Jack Butland Potential England Call Up

It's bordering on entitlement.

Southgate isn't going to do a feedback session to the media on who didn't get in and why.
To be fair he did do that in his press conference, Butland never got a mention either from him or the media (as far as I’ve seen) which suggests he wasn’t as close to a call up as many thought.

I'll retract my statement that seems to have annoyed you, I guess waistcoats can be masculine for some.
And Southgate has given a full breakdown on why White, Phillips, Sterling etc aren't in and why the likes of Gomez, Branthwaite and Gordon are.
Still nothing on JB, which is strange considering ALL the noise around it, which let's be fair wasn't fan noise or media noise this was from the England GK coach and Manager himself. So there's no lashing out just Rangers fans questioning why a top Rangers player isn't receiving International honours.
Folk are mental on here that they think there can't be a debate on Scotland or England squads and International managers cannot be questioned. That's the embarrassment
Well diverted.

I didn't criticise anyone for discussing it, I criticised the overly emotional nonsense and in your case, the homophobic slur you used.

I know you were just being a smart arse, but as you well know - the m word in your post is a homophobic slur...nobody said anything about waistcoats.

You're totally out of order and should've been banned for posting it

Pretty sure Butland would have cut the holiday short to get back if asked.

Edit: I see Trafford has simply been promoted from the u21s. That actually makes sense.

Pretty sure Butland would have cut the holiday short to get back if asked.

Edit: I see Trafford has simply been promoted from the u21s. That actually makes sense.
I have a little doubt that Trafford will be a future England keeper, and I expect him to transfer to another EPL club when Burnley are relegated.

Southgate is an utter gimp of a guy. You’d think he’d be booted following another soon to be unsuccessful Euros (due to him) but then I would absolutely not be surprised if they don’t.

Pretty sure Trafford has been dropped from Burnley recently for being crap last few weeks too but it will just be a call up from u21s.

Southgate is an idiot, where I think Clarke will choose Craig Gordon in the Euros squad as a safe pair of hands if Gunn is injured. If Pickford gets injured, England are screwed.

Well diverted.

I didn't criticise anyone for discussing it, I criticised the overly emotional nonsense and in your case, the homophobic slur you used.

I know you were just being a smart arse, but as you well know - the m word in your post is a homophobic slur...nobody said anything about waistcoats.

You're totally out of order and should've been banned for posting it
Copped a deserved ban because being offensive is offensive, Southgate is a weak manager. Waistcoat will be nowhere to be seen because his PR team know it's a horrendous look.
Brazil have lost their last 3 games before deservedly humbling England at the home of football.

Pretty sure Trafford has been dropped from Burnley recently for being crap last few weeks too but it will just be a call up from u21s.

Southgate is an idiot, where I think Clarke will choose Craig Gordon in the Euros squad as a safe pair of hands if Gunn is injured. If Pickford gets injured, England are screwed.
Pope should be fit by the euros so they’d be fine in that scenario.

Being head hunted by Man United seemingly.

Ratcliffe getting off to a roaring start on running the footballing side of things. o_O
The best I heard was Utd have pulled out of a deal for Todibo because they can't agree a fee. Ineos literally own both sides and cannot agree a fee! Southgate will be the icing on the cake for this shitshow

There's just absolutely no logic to that. Calling up a 21 year old who has conceded 39 goals this season.

Southgate is a total loser.
There’s not a lot of logic in holding goals conceded against a keeper who’s got arguably the worst defensive line in the league in front of him. I doubt Super Jack’s goals conceded would look great if he was the Burnley keeper.

There’s not a lot of logic in holding goals conceded against a keeper who’s got arguably the worst defensive line in the league in front of him. I doubt Super Jack’s goals conceded would look great if he was the Burnley keeper.
On his current form Burnley would be 17th

There's just absolutely no logic to that. Calling up a 21 year old who has conceded 39 goals this season.

Southgate is a total loser.
Of course there is logic to it. He is the under 21 goalkeeper who helped them win the Euros recenty saving penalties in the shootout to help them do so.

We have already lost Sima and Yilmaz to injury on International duty. Keep the big man safe and sound for the run in.

England have great players but Mr Conservative (not political) makes them hard to watch.

They can't play Malta or San Marino all the time.

They should be playing like some of the players clubs do and try to pump opponents by playing fast, intelligent passing football.

Amy team with Bellingham, Foden, Saka, Kane, Stones and Rice when all fit should be playing good stuff. Walker is also decent as are the permainjured James and Alexander Arnold. Maddison good but seldom gets a look in. Then Grealish ain't bad.

Imagine having all that and looking like a Gio / Beale side plodding about from side to side.

A good manager would relish working with that lot imo. Folk will argue Southgate is good but just seems to safe.

Jack gets a nice rest and he probably wouldn't have played so I don't see the problem

Southgate is the usual like you see on the TV, all in the bubble about their league being the best in the world so of course he'd pick a GK from that league. Decent attack England have, shame about the defence

Butland has just put him a photo on his Instagram story of him from this season giving the thumbs up. Could be a dig, could be nothing B-)

I see that Sam Johnstone has left the England squad due to injury.

James Trafford called up to replace him.

So, still no Butland.

Southgate is a cock.

Boy is absolutely world class at picking the ball out the back of his own net in fairness. With 63 (!) goals conceded in 29 PL games he has had plenty of practice.

Convinced we will look back on this period for England as one of massive underachievement given the pool of players they have to pick from. Not necessarily linked to this specific decision but Southgate does make some weird selections and that's before you get to the tactical side, a decent manager would be licking their lips looking at their squad.

.Convinced we will look back on this period for England as one of massive underachievement given the pool of players they have to pick from. Not necessarily linked to this specific decision but Southgate does make some weird selections and that's before you get to the tactical side, a decent manager would be licking their lips looking at their squad.
So it’ll be like every other era then with all their golden generations

He is no Ederson but tell me Jack is worse than any other GK with the ball at his feet

Trafford is better with the ball

Butland is better at shot stopping

The “Elite” prefer better with the ball

Whether you agree with it is a different matter

Back