St Enoch Store

Alex Hunter

Official Ticketer
Apologies - I know there are a lot of retail threads kicking about but wasn’t sure where this belonged. If there’s an existing thread or whatever feel free to merge.

I was in St Enoch Sq for the first time in a while today and noticed a decent amount of punters in the Gers shop as I passed.

What’s the latest with this place? I know it was a 5 year lease with an option of another 5 etc and we’ve been over and over the fact that Bears shouldn’t be giving them money.

But what’s the end game? As it stands, they’re basically now what the Megastore was previously. A stockroom of old, out of date stock only being frequented by those who appear unaware of the situation.

Presumably Castore would be interested in taking it over but does anyone know if there’s anything in the pipeline regarding that?

Seems an odd situation at present.

I know there was a poster on here who worked there. Obviously hope those guys stay in work but maybe he can shed some light.

The whole situation is a shambles.

Rangers shop in town that we don't actually make any money on that sells old kit/training gear etc.

We all know why.

Tourists must must be bewildered with it all especially since the bheasts will have all their adidas shite in their shop.

I posted about this store a few weeks ago only for it to be deleted with a sarcastic comment as the reason, no matter what the majority of people know there is some who don't.

I expect this thread to go the same way mine did.

How can they still operate as surely we have trademarks?
Surely as the contract with them expired on 31st July we can at least insist that they remove all references to the club including our badges from the signage on the front of the shop. Otherwise the uninitiated (of whom there appears to be a few according to the OP) will continue to believe that it is in some way an “official“ shop.

Staggering folk still using the shop... They are selling everything at bargain prices.. but someone said they were bringing out new products with our old crest but no stars

Surely as the contract with them expired on 31st July we can at least insist that they remove all references to the club including our badges from the signage on the front of the shop. Otherwise the uninitiated (of whom there appears to be a few according to the OP) will continue to believe that it is in some way an “official“ shop.

This is what I always wondered about as well.

Only the Sport Direct deal ended on 31st July

Remember the Hummell/Elite deal was set against Sport Direct and therefore will be separate contract

I’m sure the poster on here who works in the shop says they still have distribution rights going forward. What that exactly means I don’t know.

Slightly off topic, what's the situation regarding JD Sports shops? I was up at the fort this afternoon and their outlet there was splattered with the paedo clubs kits on every window, a glimpse inside the door on the way past all you could see was that green and grey shite.
I thought to myself it must be a bheast shop but when looked up at the sign it was JD Sports.
Also noticed a pish stained jakey coming out of it.

Fucking sad that there’s people happy to go in and pick up Hummel stuff on the cheap. How can we expect people to not buy from the fat slug when there’s punters willing to do this.

Disgusting.

Slightly off topic, what's the situation regarding JD Sports shops? I was up at the fort this afternoon and their outlet there was splattered with the paedo clubs kits on every window, a glimpse inside the door on the way past all you could see was that green and grey shite.
I thought to myself it must be a bheast shop but when looked up at the sign it was JD Sports.

JD Sports are their official retail partner

They have an exclusive deal with the tims

Without revealing the full details, I deal with them on a job front and I questioned their finance director on the long term viability of the unit going forward given the Castore deal, and his response was that they are still very much planning to trade from it despite the new deal Rangers had struck. Whether that’s lip service or not I don’t know.

Went on their website and they are selling Rangers crest face masks. I don't know why they are allowed to do this.

I hope this deal works out with us and castore . It is confusing for some people that maybe aren't on social media that we shouldn't buy stuff from gers store online when they see the badge etc on the sign outside. Some people maybe can't afford to buy kids new kits but see a kit in that other store for 10 quid. Hopefully we have a good relationship with castore and folk will buy the reduced kit or items from castore instead.

It’ll be stranger still if Castore have a city centre store in the near future.

