Squad Rotation

yosemite sam

I understand the logic in this.It can be a long season,and the extra games in Europe as well.
IMO though,certain positions should never alter if it can be helped(suspensions and injuries aside),and that is your entire defence.
I think we know our strongest,and that's what we should use all the time for league and European games.The only time this should alter,apart from what I said,is if you are comfortably winning a game then take a defender off,or if its against lower league opposition(like the Ayr game).
Too much tinkering with defence leads to mistakes.If its not broken,dont fix it.Goldson and Katic have struck up a good partnership,and in the games they have played we have been very solid.

Our strongest team right now is McGregor, Tav, Katic, Goldosn, Barisic, Jack, Coulibaly, Arfield, Candeias, Morelos, Kent. You pick that team right now for all league games unless a player is injured.
Putting Ejaria in the team just because or Worrel is madness. Lafferty on the left whenm we have four wingers and good ones is also madness.
Our away form is only a problem because Gerrard is trying to be far to clever away from home.

In the last 5 games we have had 3 different centre back pairings, never the same two on the bounce:

Dundee - Goldson/Katic
Villarreal - Goldson/Worrall
St Johnstone - Goldson/Katic
Ayr - Katic/Worrall
Livingston - Goldson/Worrall

I get the Ayr game being different but when you are trying to get a new team to gel constantly messing around with it doesn’t help.

Midfield is much the same story.

The management team rotate because they see the player's data and listen to the players e.g. Katic patiently explaining that his back is sore for days after playing on shite pitches.
The manager has believed that the squads he's picked have enough skill, pride and desire to compete with Celtic, Motherwell and Livingston. I hope he's now learned that they don't and guts the shameless shitebags.
The flaw in playing the same eleven is what happens when you get injuries and the probability of fatigue setting in in several positions, especially given our schedule.
The players let the manager down, it wasn't the other way about.

Our strongest team right now is McGregor, Tav, Katic, Goldosn, Barisic, Jack, Coulibaly, Arfield, Candeias, Morelos, Kent. You pick that team right now for all league games unless a player is injured.
Putting Ejaria in the team just because or Worrel is madness. Lafferty on the left whenm we have four wingers and good ones is also madness.
Our away form is only a problem because Gerrard is trying to be far to clever away from home.
I agree,but sometimes you can get away with one or two players from midfied/stikers changed,but if your entire defence is solid and have a great understanding,why change it?
If some players are here on loan and have been assured of certain game time if they came,then that would be disappointing.Every player should have to fight to get a place in the team,and the defence has been playing very well.

I would swap out candieas for grezda, candieas ain’t the quality we need to bring 55 home

Back