St.Boo vYahoos

Blaming refs is defeatist and so is complaining to the SFA and so is calling them out in the press. The refs are poor but they are all we have. They will still be our refs after we cry about them and howl and complain. The story is the same the world over when you can't win, refs get it. We do our job consistantly, refs are still poor but we win the league. The SFA don't tell refs to make sure celtic win, celtic make sure they win. We haven't been good enough to take the title from them, we looked unstoppable after the 29th last year then collapsed, fek all to do with refs and everything to do with our own failings.

apart from morelos being unavailable and it must have an impact on the players knowing we're being ref'd differently.

I thought we were excellent against Dundee United. We're playing with far more attacking verve than we've seen in recent times and this is before Roofe and Itten have properly bedded in. There's a lot to come from us.

Celtic just look like a disjointed mess. Midfield is all over the place and I don't even know what formation they're meant to be playing.
I never said we were poor all the time. Excellent 1st half Aberdeen, outstanding 2nd half v DUFC. As someone pointed out, by Saturday, they could be top. We've both to play Hibs and each other plus they've to play Aberdeen. Wait till all 11 games have been played.

apart from morelos being unavailable and it must have an impact on the players knowing we're being ref'd differently.
We need to win without key players, a strong squad makes that happen. The players know how the refs behave, in the same way refs know players. Good players know how to keep themselves on the park, they know when to shut up and they know when and how to make challenges. If a player gets sent off for a second booking if his first was for dissent then he will cost you. It's down to players knowing how to keep themselves on the pitch not referees. Alfie might or might not deserve a red card in a game but he hasn't yet worked out how to make sure he doesn't receive one.

2mins Injury Time everytime when they are winning yet it's anything from 4-7 when they ain't.

Call me paranoid but fck me they don't even hide it. 6 subs and 2mins pmsl. Aye ok.
It’s ok they get to play the extra minutes in games when they are losing or drawing. Evens itself out over the season.

Blaming refs is defeatist and so is complaining to the SFA and so is calling them out in the press. The refs are poor but they are all we have. They will still be our refs after we cry about them and howl and complain. The story is the same the world over when you can't win, refs get it. We do our job consistantly, refs are still poor but we win the league. The SFA don't tell refs to make sure celtic win, celtic make sure they win. We haven't been good enough to take the title from them, we looked unstoppable after the 29th last year then collapsed, fek all to do with refs and everything to do with our own failings.

I really want to agree with your level of thinking, and for some part I do agree with it.

But, there can be no denying that on occasions, refereeing decisions cost teams big time. A referee single-handedly cost us a trophy last season. I don't see how that can be disputed.

Could not agree more with this.

Glad to see another poster with some common sense thinking regarding referees on here.

Just seen that they subbed Edouard last night. That is probably a first unless injured. Maybe he has thrown the towel in and fed up playing in a 3rd rate league. Only so much you can interest decent foreign players with. Thats why I could never blame Morelos wanting away to a better league.
They are worried about his form, he still has 4 goals right enough.

Two games in a row they could easily have had penalties against them, but the ref decided otherwise. Its decisions like this that could influence eventual League outcomes. To deny that is just madness, especially when decisions like this repeatedly go in their favour, but never against them.

Two games in a row they could easily have had penalties against them, but the ref decided otherwise. Its decisions like this that could influence eventual League outcomes. To deny that is just madness, especially when decisions like this repeatedly go in their favour, but never against them.

Itten should've had a stonewall penalty and possibly another when the player kicks the back of his leg, both fallover however Itten gets booked.

These things have a massive influence on the league but its 'fek all to do with refs' :rolleyes:

I've said that before as well,that we need to be at it and be as ruthless as they are from the word go in every game and the rest of the squad need to step up so if there's any key players missing that it doesn't effect performances. Still a concern over strength in depth with midfield. I think we're fine in defence and in attack.

the 29th December game proved we can win while being cheated by the ref, linesmen and 4th officials but to maintain that over the course of a season will be near on impossible, i really hope im wrong.

Agreed. You play that game again 10 times (with that level of corruption) and the tims win 9 times out of ten. We had to be at the very top of our game to overcome Clancy in that match.

To be fair they did look incredibly shit at the back doing it.

But this happens every season. They look shit but still win then they go on a run of form and win. We should just concentrate on ourselves.

You’re right it was exactly the same last season. But it seems logic and common sense are unstaunch and we’re meant to say they’re pish and ask no questions.

Stating facts is not defeatist. Weve only ourselves to blame losing to the likes of Hearts and Hamilton.
Some of the decisions that have gone against us even in games weve won have been woeful where as other decisions have gone unnoticed with other teams.

Do you think the SFA asked to move the OF game or was it just the draw of the computer?

Blaming the Refs is defeatist??

Is it really when it's down right cheating in games we even win?? There's dozens of examples of it. Where do I start?

