Sports Direct deal expires today.

ICA_86

Just saw this on Twitter:

Today marks the expiry of the renegotiated retail contract with Sports Direct.

The club can now expect a priority dividend from the winding up of Rangers Retail Limited.

It’s not something I was aware of - the dividend that is - so is anyone able to confirm this will be the case?

The club can now expect a priority dividend from the winding up of Rangers Retail Limited.

It’s not something I was aware of - the dividend that is - so is anyone able to confirm this will be the case?
Who posted it ICA?

We were led to believe in earlier threads the SD deal ran to the end of July. It was the reason for delayed availability of the new kit and merch.
It' s good news to hear our association with the worst business partner we ever had is over. But what is the reality on new merch availability?

Any truth in the JD Sports rumour? If that’s now Sports Direct our the picture for good then hopefully we get some news soon on the launch for the new kits.

In the last set of accounts, there was the three million payment to SD but around a million of that was to be offset due to dividends owed from the SD/RRL deal. I'm assuming that's what it relates to.

Was posted by a guy called Michael Seafarer on Twitter.

He believes it means that we can now announce a new retail partner but the deal with Hummel doesn’t start until a bit later.

The comments are misleading on twitter. It is a year since the announcement of the renegotiated terms, the new deal did not end a year to the day of the announcement. Led to believe it is July 31st the renegotiated deal concludes. All of Ashley's men have resigned from RRL around a month ago, Rangers under the deal are to receive a dividend as it is wound up.

The comments are misleading on twitter. It is a year since the announcement of the renegotiated terms, the new deal did not end a year to the day of the announcement. Led to believe it is July 31st the renegotiated deal concludes. All of Ashley's men have resigned from RRL around a month ago, Rangers under the deal are to receive a dividend as it is wound up.

Pity that but at least in 38 days we'll be rid of the fat pollution

It seems to stem from the deal being signed a year ago today and being stated that it was for ‘one year’ as opposed to a specific expiry date.

He believes it means that we can now announce a new retail partner but the deal with Hummel doesn’t start until a bit later.
The deal with Hummel has started.
It sounds like this guy is guessing.

Didn't think it was until the end of next month. Hope it's right though - would be good to move on from that scumbag Ashley.

It seems to stem from the deal being signed a year ago today and being stated that it was for ‘one year’ as opposed to a specific expiry date.

The agreement was made and signed the date of the announcement, but 12 Months from the date of commencement of the agreement not from the date of announcement.

"For obvious reasons it is not the practice for the details of commercial arrangements to be made public. However, in view of the publicity surrounding the previous agreements and the resultant boycott by supporters of kit purchases we consider it appropriate to give supporters some insight into the new arrangements.

"[Rangers] will now receive by far the majority of net profits from the retail operations at the Megastore and Webstore together with an equal share of all net profits from sales through SD. [Rangers] will also obtain a priority dividend on the winding up of RRL"

The original contract has been ripped up and a new 12-month contract put in place".

I know who Michael is, a good Bear, he is wrong because Hummel have already started, we just can't retail the kits yet (if we did Ashley would still get money). We can announce our new retail partner within 30 day run off of the existing deal. So announcement on that could come shortly after the 30th of June, to commence after 31st of July.

I know who Michael is, a good Bear, he is wrong because Hummel have already started, we just can't retail the kits yet (if we did Ashley would still get money). We can announce our new retail partner within 30 day run off of the existing deal. So announcement on that could come shortly after the 31st of June, to commence after 30th of July.

Roll on the 31st of June :p

I know who Michael is, a good Bear, he is wrong because Hummel have already started, we just can't retail the kits yet (if we did Ashley would still get money). We can announce our new retail partner within 30 day run off of the existing deal. So announcement on that could come shortly after the 30th of June, to commence after 31st of July.

He’s also replied to one boy saying that the accounting period of RLL was changed to reflect the new arrangements.

Does he know something we don’t?

Can’t wait to see the kits when they’re out.

The role played by the likes of SOS and other fan organisations in getting rid of Ashley should never be forgotten, as well as the balls of the board to take it to the limits as well.

Just another shambles of the last few years sorted.
Ticking them off one by one and getting our great club back to what it should be.

Very happy

Hopefully get a release date on the new kits then?

Seen a few (too many!) bheasts wearing their filth out here in Russia so far and wouldn't mind my mate bringing out a Gers top when visits next weekend for a game to wear the colours

The agreement was made and signed the date of the announcement, but 12 Months from the date of commencement of the agreement not from the date of announcement.

"For obvious reasons it is not the practice for the details of commercial arrangements to be made public. However, in view of the publicity surrounding the previous agreements and the resultant boycott by supporters of kit purchases we consider it appropriate to give supporters some insight into the new arrangements.

"[Rangers] will now receive by far the majority of net profits from the retail operations at the Megastore and Webstore together with an equal share of all net profits from sales through SD. [Rangers] will also obtain a priority dividend on the winding up of RRL"

The original contract has been ripped up and a new 12-month contract put in place".
Is that announcement from a year ago today?

“The original contract has been ripped up and a new 12-month contract put in place”

Would suggest the deal was signed before this announcement was made?

Puma deal has expired and its replacement, with Hummel as the supplier, already started.
Cheers mate, I thought this may be the reason for the delay in the new Strips being released, happy to be corrected.

Came up on my timehop that I ordered the home kit one year ago today, that was the day we could start buying them again!

Thing is though King stated in his presser the new deal was from intimidate effect and we could start buying kit, why would he tell the fans to buy stuff for a full month before the improved deal began?

Good shit, Now get the Orange away top out for the 12th of July game!

tenor.gif

Back