Sportscene returns with Saturday night Premiership highlights

rangeral

Sportscene, BBC Scotland's flagship football programme, will return on Saturday evenings this season for the first time since 2002. The Scottish Premiership kicks off on 1 August and we will show the best of the day's action and reaction each week.

Fans can also keep up to date with matches as they happen on Sportscene Results, BBC Radio Scotland and on the BBC Scotland website. The Friday Championship and Sunday Sportscene programmes will continue.

Live action from the Scottish second tier, Saturday evening Premiership highlights and Sunday programme will be on the BBC Scotland channel, with the latter offering more action, analysis and talking points from the entire weekend's matches.

Sportscene Results will be broadcast on BBC One Scotland on Saturday afternoons and the Sunday edition of Sportscene will also be aired on BBC One Scotland later in the evening. While the top tier begins in just under a month, the Scottish Professional Football League's three other divisions resume in a shortened 27-game format on 17 October.

Surely they won’t put it up against Match of the day?
Would be decent enough if it was 9ish it was on.

While they have said what time I think it will broadcast on the BBC Scotland channel?

That way they can 9pm

Is the league being paid for this or is this another sweetener given away for ending the season early?

The BBC Sportscene highlights programme will last 20 minutes if Alfredo transfers. Their obsession with criticising him consumes a fair chunk of the pundits time and their fear and hatred of him.

Honestly can say I haven't watched it in years, going by the comments you can see the agenda and anti-rangers bias being pushed every show...avoid!

A shit show with less than 5 mins of Gers game highlights followed by wankers trying each week to take our club down whilst ejaculating about the filth being so good.
you will be off your nut to watch this crap.

Just hope they don't move MOTD to accommodate this!.
Sportscene will be shown on the BBC Scotland channel.

MOTD will be shown on BBC One.

Lineker, Shearer & Keown or

Goggle-eyes, Hipster Thommo & Mikey, Bio mechanics, Legal expert, Failure, Stewart.

Tough choice eh.

Boycott is over as far as I am aware. McLaughlin will be allowed back in too.
tenor.gif

I`ll record it for the Rangers highlights and watch MOTD on BBC1 England,watching the rest of the highlights feels like watching English 2nd division teams.

Didn’t they used to delay the output of MOTD and show it after sportscene

MoTD used to only feature two main games.

In the 90s/early 00s, you'd get Sportscene with for example Rangers v Aberdeen, 10 minutes with Dougie Donnelly & DJ going over the game and all other results, then the two big english games all covered within Sportscene.

I'm glad it's back in it's proper slot, despite it being a farce for years. Kids in Scotland have been presented an inferior product for years. I used to be so happy being allowed to stay up late to watch it.

The utter deflation when Dougie would appear before Casualty to announce they'd covered sellik or "the new firm" was crushing

I’ll only watch it if they put Songs of Scotland with big Peter Morrison and wee Alastair McDonald on before it again.

If they would just show the highlights and leave out the pretentious pseudo-intellectuals talking shite after each game, I might be more inclined to actually watch it at some point.

I'd like to see someone with the drive of Bisgrove get a hold of marketing Scottish football. We are fed piss poor production values, comic book villain pundits, drab guests, cardboard cut out sets, crap camera angles and highlights that last 4.5 -5 minutes per game. Its dross. Then MOtD comes on and they spend a fortune on it.

Why do I have to listen to Steven Thomson and Michael Stewart when there are genuine stars of Scottish football who could offer comment? Even if they got big names like Larsson, Sauzee, Numan or whoever and had a genuine football discussion around what we were watching, fronted by a top class presenter

Sportscene will show all of the day's Scottish Premiership goals every Saturday evening this season.

The hour-long show - which will return to Saturdays for the first time since 2002 - will be on the BBC Scotland channel from 1 August at 19:30 BST, presented by Jonathan Sutherland.

Steven Thompson will helm the Sunday programme, which starts with Celtic v Hamilton Academical the next day.

Ross County v Motherwell will also have its own highlights show on 3 August.

So, too, will the contest between Hibernian and Dundee United on 11 August, before a five-game programme the following evening.

Fans can also keep up to date with matches as they happen on Sportscene Results, BBC Radio Scotland and on the BBC Scotland website. And all the goals will be online on the day of each game.

Sportscene Results will be on BBC One Scotland on Saturday afternoons and the Sunday edition of Sportscene will also be repeated on BBC One Scotland later in the evening.

The Friday Championship programme will return when the second-tier season starts on 17 October and will be co-presented by Scotland international Leanne Crichton and Jonathan Sutherland.

Each of the programmes will include pundits from the women's game, current Scottish Premiership players as well as current and former Scotland internationals.

Richard Gordon will be in the presenter's chair for Sportsound on Saturdays, with Jane Lewis at the helm of the Sunday edition.

Back