That's just with Our team. Not counting the blatant cheating in favour of that lot. Sorry but that's countless times I've heard of them scrapping a lead and finding out there's 2mins IT. Yet when they are down there's always, 4, 5 even 6mins added on ffs. You have Lego who seems untouchable too. Plenty of times against us alone he could of walked for 2 bookable offences.

You really need to take your head out the sand re this. It's not even the fact of when we dont win. It's so fcking blatant when we are winning.

I reckon in about 75% of our matches something controversial will go against Us winning or losing.

Stating facts is not defeatist. Weve only ourselves to blame losing to the likes of Hearts and Hamilton.
Some of the decisions that have gone against us even in games weve won have been woeful where as other decisions have gone unnoticed with other teams.

Do you think the SFA asked to move the OF game or was it just the draw of the computer?

Everyone knew that would happen during the Lockdown before the fixtures came out.

They weren't even hiding how blatant it was. Only thing I'm surprised about is that they will if any be allowed in its just a couple of thousand for the game. I would of bet them getting a crowd in and then by time 2nd Jan came we would be back BCD. Call me cynical.

Last edited:
Everyone knew that would happen during the Lockdown before the fixtures came out.

They weren't even hiding how blatant it was. Only thing I'm surprised about is that they will if any be allowed in its just a couple of thousand for the game. I would of bet them getting a crowd in and then by time 2nd Jan came we would be back BCD. Call me cynical.
I agree 100% mate. They will stoop to anything for a victory.

The refs are a disgrace, but if we do not win the league then you can point to Livingston 0 Rangers 0 where we lost 2 points because we played poorly. Let's keep our good run going and beat Hibs at the weekend despite the officials.

The bottom line is the mentally challengeds have looked vulnerable and exposed in every game they have played so far.

We haven't at any stage of any game and look a far more complete team.

Bummer, being smiling all day thinking the poops game last night finished 1-1, fckn Turkish Hotel WiFi, hadn't updated the score, ach well, at least it's roasty toasty in the 90's every day. Lol. Just hope I can find somewhere to get tonight's game in Fethiye.

The bottom line is the mentally challengeds have looked vulnerable and exposed in every game they have played so far.

I can recall 2 glaring misses against us so far, Shankland's on Saturday, and a headed chance straight at McLauchlin, St Mirren I think. At no stage however have we looked under pressure though, or more importantly lacking in concentration.

My main fear this season is keeping our top players fit, for the past 2 seasons we always seem to get 2 or 3 of them out with injuries at the same time. The tims never seem to have this problem

We've not really been outstanding ourselves have we ?. After most games this season, I've been a bit deflated. Our defence and midfield have been good, but we've missed lots of chances. I'd prefer them to play well and drop points than struggle and win. I'll have a better idea after next 4 games.
You've been deflated after we've won football matches?

Can people not even enjoy wins anymore?

Watched the game, absolute dire game, dont think it was a penalty at the end to be mcgrrgor gets the ball and st mirren playe then gets his legs tangled with mcgregors. They look so slow and unorganised at the back, plenty of chances for teams to get at them, sadly stmirrrn were not interested in leaving there own half until the last couple of mins
Was ra Smelltic penalty a penalty or just a very soft award?

I thought we were excellent against Dundee United. We're playing with far more attacking verve than we've seen in recent times and this is before Roofe and Itten have properly bedded in. There's a lot to come from us.

Celtic just look like a disjointed mess. Midfield is all over the place and I don't even know what formation they're meant to be playing.

I assume we have outscored this disjointed mess??:rolleyes:

They are shoite but about to top the league. Lets hope they don't hit form. Folk really need to get real. Us winning the title is going to be extremely difficult.

exactky they are giving teams chances in every game several per half

this will eventually catch up with them

they give us the amount of chances Ross county had and we will run riot

I just watched the SPFL highlights of their match and if the penalty claim that St Mirren are making is the one on there then it wasn't a penalty. It is not clear if Duffy even heads it on to his arm.
It seemed to me that he just headed it downwards and away.
It wasn't deflected away from a St Mirren player or anything like that.

Blaming the Refs is defeatist??

Is it really when it's down right cheating in games we even win?? There's dozens of examples of it. Where do I start?

That's just with Our team. Not counting the blatant cheating in favour of that lot. Sorry but that's countless times I've heard of them scrapping a lead and finding out there's 2mins IT. Yet when they are down there's always, 4, 5 even 6mins added on ffs. You have Lego who seems untouchable too. Plenty of times against us alone he could of walked for 2 bookable offences.

You really need to take your head out the sand re this. It's not even the fact of when we dont win. It's so fcking blatant when we are winning.

I reckon in about 75% of our matches something controversial will go against Us winning or losing.
What is your solution to the referee problem?

Back