St.Boo vYahoos

Watched them also and they really look in a slump. Players doing the exact same things over and over against a team sitting in. A bit like us last year to be honest. Lennon changed nothing and had no idea or inkling to change either. They will undoubtedly hit a good patch but at present we are the best team in the league by a distance.
They are much like us when goin for 10, their squad is on their last legs the worrying part is us when pressure is on and the fact the standard of the league is horrendous so don’t think we’ll see many points dropped from either of us

They are much like us when goin for 10, their squad is on their last legs the worrying part is us when pressure is on and the fact the standard of the league is horrendous so don’t think we’ll see many points dropped from either of us
Completely agree. Will come down to the 4 games and a few away games on astro.

Celtic are a very poor side just now, early days and theyre not firing on all cylinders, so hopefully some teams have the bottle to have a go, like St Mirren. A wee bit smarter in front of goal, bit more composure and who knows. But their 'super centre half' is all over the place. A definite goal threat at set pieces tho, we must make sure theres no daft fouls in or around the final third, but St Mirren beat him in the air a few times too, so not quite the Vin Dyk replacement. I am yet to see anything to scare me against them, a very average team. Only thing they have going for them is the 12th man in black on their side. Wish we were playing them this weekend.

Celtic are a very poor side just now, early days and theyre not firing on all cylinders, so hopefully some teams have the bottle to have a go, like St Mirren. A wee bit smarter in front of goal, bit more composure and who knows. But their 'super centre half' is all over the place. A definite goal threat at set pieces tho, we must make sure theres no daft fouls in or around the final third, but St Mirren beat him in the air a few times too, so not quite the Vin Dyk replacement. I am yet to see anything to scare me against them, a very average team. Only thing they have going for them is the 12th man in black on their side. Wish we were playing them this weekend.
Dosn,t matter if they are average or not mate. The refs know what is at stake this season an imaginary 10 in a row. If they refs can,t help them over the line the spfl/sfa are all ways there as a last resorte.

They certainly are a far cry from the team they were under Brendan. Personally, I can't wait until the end of the current transfer window to see how both squads will finally line up. Thus far, I think we're in decent shape.

Handball or Brown fouls not shown on the highlights (shock horror). What is shown is Ajer pulling jerseys all over the shop at every set piece. Standards were set last year, we should be all over the ref in the next OF.

This thread seems like a repeat of last year.

Shite or not, they still get the 3 points again and are now breathing down our neck.

Massive test of bottle for us on Sunday, massive.

Got to agree, Sunday is massive and we cannot afford to drop any points.

We are not playing in a fair league. The refs clearly do not apply the rules equally. Brown gets away with fouls that no rangers player ever would.

what’s it going to take to turn the tide and stop the likes of Beaton, Clancy and Collum gifting them the title? That’s assuming the spfl don’t beat them to it.

what’s it going to take to turn the tide and stop the likes of Beaton, Clancy and Collum gifting them the title? That’s assuming the spfl don’t beat them to it.

It would take all the other teams to make complaints, either to the sfa or in their interviews. It would take their chairmen to stop being lap dogs and voting whatever way Lawwell tells them. They’d also have to stop playing like hammer throwers themselves to have some semblance of credibility.

I don’t see any of those things happening soon.

Shame Duffy will need to be faced up when corners and free kicks, arrive in the box.
Hopefully Kent, Hagi, will tear him a new one, as he's a slow turner when he's on the back foot and lacks pace.
Nobody in Scotland has tested them yet and maybe the sheep and hivs will have a go at them.

Great test of character for us come Sunday, let's look after ourselves first and foremost!
PS the mhanky mob aren't as good,as they think they are,! Other teams should be getting in among them!!

Shite or not, they still get the 3 points again and are now breathing down our neck.

They haven't lost or really looked like losing a game yet, and come the end of Saturday will probably match us on points and goal difference.

It might be that they start falling apart, but their doom has been predicted on here for 3 years and hasn't materialised yet. If we want to win 55 we're going to have to do it by being better than them, not hoping for a collapse.

Last edited:

Aye, for all the talk of a crisis a few weeks back their league form always reads the same. Keep winning and do the business in the derbies - I don't think there'll be much points dropped elsewhere for either of us.

Aye, for all the talk of a crisis a few weeks back their league form always reads the same. Keep winning and do the business in the derbies - I don't think there'll be much points dropped elsewhere for either of us.

Exactly.

. If we want to win 55 we're going to have to do it by being better than them, not hoping for a collapse.

im not sure many are expecting a collapse but maybe if we had fair officials then they'd maybe drop the odd point. This season has barely started and so far we've seen

edouard get away with a fist to the face
itten not getting a clear penalty
itten being booked for nothing
morelos being studded
etc

Maybe, just maybe if the footballing authorities and officials were fair they might actually drop a point. We have no chance of winning the league with the officiating we're seeing imo.

That mob have got away with massive game changing decisions 2 games on the trot. Their first goal last night was never a free kick and the Carthorse again handling the ball in the penalty area and not being punished. With us, these decisions seem to go against us from the same refs.

Why are people say people are predicting their doom, collapse and demise etc? Literally nobody is.

