Sports Direct deal expires today.

Just saw this on Twitter:

Today marks the expiry of the renegotiated retail contract with Sports Direct.

The club can now expect a priority dividend from the winding up of Rangers Retail Limited.

It’s not something I was aware of - the dividend that is - so is anyone able to confirm this will be the case?

There should be a good £2.30 coming our way from that.

A day I thought would never come this early when we were very much suffering and tied into it just a few years ago. Our board has played a blinder with getting us released from this years earlier than we all thought.

Can’t praise them enough for this.
Amazing we had some of our own who were against the spivs leaving, even more amazing was our media’s silence on the country’s biggest institution being raped and pillaged from within.

I reckon it’s possible King had something on Ashley to get this result. We were legally tied in to an absolute sham of a contract and we managed to change that and then kicked them to the kerb.

It’s also possible that the thousands of bears who got behind the cause and boycotted the bastards with all our hearts didn’t do our cause any harm either.

Congratulations to every one of you who put his club before his own needs.

It’s a trait we should use much more often.

Last edited:
Thing is though King stated in his presser the new deal was from intimidate effect and we could start buying kit, why would he tell the fans to buy stuff for a full month before the improved deal began?

Effective form date of announcement there was an agreement on the new split between SD and TRIFC Plc., but as well as a new 12 Month agreement.

Can't come soon enough.

A fucking horrible partnership. I will go to my grave knowing that fat prick never got a penny out of me.

I bet the fat sloth Somers and the rest of them did alright. Cunts.

Let’s have a flag day when it ends and all SD advertising hung upside down for the afternoon (that would send a message to any TV coverage) before the post match ritual burning.

Glad to see the back of Fat Ashley no more of our Clubs money going to him and his ilk.
Only good for Rangers, and quite rightly so.

The club can now expect a priority dividend from the winding up of Rangers Retail Limited.

It’s not something I was aware of - the dividend that is - so is anyone able to confirm this will be the case?

The good news keeps coming, long may it continue, just keep the good publicity coming about us.We can handle it.
Have the media stopped going over to unwashed for lies.It's all about the people now.

Heart attack for fat Mike at the thought of missing out on our merchandise - please?

Sadly he won't give the slightest %^*&! It will have been another way to minimise his tax outgoings and considering he's one of the richest men in the UK he'll not lose much sleep. Well done to all bears for getting shot of the fat mess regardless as it may have secured our future as a club!

So July 31st then.

If that's the case I would like to hope that our kit is available for sale on 1st August, There should be no more delay than this, surely.

A day I thought would never come this early when we were very much suffering and tied into it just a few years ago. Our board has played a blinder with getting us released from this years earlier than we all thought.
Indeed, let the retail revenues flow.

Can’t praise them enough for this.
Amazing we had some of our own who were against the spivs leaving, even more amazing was our media’s silence on the country’s biggest institution being raped and pillaged from within.

I reckon it’s possible King had something on Ashley to get this result. We were legally tied in to an absolute sham of a contract and we managed to change that and then kicked them to the kerb.

It’s also possible that the thousands of bears who got behind the cause and boycotted the bastards with all our hearts didn’t do our cause any harm either.

Congratulations to every one of you who put his club before his own needs.

It’s a trait we should use much more often.

Don’t forget we paid SD to get out of the deal. They didn’t let us walk away for nothing. They still got a considerable sum of money that they were struggling to get because of the fans boycott

We must have a bonfire of their crap and in public, then the msm might just pay attention for once?

Does that mean we can expect the new strips to be in Megastore, JD sports, online, on the 1st of August?

I don’t think anyone knows the factual correct answer to this I’m affraid.

I’m sure all the merchandise is waiting behind the scenes to be released ASAP. Bloody better be me my 6 year old asks me EVERY day when he is getting his new Rangers strip

Think its been forgotten there are 3 distinct areas here.

Puma
Rangers retail
Hummel

Puma are at an end and we will be wearing hummel strip either v bury or the european game. Now bear in mind, i know nothing, just thinking logically, i wouldnt be stunned to see up play warm ups in training gear. Not the first time thats happened, it shouldnt be it might. Wont happen again after this summer.

Rangers retail detail re negotiated or not is still fairly bad for us compared to what we should and will have.

Hummel, we will have our new gear soon enough. I want my top and my sons top yesterday but it aint happening to maybe september. Its frustrating but it is what it is. Itll never happen like this again.

6 weeks or so of patience then a little more and a big chunk returns to us.

Maybe the fat man insisted the deal should extend to July 31st so he can grab a significant percentage profit of what we sold from June 21st, King had to agreed in order to get him to fek and it is him who's delaying the release to simply GIRUTC! ? :)

A public smashing of SD tatty oversized mugs and burning of the SD logo bags of any description and chuck a brick at a dummy fat mike day.

Does that mean we can expect the new strips to be in Megastore, JD sports, online, on the 1st of August?

I’m sure I remember the SLO tweeting a few weeks again that kits won’t hit shelves until mid August possibly closer to start of September.

After this season (late release due to SD & Puma deals expiring) we will return to our regular kit release schedule before the nonsense of the last few years so will return to early summer releases.

giphy.gif

Rangers Media Bears Den will be absolutely gutted

Good f.ucking riddance.

Last time I was in one was as part of the pay £1 for two basket's worth of goods protest at The Fort.

Right this is what i know.. The manager of the superstore told me it officially ends on the 31st of July,also told me that if Rangers didn't renew the retail deal with SD he would also have to leave as they pay more than Rangers paid him previously, when Ashley took over the superstore was refurbished and loads of new fixtures and fittings were put in place plus all the new electronic POS systems, these all belong to SD and the club would have to come to an agreement to purchase them.

I also asked him what was going on with the prices of jerseys in the superstore and why it had not dropped in price, told me that anything that is left in stock when the retail deal ends then Rangers have to pay the full RRP for it,not sure if he means everything in the superstore or everything in the superstore and what's left in SD shops.

Jerseys in the superstore are still around £33, I noticed last week that they were £19.99 in SD and strangely this week they have all gone back up in price to £33 which is pretty odd given the time of the year and new stuff about to hit the shelves soon.

Back