Spurs game - Springfield Quay

Northampton Lodger

I love honking my horn
Staying there on the Saturday night with my son who is 17. Seems like a few new places since we last shared there. Is the Indian any good ? Would you need to book in advance,

Staying there on the Saturday night with my son who is 17. Seems like a few new places since we last shared there. Is the Indian any good ? Would you need to book in advance,
I’d walk a bit further up mate and go to La Fiorentina - it’s excellent and good value.

You have you usual fast food places at the Quay if you guys would rather have that

I’d walk a bit further up mate and go to La Fiorentina - it’s excellent and good value.

You have you usual fast food places at the Quay if you guys would rather have that
That’s good to know probably grab something quick before the game and somewhere decent after it. Is La Fiorentina really formal or fairly relaxed . Never been in it although I have probably walked past it hundreds of times,

That’s good to know probably grab something quick before the game and somewhere decent after it. Is La Fiorentina really formal or fairly relaxed . Never been in it although I have probably walked past it hundreds of times,
Informal mate but on match days best to book - we usually head in before European games - usually do a couple of course for £12 ish which is decent value for what you get.

Only about 25 min walk to the stadium - I usually park down near the Quay as sitting on PrW in traffic to get on the motorway is brutal.

Informal mate but on match days best to book - we usually head in before European games - usually do a couple of course for £12 ish which is decent value for what you get.

Only about 25 min walk to the stadium - I usually park down near the Quay as sitting on PrW in traffic to get on the motorway is brutal.
That sounds like a plan . Will book it today,

Would your son pass for 18? If so get him a burger after the game and take him along to Seventh Heaven.
No, looks 16/17. Tried to sneak him into Oswalds last time I was up and he crumbled when the security guy challenged him. Got into the one round the corner from the Orange Club near the stadium.

Just googled that - we are dour Presbyterians not into that kind of thing :))

No, looks 16/17. Tried to sneak him into Oswalds last time I was up and he crumbled when the security guy challenged him. Got into the one round the corner from the Orange Club near the stadium.

The Quayside is a good shout if you want a pint before the game mate.

If it’s an Indian you are after I can highly recommend the Punjabi Ibrox on Paisley Road West. Sits between the Urban Glasgow Hotel and the Shell garage but on the opposite side of the road.

Is it any good in there? Midweek games i use the park and ride at Shields Road and get off at Cessnock, always been packed in there whenever I've walked past
In my opinion ( sorry for jumping in) it’s more a lunch place which makes it good on match days. It’s also unlicensed unless it’s changed recently but I doubt that. La fiorentina is excellent.

Cheers mate, might just give it a go next midweek game as i usually just go to the chippy next to Cessnock. La Fiorentina sounds good btw
It’s decent. Does a good lunch as I say , and plenty on the plate, Middle Eastern tasty food and they make their own bread which is a nice touch. La fiorentina do some good Italian specials, and I’ve had a few good fish dishes in there. Enjoy mate.

If it’s an Indian you are after I can highly recommend the Punjabi Ibrox on Paisley Road West. Sits between the Urban Glasgow Hotel and the Shell garage but on the opposite side of the road.
Cheers - I seen there was an Indian on the estate, I think it looks like Italian now.

La Fiorentina is nice,it is about £17 for two courses early Saturday evening and £22 later in the evening.
Food is nice and tasty,menu is decent.
You would be well advised to book in advance.

I know it's not the same but we stayed at the Ibis at Springfield quays and there is a Nandos just over the road.
That’s where I booked . Last time we were in the centre near George Square and the queue was murder for the underground. Not doing that again , just going to use the hotels near the stadium. Think there was a problem on the line which didn’t help. I don’t mind Nando’s but am thinking will try the Italian.

Lies, I've seen you in Urban Tiger.

That’s where I booked . Last time we were in the centre near George Square and the queue was murder for the underground. Not doing that again , just going to use the hotels near the stadium. Think there was a problem on the line which didn’t help. I don’t mind Nando’s but am thinking will try the Italian.
I was there for a stag weekend in May. There was some milenials with us so Nandos was handy. The hotel's ok a bit cheep and cheerful but clean and handy for Ibrox.

Back