Sportscene highlights,predictable

Another 2 goals which shouldn't have stood according to that big Jessie Thompson. Its a drip drip drip of pressure on officials. Every Rangers goal must be questionable.
I’d love to erase that qunt from the Rangers history books.
Getting as high on my despise list as Dalziel and Dodds.
FFS, not even the St.Johnstone player claimed for a foul.

I also noticed Thompson said the linesman just guessed it wasn’t over the line(insinuating he did it cos it’s rangers IMO). Just give him credit for doing the right thing

Which was the correct thing to do if he wasn't 100% sure. Was Thompson suggesting that he should have 'guessed' it was a goal?

If so he needs sacked for being stupid at the minimum.

Another 2 goals which shouldn't have stood according to that big Jessie Thompson. Its a drip drip drip of pressure on officials. Every Rangers goal must be questionable.
What other one did he say shouldn’t have stood?

I also noticed Thompson said the linesman just guessed it wasn’t over the line(insinuating he did it cos it’s rangers IMO). Just give him credit for doing the right thing
How the %^*& would that big galoot know the ‘linesman just guessed it’?
Is the big fanny a mind reader now!

Surprisingly no they didn’t. Agreed it was the correct decision to play on.

Ignored the non-decision for the penalty and highlighted Defoe offside for the fourth - but didn’t really labour that point.

An interesting point, someone today posted that an attacking player can be offside if a part of his body with which you can score a goal is in an offside position. I think we all understand that. However, he went on to say that the rules are different for the defending player and that ANY part of the body, whether it can score a goal or not, can play someone onside. IF that is correct, I’d argue that the St J centre-backs HAND played Defoe onside..

Offside is a ridiculous rule and VAR shows how absurd it is.

Do you think they realise they are cutting their own throats with the biased agenda, less and less people are watching it, they are only praying to themselves

Certain topics like the Mendy one are filled with people saying that looking to be offended at anything, yet every single week there is a thread about how the big bad BBC didn’t show everything we want them to on their highlights show. It’s akin to going to a restaurant, not being happy with the food, but going back every week just in case. Repeat this for years.

BBC are scum. Sportscene is always shite, with the same limited anti-Rangers pundits we see everywhere. Why bother giving them the viewing figures and getting yourself wound up over it?

Had the linesman said it was over the line, that would have been a guess, I don't think he would have seen it due to the position of Helander so can't give it even if it was barely over the line.

I know the club wont want involved in a tit for tat spat, but when its every week we need to do something. Personally, its gone that far that its funny how desperate they are now. Would be funny if the players started ridiculing them, just a thought...

No one can deny if the handball incident had been in our box Scottish football would currently be in crisis - every columnist would be leading with it, the refs would be under fire and Michael Stewart would have gone actual rabid. As it was, it was Rangers not getting a stonewall penalty, so who gives a shit.

No one can deny if the handball incident had been in our box Scottish football would currently be in crisis - every columnist would be leading with it, the refs would be under fire and Michael Stewart would have gone actual rabid. As it was, it was Rangers not getting a stonewall penalty, so who gives a shit.

This is the problem we face in Scottish football today, no one is willing to see us win a game of football and just move on or, heaven forbid, give us credit for it. There has to be something contraversial to take the focus off our result or performance and if no controversy exists they will invent something like outrage over songs or fans over celebrating goals. Even wee things like Sutton mentioning the linesman being a Tory MSP is done to plant that seed that he is biased towards us because of his background. That is of course totally irrelevant but he knows what he's doing by mentioning it.

How come ever win Rangers get they have to try and make controversies up?
Yeah in their eyes we never win by blowing our opponents apart ,which we did yesterday in the second half, our goals are always contentious, contrast when the beasts from the east beat a team by 4 goals, it's always wonderful movement leading to the goal ,magnificent strike, great play leading up to the goal, ect….I always feel with us it's seems to be always, the other team failed to turn up ,shocking defending, there should have been a foul leading up to the goal ect…..If they give us credit it's always grudgingly

Yeah in their eyes we never win by blowing our opponents apart ,which we did yesterday in the second half, our goals are always contentious, contrast when the beasts from the east beat a team by 4 goals, it's always wonderful movement leading to the goal ,magnificent strike, great play leading up to the goal, ect….I always feel with us it's seems to be always, the other team failed to turn up ,shocking defending, there should have been a foul leading up to the goal ect…..If they give us credit it's always grudgingly

The commentary did mention our 'silky' football in a move up the right wing which, I think, led to Aribo cutting in with 'dancing feet' and having a pop at goal. Small mercy's and all that.:)

They didnt no Stewart actually praised Davis for the clearance on the line and Thompson said the angle confirms whole ball wasnt over. I was a bit disappointed as I thought they might have said it was a goal only reason I watched it.

seriously :D

I thought their coverage of our game was fair enough, at least the commentator showed surprise at the non award of our penalty although they could have spent 30 seconds during the review on it.

I used to endure this amateur and biased pish but can't be bothered now. It's ahite, they talk shite and most of standard of football is shite.

I do not bother now and haven't for a couple of years

Despite the fact i hate Stewart i can almost excuse it as he's clearly a bitter bastard.

As for Thompson though, we surely gave him the best years of his playing career and it was also the most money he was ever on at a club so i find his constant digs even harder to stomach.

When you have a presenter and 2 pundits stacked against us they are not even caring about being impartial.

With this being OUR national TV highlights package though it has to be addressed as many other fans of other teams will be getting the wrong impression.

Defoe's second and Goldsons for a push.
To be fair, they didn't make a big deal about either, and were accurate when speaking about both. The penalty we should have had was spoken about in the commentary, where they said it was clear. Overall there is nothing to moan about. I think goldson's push was actually described as good play.

Davidson used his chest ...no pen....move along
I must have missed that type of comment. I'm sure I heard the commentator say it was a penalty. I did hear Gerrard say it wasn't though. Do we hate him for blatantly ignoring a national conspiracy against us?

Did brown even get booked for that challenge that led to the penalty??

It was a bad one just like the Hamilton player

Also was Arfield booked for his challenge that led to the Livi penalty last week?

Murray Davidson should've had a 2nd yellow & hence a red before SD cleared his 'shot' off our line & long before he received no penalty for deliberate handball to prevent a goal scoring opportunity. The SMSM sees & reports only what suits CSC's agenda

I know the club wont want involved in a tit for tat spat, but when its every week we need to do something. Personally, its gone that far that its funny how desperate they are now. Would be funny if the players started ridiculing them, just a thought...
They never said any of the things people wanted to hear to get angry about. So they’re just making it up so they can be angry.

Back