Sportscene final score.

Went to school with Currie. He would have been the last person I would have thought would have became a sports presenter, never mind football?

Tim school? His weans go to a tim primary school in Paisley ... just curious.

I normally have Jeff and co on but we were at her dads about 6 weeks ago and he doesn't have sky. So he had Sportscene on with about 15 minutes to go.

There was a close chance. In a game. That they were all like "oooh that was close". For the next 5 minutes the 4 of them sat and discussed it amongst themselves.

"I mean he's went through there, squared it well and unlucky it's not beaten the keeper".

"Aye, he should maybe have squared it but it was a cracking ball to him from the centre half."

And on and on it went.

And at no point did these 4 fucking rank amateurs think to tell the viewer what game it was they were talking about. It was literally 4 fucking idiots talking about a game they could see on a screen that the viewer couldn't and at no point did they mention who the teams were.

A totally amateur show and when Michael "I'm so shite the SNP rejected me" is considered an expert, you're as well putting Come Dine With Me on and checking the scores on your phone.

Completely fair :)

Caught the end of the Auchinleck game and whoever the lassie was in the gantry offered absolutely nothing.

It rips my knitting that we have people proclaiming to be experts passing comment on a game that is above any level that they’ve actually played.

As a youngster Talbot used to always be there or thereabouts when the Junior Cup Final was on, why not seek out someone that maybe scored a winner and invite them in?

Just seen the highlights of the Raith game on it. After all three of his goals the Raith boy went to the fans with them spilling over trackside on the third. No booking and no outrage from the panel. Rightly a nothing incident, but We get ten replays and the a-z of how dangerous it is when Alfredo does, plus a card.....

Sportscene reminds me of that sinking feeling you associate with being stuck at yer grannies house on a Saturday afternoon as a kid.

Wait till you see the shite that will be on in the summer when the women’s World Cup starts.

Last edited:
Are they?
Could never handle my kids going to a RC school.
Bigot factories, surrounded by nuns and priests doing the rounds.
Difference is they haven't been brought up around religion, they went to school to learn that's it. Are they overtly religious yes, but both of them are atheists.

Difference is they haven't been brought up around religion, they went to school to learn that's it. Are they overtly religious yes, but both of them are atheists.
relgion is massive at a RC school, thats why a lot of them didnt/ dont get good jobs.
You go to school to learn maths, english etc.
Learning about relgion should be kept to a bare minimum and worship left for sundays.

relgion is massive at a RC school, thats why a lot of them didnt/ dont get good jobs.
You go to school to learn maths, english etc.
Learning about relgion should be kept to a bare minimum and worship left for sundays.
At no point have I disagreed with you, but some schools are better than others. It's not a blanket thing.

Its a blanket thing with me, keep away from RC s.
Schools that separate kids at 5 years of age should not be supported.
Its like south africa of old.
No wonder this country has went down the lavvy.
Thats my personal opinion and i respect your judgement.

Amateur hour-don't see the point in it at all. I would be good if Scottish football had a descent show on tv, because it is absolutely abysmal. Depressing and boring and an affront for licence payers.

Who is this oaf of a commentator who like yesterdays game spoke through the beginning of a minutes silence?

Top to bottom the sports department at BBC Scotland is amateur in the extreme.

It’s just as well people don’t have to voluntarily hand over money to watch that amateur stuff. If they did the programme would soon be taken off-air.

As soon as i see a woman pundit i turn it off

Woman know nothing about football and their opinions are irrelevant

I definitely agree about Female, Supposed pundits, however try arguing and many a Male has tried and failed with my better half about Rangers and your on a looser. Like myself she’s been going to Ibrox for over sixty five years, through the Bad and Good years, she’s got a Diamond Sharp memory for facts and figures, regarding Rangers.

That alex scott is everywhere on the tv at the moment she was even doing the basketball for skysports the other night.

Shes on fucking everything was watching football focus yesterday shes on that flick on the city game shes on there. Another thing football focus seemed to have 2 or 3 women doing the interviews with players. I'm all for equality but there seems to he a lot of women getting gigs on the mens game. I dont watch womens football but it was on in the pub last year England v Wales all pundits and commentators were women no men about. The way it should be in my opinion

Just been watching Eilidh Barbour on Football Focus and i think she is very sexy and also seems to have a good football knowledge too unlike these hopeless female pundits on Sportscene and BT sport.
I know a lot of people on here dont like her but would be interested to see if anybody agrees with me.

Just been watching Eilidh Barbour on Football Focus and i think she is very sexy and also seems to have a good football knowledge too unlike these hopeless female pundits on Sportscene and BT sport.
I know a lot of people on here dont like her but would be interested to see if anybody agrees with me.
Definitely I prefer men, cant believe gollums pumping her.

Went to school with Currie. He would have been the last person I would have thought would have became a sports presenter, never mind football?
You could say the same about English, Spiers or Chris McLaughlin - i bet they hate football with a passion

Reactions: ltb
Back