Spurs give first look at 'world-first dividing retractable pitch' for new stadium

That's mental.

Shows you how much money is sloshing around in the Premier League.

Also not sure about all this NFL/NBA in England stuff, tickets are a fortune. I guess if you are really into it then you'll go.

Either way I would rather go to Ibrox.

That's incredible.

Will spurs be hosting NFL games regularly? Seems extreme if they aren't

It's pretty cool but will the pitch not feel like it's on suspension of some sort - rather than giving a solid feel of having the grass right onto the ground. Might feel a bit bouncy.

Incredible technology.
I assume they're intending to host NFL games... Must be a massive money spinner

Theres an American football stadium and their whole pitch slides outside to allow monster truck shows. Cant remember the name of the stadium but it was pretty impressive. Yet in a country where hardly a day passes without rain and the winter can cancel games there is'nt a single stadium with a retractable roof. Couple that with the SFA's bizarre resistsnce to summer football then its no wonder scottish football so pish.

That's very impressive, take it WHL will be hosting the NFL games instead of Wembley. Actually I guess they've been given assurances that they'll get NFL games or that will be a very expensive white elephant.

Theres an American football stadium and their whole pitch slides outside to allow monster truck shows. Cant remember the name of the stadium but it was pretty impressive. Yet in a country where hardly a day passes without rain and the winter can cancel games there is'nt a single stadium with a retractable roof. Couple that with the SFA's bizarre resistsnce to summer football then its no wonder scottish football so pish.

The Arizona cardinals stadium is the 1 your thinking of.

Impressive to see, can't help but think that with the football pitch being wheeled in on runners that the pitch won't feel stable like 99% of the others with a solid base. Im sure with the tech included its unlikely that will be the case but thats the impression i got watching the video.

Sickens me the money clubs get down there. We're bigger than most of them and they're just getting further and further ahead . Sad reality!

Very impressive nonetheless

Last edited:
The pitch for football is grass.
Spurs have signed a deal that guarantees them a certain number of nfl games over the next x years.
They use Wembley and Twickenham just now. Think Twickenham will give way

My worry is it plays like Monaco's stade de Car park.
All very nice in theory, but will it truly transfer the feel and bounce of a solid pitch?

I'm sure a dutch team had something similar in that the pitch could be rolled in and out of the stadium depending on events.

The way of the future, I take it the grass is rolled outside allowing the sun to get at it.
Amazing.

I'm sure a dutch team had something similar in that the pitch could be rolled in and out of the stadium depending on events.

They did, I can't recall the club but their stadium was done up for when Holland / Belgium hosted the Euros

Been talk for a while now about a NFL franchise based in London so I presume this is being done with the goal of the being based there

I believe they have a 10 year deal to play 2 NFL games per season.

The stadium will be sensational and the one big "Kop" style stand behind the goal will create and incredible atmosphere. Very jealous of what they are creating.

That looks fantastic. I bet season ticket prices will be expensive though.

Back