It’s all well and good for us but it’s the confused aunties at birthdays and Christmas that will run into strife.
They must gobble up a lot of tourist money as well. No one will trek out to the stadium, but I bet plenty would get something from there

I reckon they sold an absolute load of stock to classicfootballshirts recently.
Suddenly they had a lot less kit in stock and the classicfootballshirts had loads

I'm not being snide here, but it's a place that fans who can't afford the new stuff can go and buy Rangers stuff. The club isn't getting the money but the fans are getting strips cut price.
They're still fans at the end of the day.

It’ll be stranger still if Castore have a city centre store in the near future.

It’s all well and good for us but it’s the confused aunties at birthdays and Christmas that will run into strife.
Sons girlfriend just bought my 4 month old grandson a baby home top from there and sent me the pictures. I don't think she appreciated my reply.

I'm not being snide here, but it's a place that fans who can't afford the new stuff can go and buy Rangers stuff. The club isn't getting the money but the fans are getting strips cut price.
It’s a good point.

If they didn’t know the link had been broken, they would have worked it out when they don’t see any Castore strips being sold. Not all families can afford the Castore prices.

Should have a whip round to pay someone to stand outside with they big signs (similar to the ones outside Apple stores "cheaper phone repairs round the corner") and tell everyone the script.

It’s a good point.

If they didn’t know the link had been broken, they would have worked it out when they don’t see any Castore strips being sold. Not all families can afford the Castore prices.

I never really cared about having the latest strip when I was younger and it's now trendy to have retro ones which I always seemed to anyway. For people like me buying an older top for £10 is decent value. The fact that none of it is going to the club is the only thing holding me back.

Fucking sad that there’s people happy to go in and pick up Hummel stuff on the cheap. How can we expect people to not buy from the fat slug when there’s punters willing to do this.

Disgusting.
A boy I know has 3 kids he buys the tops for, the socks are very similar to last seasons he can't justify paying £45 for 3 pairs of socks to kick a ball about when he can get similar ones for £1 a pair, it's fine people saying just pay the extra, £42 extra for socks it a big difference.

Should have a whip round to pay someone to stand outside with they big signs (similar to the ones outside Apple stores "cheaper phone repairs round the corner") and tell everyone the script.
Or we could chip in and get some sticky posters printed up, Stick them on the windows telling folk that the club get no money from these chancers.

Disgusting.
Hardly “disgusting”
Some folk cant afford £60 for a strip and that may be the next best thing for them, particularly in this climate.

Not in the eyes of some. I think a number of folk forget that not everyone sits on forums and social media most of the day being kept up to date with the Club’s commercial deals. There are marginal fans who just want to wear the Club’s colours and don’t take notice of the politics of it all. Doesn’t make them any less of a fan nor do they have to have been ‘living under a rock’ to realise what they’re buying doesn’t benefit Rangers financially.

Giving to chancers that owe us £3m+?

Aye, it’s disgusting.

If the board hadnt wrapped themselves in entanglements of litigation there wouldnt be said issues - people shop where they can afford to, its as simple as that.
Far worse things to be disgusted about than this.

Look at it this way, £3m is what the board sanctioned to pay for Pena - now THAT is disgusting.
A dad on minimum wage wanting to buy himself a top for £15 (from a decent manufacturer) not quite the same level of disgust.

I wasted £100 on vouchers in there at Christmas thinking my kids would be able to use it for new kits.

Money unrecoverable now so may as well get as much out of them in terms of stock as I can.

Piss poor.

Not in the eyes of some. I think a number of folk forget that not everyone sits on forums and social media most of the day being kept up to date with the Club’s commercial deals. There are marginal fans who just want to wear the Club’s colours and don’t take notice of the politics of it all. Doesn’t make them any less of a fan nor do they have to have been ‘living under a rock’ to realise what they’re buying doesn’t benefit Rangers financially.

My father in law is one of these people mentioned. He was going to buy my son something from there but luckily my mother in law told him "you better phone his da before you buy him something" as he has made the same mistake before. He is a rangers fan but doesnt keep up with the latest retail situation so will usually ask me when he can buy him stuff as like most of us we want to buy the strips, training gear etc especially for the young bears.

Luckily we can now buy all the stuff when its available.

Back