pay Director convicted fraudster, racist and sex pest

Syme

The man appointed to orchestrate a financial modernisation programme at three Scottish football clubs is a convicted fraudster, a sex pest and racist.

Chris Norminton is the managing director of Sporting Pay, which has signed deals to install cashless payment facilities at Rangers Hibs and St Mirren

But we can reveal that Norminton, 35, was banned from being a company director in 2013 after forging documents and lying to defraud an investor out of £21,000.

An English court heard that he was a gambling addict who blew the cash on “lifestyle expenses”, prior to him receiving a 12-month suspended prison sentence.

At an Employment Tribunal in 2018, Norminton showed no sign of being reformed. A woman employed in sales under his management with the firm Cutpay Merchant Services Ltd exposed him as sex pest who groped her knee while she was driving and sent many sexually suggestive text messages.

He told the employee: “That is just when you sell to P****”, while referring to the lowest rates of interest she was allowed to offer on sales.

A whistleblower said Norminton’s appointment showed a “complete lack of due diligence by the clubs involved.”

Even a quick Google of Norminton’s name would reveal his dodgy past.

During Norminton’s 2013 fraud trial at Teeside Crown Court, it was revealed that he made a string of false assurances to a
potential investor.

He pocketed £21,000 after claiming he had a meeting with editors of a PC magazine and men’s magazine FHM. He also claimed he had an agreement to use a BMW as a prize to be advertised.

He provided bogus documents, supposedly linking the RBS to £120,000 worth of trading, and linking a media company to £16,000 worth of advertising.

A judge gave Norminton a one-year prison sentence suspended for two years with 100 hours’ unpaid work.

Norminton was ordered to pay the victim £21,750 compensation and was banned from being a company director for four years.

At the Employment Tribunal two years ago, Normington was accused of sexual and racial harassment. The panel ordered his employers pay £800 compensation for harassment related to race and religion and £3000 as compensation for the sexual harassment.

One incident in the evidence related to Norminton making reference to a Mela cultural festival, suggesting it would be “full of P****”.

He also sent a text message about a shop assistant to the woman claimant that referred to one of his employers’ religion. It said: “Tell him to f**k off, I bet he is a ‘sunny’ too.”

The tribunal ruled that this was a derogatory reference to Sunni Muslims.

Giving the tribunal’s written decision, Judge Bauer stated: “The claimant gave credible and cogent evidence on the comments made by Mr Norminton regarding race and religion.”

Norminton said last night: “I dispute 100 per cent the accusations levelled at me in the tribunal. With the court case, I admit I made a mistake nearly 10 years ago which I have learned from and I have since built a business I am extremely proud of.

“I have also made personal contributions to establish gambling addiction courses in Scotland to help stop people making the same mistakes I did.”

Sporting Pay offers cashless payment solutions at stadia and has installed facilities at Lords and Edgbaston cricket grounds.

When the Record contacted the three football clubs about Norminton, only Hibs responded, saying they had no comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this really a story about the clubs? Scraping the barrel, there’s a story there but it’s nothing to do with his current legitimate business with us or the others. If he’s a gambling addict who’s turned his life round and now offers support to addicts, is this not something to be commended? As for the sexual and racists harassment, he just sounds like a bit of a dick, perhaps he’s not so now as it was 10 years ago!

A proper scrape the barrel job if ever I’ve seen one.
The mentally challengeds have been getting plenty of airtime in various news outlets, so some enabler has decided that it’s no fair so let’s see if we can dig sevcooooooo out a wee bit, take the heat off the ACTUAL ring that’s been going on hiding in plain sight for the best part of 5 decades....

Aye, very good

John reid
The man appointed to orchestrate a financial modernisation programme at three Scottish football clubs is a convicted fraudster, a sex pest and racist.

Chris Norminton is the managing director of Sporting Pay, which has signed deals to install cashless payment facilities at Rangers Hibs and St Mirren

But we can reveal that Norminton, 35, was banned from being a company director in 2013 after forging documents and lying to defraud an investor out of £21,000.

