Sportscene

Morelos was onside last week, Arfield gets a touch before it goes to Morelos so he’s on again by that point
Its the touch by arfield that i think makes him off. If the original ball had gone straight to morelos i think he was on.by time arfield had touched it he had moved offside

Ball doesn’t go forward from Matondo in my view.

Watched the replay and said to my boy he was offside, they showed a slightly different angle and the ball definitely goes slightly back the way, certainly not forward. I thought the ball had to go forward for someone to be offside.

Can you not read where I said it was one angle, from their main camera high in the stand, if I saw an angle down in line with the penalty box then it may have been clearer to me but from the angle shown it wasn’t clear whether he was offside or not.
Yea i can clearly read very well thank you. Im simply stating it was 100% offside.no need to get lippy about it

James McFadden was on Dundee Utd Thursday,Dundee last night, sportscene tonight and doubtless Celtic tomorrow.

Stewart is disappointed we have such strength in depth now. Somehow managed to turn it in to a negative because we should be bringing younger players through.

Yet King got some game time and Lowry once fully fit will be on the bench.

Am I the only person who doesn’t fully understand the offside rules nowadays anyway.
Second phase of play, what is that all about.

Ball passed back the way, can’t be offside.
Yes you can.

This is a bit like folk saying last man = professional foul.

People who know the rules try to explain it by saying something a little bit lazily and then people who don't know the rules misinterpret it.

The rule is the player can't be offside if he is behind or level with the ball. Usually that means if the ball gets cut back you'll be onside. But this is the time where the wording matters (or at least could have). The ball goes backwards to Colak but he was still in front of it when it was played, so is offside.

It was a strange comment. Agreed we have good players in the youths, but you dont get the same as you will from a 28 year old player.
Especially a new player like Lawrence, don't want him playing 90 mins in between CL matches but still want him integrating as quickly as possible, getting goals etc. Stewart is plain terrified.

Back