Squad depth looking good

Super Cooper

One we get the new LB i'm happy for the season ahead with good depth in the squad

FYanERUXkAAmZaN

I’d have thought we’d be looking to move both Katic and Simpson on, at least on loan, Middleton too, while Ofoborh looks like he’s probably never going to feature for us, although I appreciate he won’t be going anywhere.

Personally I wouldn’t have handed new contracts to both Arfield and Davis as it may very well preclude us bringing anyone else in to the middle where we look amply stocked.

As said elsewhere, I still feel we lack one player of real game changing quality in that area, but it could be the new recruits compensate for that.

All in all it’s been a good window (assuming we sign Yilmaz) and we may still add one or two more if we qualify for the Champions League.

It's looking good can't help feeling it's more of squad with the idea in mind to bring through some of these player's to sell on for a huge profit so we end up improving season by season
Makes good business sense plus have a team to complete at a high level while doing it

As others have said, it needs trimmed down, a bit of deadwood there that if shifted could help with Kent’s and Morelos’ contracts.

Whats unusual about it?
He's not our player.
What do you think is normal about another clubs player being on our squad list?

I've not see that before.
I didn't see Bassey on Ajax squad list until 5 days after it was all but confirmed, when it actually was confirmed.

He's not on Rangers web site anywhere as being our player.
He's not on the transfer thread as our player.
He's not our player as things stand.

This place is fucking mental on another level.
It's no where near fucking normal.
But anything for an argument. Eh?

The tweet this graphic is taken from mentioned Gio all but confirmed Yilmaz is signed. Further said no more signings are due, unless anyone moves out.
I listened to 2 interviews from Gio at the weekend and didn't hear that.
But if he did say that.
Then it's a little strange but understandable given the managers comments would have been the correct reply from certain twisted up starts above.

I’d have thought we’d be looking to move both Katic and Simpson on, at least on loan, Middleton too, while Ofoborh looks like he’s probably never going to feature for us, although I appreciate he won’t be going anywhere.

Personally I wouldn’t have handed new contracts to both Arfield and Davis as it may very well preclude us bringing anyone else in to the middle where we look amply stocked.

As said elsewhere, I still feel we lack one player of real game changing quality in that area, but it could be the new recruits compensate for that.

All in all it’s been a good window (assuming we sign Yilmaz) and we may still add one or two more if we qualify for the Champions League.
Arfield Davis is a reasonable move with qualifyers around the corner and a long season expected.

They will add experience when it's needed a lot the players we have signed are pretty young or inexperienced in the demands we have

Super Cooper, thanks for taking the time to lay out the graphic and post it.
It's a nice easy way to look at where we are at.
A few more still need offloaded if possible but overall a good window so far.

He's not our player.

I didn't see Bassey on Ajax squad list until 5 days after it was all but confirmed, when it actually was confirmed.

I'm laughing at your rant about this and it's this place and not you that's mental

Maybe he should have put Yilmaz is italics or something to stop you having a meltdown about it

BJK pretty much confirmed they have sold him to us on their official twitter account and he has done interviews saying good bye.

Hes has signed for us. Just needs to be officially announced by the club

I guess he included him because he is expected to sign any day now.
But the OP didn't put +4 for Tavernier. Both potential not yet factual announcements. Another promising post destroyed by a schoolboy lack of accuracy and desire to push a personal agenda. Probably a non ST holder

Last edited:
Out

Katic
Simpson
Kelly
Middleton
Roofe

Replace Roofe with a reliable striker and I think that will be us.
Agreed. I like big Katic but its abundantly clear he's down the pecking order. Simpson even more so. Can't disagree with any of the others either. Striker needed for me even if Roofe stays and being greedy another attacking midfielder

Arfield Davis is a reasonable move with qualifyers around the corner and a long season expected.

They will add experience when it's needed a lot the players we have signed are pretty young or inexperienced in the demands we have
It could be argued however that retaining both makes it more difficult for Gio to persuade the board he still needs another player in there.

As of this minute it certainly looks like there is no further activity in that area pending.

Both do provide us with experience, but both also take up wages.

An alternative may have been to use both of their salaries towards pushing the boat out for one experienced player of greater quality?

I guess we’ll see.

He's not our player.

Is it just me that read that in an Edinburgh accent?

But the OP didn't put +4 for Tavernier. Both potential not yet factual announcements. Another promising post destroyed by a schoolboy lack of accuracy and desire to push a personal agenda. Probably a non ST holder
You do know it was done by the Athletic Right? ThrobberThrobberThrobber more like B-D:shh:

I still worry about Tav getting an injury, he is pretty much irreplaceable still.

Think that CM list of players shows exactly why arfield and Davis got new contracts. Take them out of there it’s Jack, lundstrum and Kamara as sands has been predominantly CB.

Back