An English court heard that he was a gambling addict who blew the cash on “lifestyle expenses”, prior to him receiving a 12-month suspended prison sentence.

At an Employment Tribunal in 2018, Norminton showed no sign of being reformed. A woman employed in sales under his management with the firm Cutpay Merchant Services Ltd exposed him as sex pest who groped her knee while she was driving and sent many sexually suggestive text messages.

He told the employee: “That is just when you sell to P****”, while referring to the lowest rates of interest she was allowed to offer on sales.

A whistleblower said Norminton’s appointment showed a “complete lack of due diligence by the clubs involved.”

During Norminton’s 2013 fraud trial at Teeside Crown Court, it was revealed that he made a string of false assurances to a
potential investor.

He pocketed £21,000 after claiming he had a meeting with editors of a PC magazine and men’s magazine FHM. He also claimed he had an agreement to use a BMW as a prize to be advertised.

He provided bogus documents, supposedly linking the RBS to £120,000 worth of trading, and linking a media company to £16,000 worth of advertising.

A judge gave Norminton a one-year prison sentence suspended for two years with 100 hours’ unpaid work.

Norminton was ordered to pay the victim £21,750 compensation and was banned from being a company director for four years.

At the Employment Tribunal two years ago, Normington was accused of sexual and racial harassment. The panel ordered his employers pay £800 compensation for harassment related to race and religion and £3000 as compensation for the sexual harassment.

One incident in the evidence related to Norminton making reference to a Mela cultural festival, suggesting it would be “full of P****”.

He also sent a text message about a shop assistant to the woman claimant that referred to one of his employers’ religion. It said: “Tell him to f**k off, I bet he is a ‘sunny’ too.”

Giving the tribunal’s written decision, Judge Bauer stated: “The claimant gave credible and cogent evidence on the comments made by Mr Norminton regarding race and religion.”

Norminton said last night: “I dispute 100 per cent the accusations levelled at me in the tribunal. With the court case, I admit I made a mistake nearly 10 years ago which I have learned from and I have since built a business I am extremely proud of.

“I have also made personal contributions to establish gambling addiction courses in Scotland to help stop people making the same mistakes I did.”

Sporting Pay offers cashless payment solutions at stadia and has installed facilities at Lords and Edgbaston cricket grounds.

When the Record contacted the three football clubs about Norminton, only Hibs responded, saying they had no comment.
John Reid?

Rangers can turn this around 180 here - “We note the accusations and conviction highlighted and do not wish to be associated with this gentleman. We take issues around equality, reputation and safety seriously at this club and will never fail to act when we have concerns in these areas”.

They also had a sex pest as their chairman . I also suspect he had a part to play in our troubles which was an abuse of his power.

If you're talking about who I think you are then I have no doubt he had a massive part to play in bringing the tax man into play and enticing him to retrospectively change the rules in order to hammer Rangers and refuse to do a deal that might have saved the administration from taking place. :mad:

W.A.T.P.

potential investor.

If, as a society, we believe in rehabilitation then we have to trust that this guy has taken his conviction and punishment and learned from it. He says he has, and it's only right that he is given the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

His firm is employed to provide a service. We don't look into the background of every director of every firm we deal with - that's why there are financial service regulatory bodies etc.

Compare the tone of this with, say, Spiers defending the ex-Hearts nonce who 'just made a mistake' and 'deserves another chance'.

Edit: they're not even providing a financial service - they supply tills and card readers

Last edited:
He doesn’t actually work for Rangers anyway. His company has a contract with Rangers. Massive difference. Celtic have a convicted racist and man who shot a child with an air rifle working FOR them.
As well as numerous proven bigots, paedophile enablers and rabid rangers and Protestant haters...

a club open to all indeed... to all deviants

I expect the Knew Camp recruitment guys are checking out his LinkedIn profile as we speak.

Another day another deflection story. When will the 'HUGE!' story get an airing in this rhag?

Rangers, Hibs and St Mirren put a contract to tender and would’ve looked at Sporting Pay being used at the likes of Lords Cricket Ground and Sunderland FC. Two massive venues and gone on that basis.

Back