Sports direct Facebook post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If SD have an agreement to sell strips there will be a major gagging clause in it to stop the Club from commenting.

It's Fat Mikes MO. He did it with the payment to get out of the 7 year deal as it only came to light at the AGM because the payment was in the accounts.

Let me guess.

There's yet another clause in the contract that they are choosing to interpret one way and that our legal team have read another, and we're all going back to court yet again so SD can claim all of Castore's earnings and get an injunction to stop them dealing with us.

I have a feeling this is mischief making by SD and them taking advantage of us having a relatively small firm producing our kits, thinking that Castore won't know how to handle this legally and how to get these posts down.

It would be suicide for either Rangers or Castore to involve SD in any way whatsoever.

All sports retailers will be selling the tops from August the 1st.sports direct or any other retailer are not getting them for free they will have to pay to stock them.its not rocket science buy the strips from the rangers store and on line.

Well the word exclusive in my eyes tells me that there is obviously a deal done for them to be the store to supply it

They are hardly just going to post a statement for the crack
Yeh, will need to see how it develops and what info comes out.

Clearly been part of a deal to allow SD to sell the kits and also allow rangers to be free of any merchandising contract.

there should though, have been something by the way of clarity from the club, rather than having this being sprung on fans.

fans were delighted that we were free from his shackles and now, by way of surprise, this is happening.

the club should really come out and clarify.

Ashley’s language is money, it’s the only thing he understands. If there’s a way to make money from the biggest fan base in Britain, he’s gonna try and exploit it.

Let me guess.

There's yet another clause in the contract that they are choosing to interpret one way and that our legal team have read another, and we're all going back to court yet again so SD can claim all of Castore's earnings and get an injunction to stop them dealing with us.

My worry also

Sports Direct being associated with Rangers in any way is business suicide unless they're being subsidised by them in some way.
As others have said, if the only way to overcome the contract we had was for them to buy our merch at a fair price it’s a positive. Nobody will go to SD to buy it when we have other avenues directly related to the club.

Flies in the face of a "premium high end" sportswear brand wanting to be different.

Sat in an absolute cesspit of a shop with a company that's shown us nothing but contempt.

May not be Castores doing obviously but it needs fucking cleared up asap

The issue for me is, the Castore site is low on stock. It seems like sportdirect will be getting stock on 1st of August. So let’s be honest here, if people can get it they’ll go and get it because they won’t want to wait on it becoming available online if they can wander down the high street and pick it up. Annoying.

Let me guess.

Complete load of shite you just posted there mate.

They are just a shop to us now the same way they are to every other club.

This needs explaining to the fans how’s their has came about and what it involves!
Thought we seen the back of this fat lady's front bottom.

Why, they sell every other UK teams strips including celtic? If they want to give us money then let them, provided we get it up front.

I get stock can shift between retailers and fans can buy elsewhere but we should NOT be associated with them in any way. We should have not allowed them to be able to sell our kits. We can manage fine with Castore stores and online presence.

Aye to deal with issues that the fans have within his remit, he ain’t a club spokesman this is well outwith his remit. James Bisgrove or someone else much higher than SLO should be commenting on this

So he cant express his concerns to the guy and get this clarified cause its pissing the majority of bears off

FFS calm down.

JD sell our top - Not out retail partner
Greaves sell our tops - Not our retail partner
SD sell our tops - Not our retail partner

Its really not too difficult to understand a sports shop selling our strips.

Exactly, like or not their the UK biggest sport retailer. It's no different to how it was in the 90s, you buy direct from rangers they keep more of the profit. You could still go into JJB, JD etc and buy them. I honestly dont know why folk are shocked by this.

You do understand the simple difference between selling strips and being a retail partner?

Its not too difficult to understand.

Oh, I understand the simple (thanks for pointing that out) difference perfectly well.

Do you understand the difference between being told very clearly all along that the new arrangement was nothing whatsoever to do with Ashley then finding out SD are actually involved after all?

The general consensus was we were free of SD and free of Fat Mikes clutches, this would appear not to be the case.

It’s all well and good saying don’t buy from Sports Direct, there are thousands who probably still will, woman who aren’t clued up and want to buy it for their kids, other folk who don’t give a feck about who supplies it as long as they get it.

I get stock can shift between retailers and fans can buy elsewhere but we should NOT be associated with them in any way. We should have not allowed them to be able to sell our kits. We can manage fine with Castore stores and online presence.

Cant say I'm too bothered TBH, I wouldnt set foot in one of his shops anyway and if he wants to give us money then let him.

Exactly, like or not their the UK biggest sport retailer. It's no different to how it was in the 90s, you buy direct from Rangers they keep more of the profit. You could still go into JJB, JD etc and buy them. I honestly dont know why folk are shocked by this.
They are saying EXCLUSIVE

People trying to play this down is absolutely staggering

Oh, I understand the simple (thanks for pointing that out) difference perfectly well.

Do you understand the difference between being told very clearly all along that the new arrangement was nothing whatsoever to do with Ashley then finding out SD are actually involved after all?

How are they involved with our retail deal, stop making a fool of yourself.

JD are celtic's retail partner but guess what, SD sell their tops as well, not rocket science.

If Castore want to break into the football market then they'll need to deal with Mike Ashley at some point. As much as that irks us, but it's harsh fact of life. We got out of the deal, it's highly likely this is the collateral of getting out. A deal in which SD gets to sell our kits in their stores.

The club have stated the past retail deal with SD is gone and us buying from the club or Castore directly brings more money into the club coffers. I'm comfortable with that knowledge. Majority of the fans boycott SD, so I guess the club just simply neglected to mention it. Which doesn't sit a 100% right with me but I can understand why they did it, they aren't under any forced legal obligations to draw that deal to any attention. Which suggests to me the Club has no intention of being an active participant in this partnership. I'm inclined to take that as a positive. SD, JD, Greaves and various other outlets will no doubt stock our kits. As long as we get paid our rightful share then it's fine by me.

If the club have hid something from fans, they can seriously do one. Thats it. Done.

We have given them undying support through years of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back