Spurs friendly 23rd July

My face was completely straight. Then and now. Needed a level of loony as a reference point, and what better than the US left, and to a lesser extent the right. Sorry if a serious dig, followed by two humorous ones, may have hit a nerve. That was not my intent.

Club should present a signed top, a plate purchased from an advert placed in a Sunday paper magazine by a mob with a name like the Dangleberry Mint, and a gonk, to "And Dave" from the UK's greatest ever band, Chas & Dave.

He could appear out of the tunnel at half-time, then four Royal Marine Commandos could parachute in, along with a piano.

Sadly Chas has passed on, but we could instead bring in Rod Cloutt, the Chicory Tip keyboard wizard who made famous the tune that would be changed slightly, and enjoyed by Bears in the rousing chorus, "Oh, Shitey-shitey, Shitey-shitey, Shitey-shitey Galloway."

Not only could he provide the keyboard backing that is missed so much by Dave, he'd probably only charge about £3.

Then we could start a half-time knees up, and not stop for an hour, because friendly matches are complete and utter wank.

Club should present a signed top, a plate purchased from an advert placed in a Sunday paper magazine by a mob with a name like the Dangleberry Mint, and a gonk, to "And Dave" from the UK's greatest ever band, Chas & Dave.

He could appear out of the tunnel at half-time, then four Royal Marine Commandos could parachute in, along with a piano.

Sadly Chas has passed on, but we could instead bring in Rod Cloutt, the Chicory Tip keyboard wizard who made famous the tune that would be changed slightly, and enjoyed by Bears in the rousing chorus, "Oh, Shitey-shitey, Shitey-shitey, Shitey-shitey Galloway."

Not only could he provide the keyboard backing that is missed so much by Dave, he'd probably only charge about £3.

Then we could start a half-time knees up, and not stop for an hour, because friendly matches are complete and utter wank.
Everything ok at home admin?

Sounds perfect. I'm in.
One of my favourite ever gigs was Chas and Dave at the O2 in Glasgow some years ago. Union flags everywhere. Total knees up!
I'd be happy to play piano for Dave at half time if he'd keep an eye on my son in the Spurs end second half as that's his English team.
Could be my first ever half 'n half scarf purchase as well...

6-ED85-EE5-39-C2-4297-9570-E16056451-DE9.gif

Aye, a Spurs fan in work, cannot wait for this. Weekend in Glasgow and first visit to Ibrox. Said he thinks their allocation will comfortably sell out.
Im looking forward to it as well and expect a bumper crowd.

Outside of the Big 2 this is the most Box-Office draw both in terms of fan interest and as a Football test for Rangers.

I just hope Spurs have a clean bill of health and arent in some sort of Spurs-like pre-season meltdown with the Manager having just quit or such like.

Friendly matches are too often a non-event but this has potential to be good fun.

It’s a pity that it wasn’t in London. Their stadium looks mighty impressive

Been down once for the NFL, it's a truly brilliant stadium tbf. Really well laid out. Bit embarrassing the game I went too (Jags v Dolphins) actually set an attendance record for the place. It had been open for ages and Spurs had never filled it....

Got hospitality for it. Will be taking my wife (well, we are getting married June 11th) to her first game at Ibrox and she has arranged us to go to that. She has a liking for Spurs so it's gonna be a good day out.

My old man took me to Ibrox for the pre season friendly against Spurs in August 1982, lost 1-0 to a Gary Mabbutt goal. Beautiful sunny day, big crowd and both teams wearing their new strips. He bought me the new top, a ball and a pennant out of the old Rangers shop on the corner of Copland Road before the game for my birthday.
Great memories.

Got hospitality for it. Will be taking my wife (well, we are getting married June 11th) to her first game at Ibrox and she has arranged us to go to that. She has a liking for Spurs so it's gonna be a good day out.
Likewise, Ibrox suite with a spurs mate, looking forward to it.

There ain't no pleasing you

Been down once for the NFL, it's a truly brilliant stadium tbf. Really well laid out. Bit embarrassing the game I went too (Jags v Dolphins) actually set an attendance record for the place. It had been open for ages and Spurs had never filled it....
I'm pretty sure that would be because there's no segregation at the NFL games so every seat can be sold.

Spurs won't have "filled it" because they're simply not allowed to.

I'm pretty sure that would be because there's no segregation at the NFL games so every seat can be sold.

Spurs won't have "filled it" because they're simply not allowed to.

I mean the total for the NFL game was more than 3k higher than anything Spurs have ever managed. 3k for segregation?

Back