Sports Writers POTY - Our Fab 4

Genuinely thought they would have put the French diddy on the list purely for his goal tally. Pleasantly surprised I was wrong.

Tough to choose, but its Shagger for me.

Each 1 has contributed massively this season. So hard to break them apart but I would pick Goldson has he has been the main stay in the team and a leader when Tav was out.

Could make a case for them all.

Davis for me, brains of the team with some utterly compelling performances.

I'd give it to McGregor, best keeper in Scotland, and right now he is easily 1 of the best in Britain.

Some of the saves he has made this year, in Europe particularly and against them, he broke physics.

Really difficult to separate them. For me it probably comes down to Davis or McGregor. McGregor because of the number of specific moments where he directly won us points this season, as valuable as a striker in that sense. Davis for - at times - almost singlehandedly carrying our midfield despite his ‘veteran’ status, in a season that probably quite a few of us didn’t think he’d be playing every week.

Couldn’t argue with Tav or Connor though for their contributions and consistency too.

My expectation is that Tav will win it.

Really difficult to separate them. For me it probably comes down to Davis or McGregor. McGregor because of the number of specific moments where he directly won us points this season, as valuable as a striker in that sense. Davis for - at times - almost singlehandedly carrying our midfield despite his ‘veteran’ status, in a season that probably quite a few of us didn’t think he’d be playing every week.

Couldn’t argue with Tav or Connor though for their contributions and consistency too.

My expectation is that Tav will win it.
I’m coming round to thinking Davo might win this one.
I think Tav or Connor will win the players player.

I’m actually looking forward most to who our own players vote their POTY.

Davis and McGregor are great players and have had great seasons there's no doubt about it but i haven't fully understood the push some have made to give either one of them the poty. I don't see why Kent hasn't been nominated either, the way he started and is currently ending the season is a level above anybody in the country. If Tav wouldn't have missed a couple of months with his injury i think he's comfortably poty but for me it should be between Goldson or Kent.

Goldson for me, just edges it from by a nose from Davis.

Goldson has been the ever present every minute of every match man. He is an unofficial captain and his leadership has been pivotal. He has also chipped in with 8 goals.

Davis a close second, as he has played much more than anticipated due to Jack injuries, and has actually got better as season has gone on, incredible for 36 and a close runner up.

Tav was a shoe in until February, but has missed two months which goes against him compared to Goldson stats.

McGregor has been outstanding, but far from overworked at times domestically when we have been so dominant with the ball, but has still made the saves when required.

Given it’s the writers, I’ve maintained Davis will win that one.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he also wins the SPFA one also for players

They would all be worthy winners but Tav, whilst also being defensively sound, has 33 direct goal involvements (18 goals, 15 assists) in 44 games from right back.

Everyone of them deserve it but after careful deliberation I’m going for our Captain James Tavernier think he showed on Sunday what an exceptional player he is.

They will give it to McGregor to make a point that he needed to make saves to keep their beloved Poops at bay.

Sportswriters will give to Greegs then forever more that but for him the scum would have beaten us every time conveniently forgetting they had no shots on target n the first game

Usually a bit of sentimentality comes into play when a veteran is up for it so expect it will be Davis or McGregor, probably Davis as he is more personable with the press
All 4 thoroughly deserve it so no complaint with whoever gets it
Will be delighted if we have all 4 at the start of the season

You could really pick a name out a hat for this one it is that close.

For me it is Tav or McGregor.

When Gerrard refers to the "leadership group" within our dressing room, that is the guys you think about straight away. We have some really talented young player but these senior pro's have been what's driven us forward this year. I wish they all could get the award.

Has this ever happened before where all the candidates are from one club?

I'd give it to Tav, his form was incredible up until his injury. Goals, assists, clean sheets, leadership, the lot.

However, I wouldn't have any complaints if any of the other guys received it, as they've all been superb and shown great consistency.

Back