Folk can say they played shite, which they did, but unfortunately shite is usually good enough to beat the rest of this league for them.

im not sure many are expecting a collapse but maybe if we had fair officials then they'd maybe drop the odd point. This season has barely started and so far we've seen

morelos being studded
etc

Maybe, just maybe if the footballing authorities and officials were fair they might actually drop a point. We have no chance of winning the league with the officiating we're seeing imo.

Don't disagree with any of that mate, and tbh our own club's refusal to tackle the cheating head on has been an endless source of frustration for me.

But at the same time it isn't going to change if we aren't going to do something about it, which leaves us with the only alternative of overcoming it on the park. The officials aren't going to suddenly start being fair now, and so I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the only way we are winning 55 is to be good enough to face it down.

Don't disagree with any of that mate, and tbh our own club's refusal to tackle the cheating head on has been an endless source of frustration for me.

But at the same time it isn't going to change if we aren't going to do something about it, which leaves us with the only alternative of overcoming it on the park. The officials aren't going to suddenly start being fair now, and so I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the only way we are winning 55 is to be good enough to face it down.

the 29th December game proved we can win while being cheated by the ref, linesmen and 4th officials but to maintain that over the course of a season will be near on impossible, i really hope im wrong.

It’s our biggest test of the season so far.
If we come unstuck, it might not actually be bottle though.
It might just be that Hibs were better on the day, for example.
There is more to winning football games than bottle.

Just seen that they subbed Edouard last night. That is probably a first unless injured. Maybe he has thrown the towel in and fed up playing in a 3rd rate league. Only so much you can interest decent foreign players with. Thats why I could never blame Morelos wanting away to a better league.

My worry is they are playing rotten - but they are still getting over the line and getting 3 points.

sadly, they wont play badly all the time as realistically they do have some good players in the squad - just hope we can get something on the 17th !!! pile the pressure on.

My worry is they are playing rotten - but they are still getting over the line and getting 3 points.

sadly, they wont play badly all the time as realistically they do have some good players in the squad - just hope we can get something on the 17th !!! pile the pressure on.

Of course they do, and they should do given they have an astronomical wage bill, even playing shite they will win most games in the league, however it’s better them playing shite and giving teams the amount of chances they do than battering teams and having the game won in the tunnel as has been the case in recent years.

I genuinely didn't know they were playing last night until my boy told me they were losing 1-0 and I didn't even notice the thread on here, probably because of the title of it.

Which is just the way I like it tbh, its all about what we do this season.Just like it was last season.

They are a very poor team. There is no chance we’re losing the league to them this year. They have nothing about them. They’ve yet to put in a convincing performance this season.

Said it before a ball was kicked that it will come down to referees,clearly there is collusion going on over Hampden way and the Board should've called that lot out when they had the chance,what did they have to lose in exposing them for the corrupt lot they are. Why bring a dossier out and not follow it up,so infuriating,the silence from the Board and it won't surprise me if this comes back to kick us in the arse. Everyone can sense what's going to happen when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

They are a very poor team. There is no chance we’re losing the league to them this year. They have nothing about them. They’ve yet to put in a convincing performance this season.

Yet to put in a convincing performance this season but come Saturday they'll be top of the league with the same number of points and a better goal difference than us, after the same number of games?

I'd say that's more of an ominous sign than a good one.

morelos being studded
etc

can add penalties for Goldson & Morelos at Pittodrie + Roofe at Hamilton

and theres been a ridiculous number of standard bookings not being given - good example being Ojo at Pittodrie hauling back someone and not getting a card then picking up a booking before half time

We've not really been outstanding ourselves have we ?. After most games this season, I've been a bit deflated. Our defence and midfield have been good, but we've missed lots of chances. I'd prefer them to play well and drop points than struggle and win. I'll have a better idea after next 4 games.

We've not really been outstanding ourselves have we ?. After most games this season, I've been a bit deflated. Our defence and midfield have been good, but we've missed lots of chances. I'd prefer them to play well and drop points than struggle and win. I'll have a better idea after next 4 games.
I thought we were excellent against Dundee United. We're playing with far more attacking verve than we've seen in recent times and this is before Roofe and Itten have properly bedded in. There's a lot to come from us.

Celtic just look like a disjointed mess. Midfield is all over the place and I don't even know what formation they're meant to be playing.

Said it before a ball was kicked that it will come down to referees,clearly there is collusion going on over Hampden way and the Board should've called that lot out when they had the chance,what did they have to lose in exposing them for the corrupt lot they are. Why bring a dossier out and not follow it up,so infuriating,the silence from the Board and it won't surprise me if this comes back to kick us in the arse. Everyone can sense what's going to happen when it gets down to the nitty gritty.
Blaming refs is defeatist and so is complaining to the SFA and so is calling them out in the press. The refs are poor but they are all we have. They will still be our refs after we cry about them and howl and complain. The story is the same the world over when you can't win, refs get it. We do our job consistantly, refs are still poor but we win the league. The SFA don't tell refs to make sure celtic win, celtic make sure they win. We haven't been good enough to take the title from them, we looked unstoppable after the 29th last year then collapsed, fek all to do with refs and everything to do with our own failings.

They have as tough a run of fixtures as we have over the next month or so. If we are ahead are have parity after the Old Firm game I can see us having a decent lead after second round of fixtures when we play the better teams at home and hopefully have some crowds back

Back